2100 posts
Barney
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Barney » 26 Oct 2021 11:35

Simmops
John Smith
PATRIQT
Actually the noise from C1871 came across very well on Sky, much better than when we were in Y25. The noise just doesn't carry very well from there. For a small crowd they were decent. I'd love to hear the difference with a big crowd.

That is pure misinformation. The noise on the TV is based purely on the positioning of microphones and mixing by producers. Of course Sky will want their 'product' to come across better so they turn up the crowd noise - lockdown matches taught us that.

[b]I've heard under good authority that club1871 have installed microphones and amplifiers to enhance the sound to make it appear to the other fans, owners and TV that it is a rip roaring success and makes alot of noise.[/b]

It isn't hard to adjust the sound feed of a camera or even have a member of club1871 work for the sky sound department

Why have you not mentioned the microphones etc earlier ??

And by the way, this post of yours is right up there. Hobnob has been going for many many years, but I think your post wins :roll:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Oct 2021 11:57

Barney
Simmops
John Smith That is pure misinformation. The noise on the TV is based purely on the positioning of microphones and mixing by producers. Of course Sky will want their 'product' to come across better so they turn up the crowd noise - lockdown matches taught us that.

[b]I've heard under good authority that club1871 have installed microphones and amplifiers to enhance the sound to make it appear to the other fans, owners and TV that it is a rip roaring success and makes alot of noise.[/b]

It isn't hard to adjust the sound feed of a camera or even have a member of club1871 work for the sky sound department

And by the way, this post of yours is right up there. Hobnob has been going for many many years, but I think your post wins :roll:

It has always been a suspicion amongst a few people tbh, but IRL it is definitely not as loud as on TV or as full.

Could Club1871 also be planting extras in there to make it look more successful?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Oct 2021 11:59

Best dust off that tin foil hat, DD.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 26 Oct 2021 12:53

Simmops
John Smith
PATRIQT
Actually the noise from C1871 came across very well on Sky, much better than when we were in Y25. The noise just doesn't carry very well from there. For a small crowd they were decent. I'd love to hear the difference with a big crowd.

That is pure misinformation. The noise on the TV is based purely on the positioning of microphones and mixing by producers. Of course Sky will want their 'product' to come across better so they turn up the crowd noise - lockdown matches taught us that.

I've heard under good authority that club1871 have installed microphones and amplifiers to enhance the sound to make it appear to the other fans, owners and TV that it is a rip roaring success and makes alot of noise.

:lol: This is great to read. Hobnob Hall of Fame post.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Oct 2021 13:15

Comedy gold. :D

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 26 Oct 2021 18:10

Simmops
Barney
Simmops [b]I've heard under good authority that club1871 have installed microphones and amplifiers to enhance the sound to make it appear to the other fans, owners and TV that it is a rip roaring success and makes alot of noise.[/b]

It has always been a suspicion amongst a few people tbh, but IRL it is definitely not as loud as on TV or as full.

Could Club1871 also be planting extras in there to make it look more successful?

I heard that they were installing gas in the ventilation to make the air thicker so that they sound louder and deeper too? They have agents everywhere, no one is safe! :shock:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Oct 2021 19:05

Bigtimmeh
Simmops
Barney

I heard that they were installing gas in the ventilation to make the air thicker so that they sound louder and deeper too? They have agents everywhere, no one is safe! :shock:

Pathetic bunch.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 26 Oct 2021 19:19

Simmops
Bigtimmeh
Simmops

Pathetic bunch.

Yeah....I also have it on good authority that it is called c1871 because they only allow 1,871 fans in that stand. Then someone pointed out that it happens to be the same number that equates to the year of our formation. How mad is that ?

Also, the roof above the away fans in the other half of the South Stand is made of cardboard. So that when they sing, the noise is
nullified by the cardboard. I have that on good authority too :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Nov 2021 09:14

Fighting in Club1871 at the weekend. Only a matter of time really. The writing is on the wall for that silly lot.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Nov 2021 09:22

John Smith Fighting in Y26 at the weekend. Only a matter of time really. The writing is on the wall for that silly lot.

Corrected for you.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 01 Nov 2021 10:54

John Smith Fighting in Club1871 at the weekend. Only a matter of time really. The writing is on the wall for that silly lot.

Seen this many times in Y25 and Y26, so what?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Nov 2021 10:51

John Smith Fighting in Y26 at the weekend. Only a matter of time really. The writing is on the wall for that silly lot.

Corrected for you.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2021 11:38

paultheroyal

Corrected for you.

Started in Club1871 and made to look like it was Y26 as footage was only captured once the perpetrators spilled over there.

Why is the club encouraging this?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 Nov 2021 11:40

John Smith
paultheroyal

Corrected for you.

Started in Club1871 and made to look like it was Y26 as footage was only captured once the perpetrators spilled over there.

Why are you like this?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Nov 2021 12:16

muirinho
John Smith
paultheroyal
Corrected for you.

Why are you like this?

Because he is a WUM and has nothing better to do.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Nov 2021 12:44

Because it is clearly a DD burner account? Along with many others......

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2021 17:11

muirinho
John Smith
paultheroyal
Corrected for you.

Why are you like this?

I just don't think it's a positive addition or true reflection of our support. It was created by a young group who never go to away games and are just doing it to be seen, from a narcissistic point of view. Unfortunately Liam Moore took the bait and talked it up (he was hardly going to slam the idea) so they think they have the backing of the captain.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Nov 2021 17:16

John Smith Fighting in Club1871 at the weekend. Only a matter of time really. The writing is on the wall for that silly lot.

If you thought that was fighting, I can safely assume that you never attended a game in the 70s or 80s !!!

Your comments are absolutely insane. Fighting ?? REALLY ?? Get a grip sunshine.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Nov 2021 12:11

Love to see this area packed out on Saturday and in full voice.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 17 Nov 2021 12:35

Wont be there Saturday but have season tickets now in 1871
Must admit I think it worked better with it in the other side of the stand with the away fans in the middle.

But really enjoy it in there, my lads love it. It has been one of the few positives over the last few years.

Just thought I would add my support

2100 posts