No
69%

Total votes: 67
leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Man City Tickets

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 11:57

Z175 [
Yeah I really wouldn't. I registered my mates flat in Scotland with MCFC - I have heard of ticket slaes to certain postcodes getting looked into.

If you started emailing Man city then you make them unable to turn a blind eye to the masses of new city fans in berkshire who just registered.

spot on Z175, in general clubs will turn a blind eye to fans buying tickets for opposite ends unless:

a. there is any sort of history with the clubs
b. classed as any sort of rivalry
c. you make them aware of it
d. the tie would have sold out to home fans

somewhere in the laws it states that you will be ejected from the ground if you are found to be in a section not allocated to you. However if you have a City ticket it will be allocated to you.
The Stevenage stewards were told by the club/police to not eject any Reading fans from the ground that were in home sections.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Mar 2011 12:04

leicsRoyal does anyone know what points banding Stevenage tickets went down to before they were sold out?

before I get abuse, it probably has no bearing, I'm just interested.

I don't think they got past the first band of 1800 royalty points.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:06

Mr Angry
leicsRoyal does anyone know what points banding Stevenage tickets went down to before they were sold out?

before I get abuse, it probably has no bearing, I'm just interested.

I don't think they got past the first band of 1800 royalty points.

thanks

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 12:07

lol at buying tickets in the home end. Will there be any left? If there are will they just be the odd spare seat here and there. Fat lot of good if you are taking your kids one of whom is only 8.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:08

PEARCEY lol at buying tickets in the home end. Will there be any left? If there are will they just be the odd spare seat here and there. Fat lot of good if you are taking your kids one of whom is only 8.

how many would you need?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 08 Mar 2011 12:09

brendywendy the point was they looked at it and didnt think they could sell 6000 tickets.
does it in hidsight, and even many on heres foresight, look like a mistake? yes
will they make the same mistake next time? i doubt it.
will it stop me going to the game? no.

All fair enough!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 08 Mar 2011 12:10

leicsRoyal
PEARCEY lol at buying tickets in the home end. Will there be any left? If there are will they just be the odd spare seat here and there. Fat lot of good if you are taking your kids one of whom is only 8.

how many would you need?

Man City have two spare tiers left. One will be open today/tomorrow - 7,000 empty seats all next to each other.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 12:10

leicsRoyal

how many would you need?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Mar 2011 12:11

If you're all going to City clap your hands

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2011 12:12

That Friday Feeling
Schards#2 If anyone from the club reads this - if we get to the semi final, we will be able to sell 30,000 tickets even though our home attendances are way below this figure and we've only sold 170 for Ipswich away.

Just trust me on this.

LOL

I will seriously be emailing the club should we be lucky enough to get through.

They'll be doubly keen to win on Sunday now!

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:12

PEARCEY
leicsRoyal

how many would you need?

there are still plenty left in North stand 2nd tier. try block 233 you can still get tickets for upto groups of 8 sat together!

Niko

by Niko » 08 Mar 2011 12:14

Z175
leicsRoyal
Niko Has anyone emailed or contacted Man City about away fans buying home tickets (as i imagine a large number now will) being seggregated or concentrated into 1 area? I was thinking about doing it, worth a try afterall.

have to be a bit careful with that Niko, may not want to draw to much attention to it. Just get a ticket is my opinion, it will be a great day wherevr we sit!

Yeah I really wouldn't. I registered my mates flat in Scotland with MCFC - I have heard of ticket slaes to certain postcodes getting looked into.

If you started emailing Man city then you make them unable to turn a blind eye to the masses of new city fans in berkshire who just registered.

I see what you mean, I can't see them making such a knee-jerk reaction from a mere enquiry though, surely?

Also, a friend and I are buying tickets in block 217 of the South stand, which i believe is near the Away support (could anyone confirm this?). Plan is to either sit close as possible to the Reading fans or asking a steward if there was any way we could be moved.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 08 Mar 2011 12:17

Not sure where to put this so just thought I'd stick it in here, but I just reckon it was worth mentioning....

....the missus went to the ticket office to get our tickets yesterday morning - she asked for 4 tickets, but only 2 coach tickets as the other 2 are making other arrangements. However the person in the ticket office said: "they're free, so you may as well take all 4 coach tickets anyway". If they keep doing this, how can the club accurately gauge just how many people will actually turn up for the coaches? Chances are they'll see that they'll have given away 1000 (or whatever) coach tickets, but actually only 500 are going to use them, leaving them with a load of extra coaches with no-one on them.

Of course this probably won't happen and our situation was the exception, but I can really see the whole coach idea causing chaos. What price on people being left behind either in Reading or Manchester, or coaches having to wait for hours afterwards while they try and find a few drunk stragglers?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 12:17

Leics Royal...Can you just buy tickets in the home end over the phone? Dont you have to have membership cards?
Are you infiltrating the home end?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:17

Niko [
Also, a friend and I are buying tickets in block 217 of the South stand, which i believe is near the Away support (could anyone confirm this?). Plan is to either sit close as possible to the Reading fans or asking a steward if there was any way we could be moved.

yep you are very near the away allocation!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Mar 2011 12:18

In amongst all of this angst, can I just say how much I'm looking forward to going to what should be a fantastic occasion, and hopefully a great result for the jolly old biscuitmen.

That is all.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2011 12:19

Croydon Royal or coaches having to wait for hours afterwards while they try and find a few drunk stragglers?

It's prolly up to the passenger to get themselves on the coach isn't it?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:21

PEARCEY Leics Royal...Can you just buy tickets in the home end over the phone? Dont you have to have membership cards?
Are you infiltrating the home end?

you can register with City for memebership in 2 minutes on the internet, then fill yer boots. joined City on Sunday night and got a group of tickets recieved registered delivery this morning. My ticketing experience has been first class, just need to sit on my hands for 90 minutes.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2011 12:22

rhubarb, rhubarb

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 08 Mar 2011 12:25

great caption on the facebook page

"Full away end at Eastlands" :roll:

2304 posts