WTF is going on with the online fan store?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

WTF is going on with the online fan store?

by Brogue » 14 Oct 2022 09:46

10 weeks till Christmas, went on today to see what they’ve got, my daughter is showing more and more interest in Reading and wanted to buy her some stuff. Nothing, nothing at all online, no bits and bobs, no Christmas stuff. But it’s not just the lack of Christmas stuff, i had a look at the mens section, hardly any clothes or choice of anything. WTF is going on? Absolute shambles

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: WTF is going on with the online fan store?

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Oct 2022 11:11

There is quite a lot for sale that I can see

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Oct 2022 11:13

Seems reasonable for a nobody tier 2 team to me

Url for souvenirs below

https://fanstore.readingfc.co.uk/en/rea ... f=m-TOPNAV

Even got an Xmas jumper in the mens section

https://fanstore.readingfc.co.uk/en/rea ... f=m-TOPNAV

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Oct 2022 15:27

Brogue 10 weeks till Christmas, went on today to see what they’ve got, my daughter is showing more and more interest in Reading and wanted to buy her some stuff. Nothing, nothing at all online, no bits and bobs, no Christmas stuff. But it’s not just the lack of Christmas stuff, i had a look at the mens section, hardly any clothes or choice of anything. WTF is going on? Absolute shambles

I know people/family members who have tried buying things for me online before have moaned about this as well, a lack of availability or options. This is going back a good few years as well, not just in the last couple of seasons.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Oct 2022 15:46

Once again the club appear to have outsourced an operation to an organisation that does a far worse job than the club used to do themselves!

Fanatics are useless IMO.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Oct 2022 16:01

RoyalBlue Once again the club appear to have outsourced an operation to an organisation that does a far worse job than the club used to do themselves!

YorkshireRoyal99
I know people/family members who have tried buying things for me online before have moaned about this as well, a lack of availability or options. This is going back a good few years as well, not just in the last couple of seasons.

Which is it, as this is the first year with Fanatics.

Fanatics have always been excellent on anything I have bought, NFL or NHL related.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Oct 2022 16:59

Hendo
RoyalBlue Once again the club appear to have outsourced an operation to an organisation that does a far worse job than the club used to do themselves!

YorkshireRoyal99

Fanatics have always been excellent on anything I have bought, NFL or NHL related.

For the record, I wasn't speaking about fanatics, just more a general lack of options/availability on the online store and that's only feedback I've heard from other people. I personally don't think it's great, but providing it's got a shirt or two on there and possibly a training top/hoody, then it's ok with me and that's what I usually get.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Oct 2022 20:50

What merch/clobber would people like to see?

I'd be partial to a Reading FC snowstorm, maybe some hoops tinsel for the Christmas tree and a Hogwood Lego set.

JR

by JR » 14 Oct 2022 21:14

Green What merch/clobber would people like to see?

I'd be partial to a Reading FC snowstorm, maybe some hoops tinsel for the Christmas tree and a Hogwood Lego set.

A set of premium crackers - filled with a miniature figure of a current or former Reading player and the words to a classic Reading song. And a blue and white hat of course.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Oct 2022 07:37

A game of injury snakes and ladders (25 snakes and no ladders)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Oct 2022 08:31

Sutekh A game of injury snakes and ladders (25 snakes and no ladders)

Injury Monopoly. You are Scott Dann, go straight to injury room, do not pass go, do still collect £8k a week.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Oct 2022 16:47

Sutekh A game of injury snakes and ladders (25 snakes and no ladders)

Bowens and ladders.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 15 Oct 2022 19:56

Hendo

YorkshireRoyal99

They might have done well on NFL and NHL but in my experience they are currently providing a crap service for RFC. Very poor/limited product offerings and stock levels, plus their website is a mess. e.g. kids shirts advertised, sizes chart provided but no option to select a particular size. Elsewhere size buttons that don't actually work!

Needle

by Needle » 07 Nov 2022 20:50

Green What merch/clobber would people like to see?

Trashed the home shirt with the global warming sleeves and then they offer this tat in the shop. It's a confusing message.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Nov 2022 13:42

anyone got any inside info as to whether there will be any kid's home shirts back in stock before Christmas?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2022 15:05

Brogue anyone got any inside info as to whether there will be any kid's home shirts back in stock before Christmas?

I suspect there won't be any more kids' home shirts in stock this season. Very disappointing, particularly as they never even offered infant sizes. Not the best way of winning over support at a young age when we so desperately need to do so.

'Never mind love, I'll buy you a (insert EPL Club Name here) shirt instead.'

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Nov 2022 15:10

RoyalBlue
Brogue anyone got any inside info as to whether there will be any kid's home shirts back in stock before Christmas?

I suspect there won't be any more kids' home shirts in stock this season. Very disappointing, particularly as they never even offered infant sizes. Not the best way of winning over support at a young age when we so desperately need to do so.

Some brief discussion on shirt supplies on the kit thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104989&start=5840

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Nov 2022 18:45

Sutekh
RoyalBlue

Some brief discussion on shirt supplies on the kit thread:

https://www.royals.org/forum/viewtopic. ... start=5840

Indeed there was but I remember a few years ago we overstocked on shirts, and now we have gone to an extreme and understocked them. That third kit went in a couple of days, the home kit has pretty much sold out as has the pink away kit and we haven't got to Christmas. Same last season with the home shirt. Sold out by October, you can but one on eBay for 100 quid. We don't seem to be getting it right in this area.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 Nov 2022 18:49

I just want to buy a Reading shirt for my daughter for Christmas. for the first time I’m getting her a half season ticket. the couple of games I’ve taken her to over the last two seasons she’s really enjoyed. And she’s desperate for a shirt. Is it too much to ask you, Reading Fc, that you have a football shirt in your club shop for sale for Christmas? Of course it is. Fcuking bullshit. And I read the other thread yes. No other club who has macron as the kit make are having supply issues in the uk.. I’m fuming

The 4 teams in England below. Been on each of their websites and every single one has stock of home and away in adult and junior sizes. So whoever is blaming supply issues or brexit or whatever. Please explain why all of the clubs below have stock? I’ll tell you the answer. We are a fcuking shambles at stuff like this always have been. That’s why, nothing to do with worldwide global supply issues or brexit. It’s simple we are shit.

Palace
Forest
Stoke
Blackburn

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 28 Nov 2022 20:33

I agree