Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:14

AthleticoSpizz ….and hard to call for heads to roll whilst knocking-in goals…which we were for a change.

…and yes, I know :roll:

Some already pre-match, accepted defeat, but they”d settled for defeat with a fight…..and they got just that, we ran out of steam and the subs came 10/15 minutes too late.

Better days to come, the squad are regrouping and re-arming

I respect your opinion and the debate belongs elsewhere, not here. I don't think you speak for all of Club 1871 - 15% might think as you do. We lost. Again. With a very good team, trying very hard which is why presumably the majority are very unhappy. Just gutless in my opinion.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:19

St Pauli
Millsy SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

WERE THERE ANY CHANTS FOR PAUNO'S HEAD TODAY?

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

Back in the day there'd be non-stop chanting for the manager's head.

I don't get it.

There was a Club 1871 banner today that read:

No desire, no drive, no direction.

Sounds more self-referential, if I'm honest.

Seriously??? Losing to Harriers, then 7-0 at home, then a couple more defeats, utterly clueless manager most people want out and the best the whole stand can come up with is something nebulous about desire, drive and direction? The boys showed all of those three, they are just lead by a muppet.

I mean fair play to whomever did that, better than nothing, but I'm stunned quite frankly.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:22

windermereROYAL The only stand with a protest today, a banner reading NO DESIRE, NO DRIVE, NO DIRECTION, maybe some other stands should take note.

Other stands have never had any meaningful part in being vocal. They can't even chant "Come on Reading" FFS so it's absolutely no defence to say 1871 was better than them.

Vocal dissatisfaction has always come from the loudmouths first and foremost.

We used to climb 10-foot fences back in the day to show our dissatisfaction with managers we disliked.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2022 23:26

Your opinion is noted

fwiw, I have no allegiance nor opinion on Club 1871…even Ian doesn’t bother turning up to sing along with them anymore….(not that he could see much of the game…what, with everybody standing-up :wink: ) ho hum.

Today was hardly “gutless”…we just ran out of steam (and the substitutions were left too late…..as usual)

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 23 Jan 2022 04:51

Millsy
St Pauli

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

I don't get it.

Seriously??? Losing to Harriers, then 7-0 at home, then a couple more defeats, utterly clueless manager most people want out and the best the whole stand can come up with is something nebulous about desire, drive and direction? The boys showed all of those three, they are just lead by a muppet.

I mean fair play to whomever did that, better than nothing, but I'm stunned quite frankly.

Club 1871 are a new group and so are learning as they go so to speak, and all power to them IMO. The banner today was one of those occasions where I don’t completely agree with it but as they’re constructively trying to do something to improve the fan experience at Reading I’ll still support them. My gripe is that the banner looked professionally made. For a banner criticising the club having it professionally made makes it look like you’re going to stash it away for later use, and will wheel it out whenever we’re shit, which is wrong IMO as it looks like you plan for the club to be shit on the regs going forward. For me it would have been better to paint the message on a cheap wallpaper role and discard it at the end of the game like European groups do.

Tldr: They do things better on the continent.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jan 2022 06:12

St Pauli
Millsy
St Pauli

Club 1871 are a new group and so are learning as they go so to speak, and all power to them IMO. The banner today was one of those occasions where I don’t completely agree with it but as they’re constructively trying to do something to improve the fan experience at Reading I’ll still support them. My gripe is that the banner looked professionally made. For a banner criticising the club having it professionally made makes it look like you’re going to stash it away for later use, and will wheel it out whenever we’re shit, which is wrong IMO as it looks like you plan for the club to be shit on the regs going forward. For me it would have been better to paint the message on a cheap wallpaper role and discard it at the end of the game like European groups do.

Club1871 are trying to emulate the European style and quote Frankly its pathetic and embarrassing and forced

None of them are even on the most prominent forum for reading fans ffs

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Jan 2022 07:36

I have to say it was a very made banner. Any chance we can get a plane to fly over the ground? With Paunovic out?
On the plus side 1871 were brilliant today, despite the loss. No noise from the Huddersfield fans despite the win.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 23 Jan 2022 08:51

Simmops
St Pauli
Millsy

Club1871 are trying to emulate the European style and quote Frankly its pathetic and embarrassing and forced

Well I completely disagree with you on this. But I’m going to leave it there as I think the main reason you post what you post on them is to get attention.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jan 2022 09:18

St Pauli
Simmops
St Pauli

Well I completely disagree with you on this. But I’m going to leave it there as I think the main reason you post what you post on them is to get attention.

Not at all but we will leave it there

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2022 13:58

I don't get it.

Lots of booing vs Luton.

Think the return of some players, goals and better performance probably muted the vocal out vibe.

It'll resurface.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Jan 2022 17:41

St Pauli
Millsy
St Pauli

Good points, completely agree. Plastic fans, plastic banners.

Of course I do respect C1871 but this is more a reflection of the club and general attitude of the fans. They may be a new group but grass roots loudmouth passionate footy fans is as old as football itself so there should be nothing new about that.

Has RFC sunk so low in its depths of apathetic plasticisation that we need to compartmentalise passion into a synthetic group of soulless voice boxes, in the same way that people reduce and compartmentalise spirituality to a tacky Buddha statue in their garden and an hour of meditation a week, or philanthropy into a self-gratifying weekly donation of £2 to adopt a hamster in Africa somewhere?

Ffs guys… the club is in turmoil, and every club has counted on its young passionate loud folk to be spontaneous, daring. vocal, put up banners, sing out protests loudly and show like they care.

We can blame the owners, managers, players all we like but at the end of the day we deserve the club we have.

Apathetic plastics who need to be prescribed a singing area, as long as it doesn’t do anything too daring. Not a go at C1871, a general one.

Rant over.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jan 2022 17:52

Millsy
St Pauli
Millsy

Of course I do respect C1871 but this is more a reflection of the club and general attitude of the fans. They may be a new group but grass roots loudmouth passionate footy fans is as old as football itself so there should be nothing new about that.

Has RFC sunk so low in its depths of apathetic plasticisation that we need to compartmentalise passion into a synthetic group of soulless voice boxes, in the same way that people reduce and compartmentalise spirituality to a tacky Buddha statue in their garden and an hour of meditation a week, or philanthropy into a self-gratifying weekly donation of £2 to adopt a hamster in Africa somewhere?

Ffs guys… the club is in turmoil, and every club has counted on its young passionate loud folk to be spontaneous, daring. vocal, put up banners, sing out protests loudly and show like they care.

We can blame the owners, managers, players all we like but at the end of the day we deserve the club we have.

Apathetic plastics who need to be prescribed a singing area, as long as it doesn’t do anything too daring. Not a go at C1871, a general one.

Rant over.

+1

The only way forward is to abolish cluj1871

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 23 Jan 2022 18:45

Simmops
Millsy
St Pauli

Rant over.

+1

The only way forward is to abolish cluj1871

Perhaps not the only way forward and whether we’d prefer something else or not; Club 1871 have made a positive contribution to atmosphere, noise, singing.

It was more ‘library like’ at times without them.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jan 2022 19:13

Keep it up 1871 you`re doing a grand job, there I`ve said it and balls to you haters, or we could go back to a soulless bowl which I`m sure a few of you prefer.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jan 2022 19:17

Much better in the last couple of games. The atmosphere was decent yesterday which all things considered is a good effort from the fans.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jan 2022 19:32

windermereROYAL Keep it up 1871 you`re doing a grand job, there I`ve said it and balls to you haters, or we could go back to a soulless bowl which I`m sure a few of you prefer.

:|

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Jan 2022 09:40

Club 1871 were back on it last Saturday, so much better.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jan 2022 10:17

Club 1871 have a job to do and that job is to be as disruptive as possible before, during and after games. We saw a good number of Birmingham supporters protesting at the weekend and they are in a far better position than we are. We are too passive and we as supporters are sleepwalking as much as the owner is.

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 24 Jan 2022 11:54

NathStPaul Club 1871 have a job to do and that job is to be as disruptive as possible before, during and after games.

TBF - I'm not sure why its all down to Club1871 to do something, surely any Reading fan can do something or are the people who sit in the rest of the ground completely incompetent?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jan 2022 11:56

Dixie Norm
NathStPaul Club 1871 have a job to do and that job is to be as disruptive as possible before, during and after games.

TBF - I'm not sure why its all down to Club1871 to do something, surely any Reading fan can do something or are the people who sit in the rest of the ground completely incompetent?

They are the most passionate and vocal of the Reading supporters, it is on them. They wanted their own supporters movement and they got it, they have to now use it to try and enforce change and be the voice of the Reading supporters. They also sit together in the ground in large numbers, they have the power to protest.

2100 posts