69%

Total votes: 67
T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Man City Tickets

by T.R.O.L.I. » 08 Mar 2011 12:26

Mr Angry
leicsRoyal does anyone know what points banding Stevenage tickets went down to before they were sold out?

before I get abuse, it probably has no bearing, I'm just interested.

I don't think they got past the first band of 1800 royalty points.

Incorrect, Mr A - they got to the 1,400+ band but sold out at around midday IIRC.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 12:26

leicsRoyal
Mr Angry
leicsRoyal does anyone know what points banding Stevenage tickets went down to before they were sold out?

before I get abuse, it probably has no bearing, I'm just interested.

I don't think they got past the first band of 1800 royalty points.

thanks

except they did, cos i got a ticket on 1400 points, on the 2nd/third day

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 12:28

leicsRoyal
PEARCEY Leics Royal...Can you just buy tickets in the home end over the phone? Dont you have to have membership cards?
Are you infiltrating the home end?

you can register with City for memebership in 2 minutes on the internet, then fill yer boots. joined City on Sunday night and got a group of tickets recieved registered delivery this morning. My ticketing experience has been first class, just need to sit on my hands for 90 minutes.

Thanks for that. How much does Citeh membership cost?

EPR

by EPR » 08 Mar 2011 12:30

Niko Plan is to either sit close as possible to the Reading fans or asking a steward if there was any way we could be moved.

Yeah that'll end well.

Niko: 'Scuse me mate we're Reading fans can we go and sit with them?
MCFC Steward: Get out.
Last edited by EPR on 08 Mar 2011 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

Niko

by Niko » 08 Mar 2011 12:30

leicsRoyal
Niko [
Also, a friend and I are buying tickets in block 217 of the South stand, which i believe is near the Away support (could anyone confirm this?). Plan is to either sit close as possible to the Reading fans or asking a steward if there was any way we could be moved.

yep you are very near the away allocation!

excellent, i suggest more people do likewise! (although i haven't technically bought my tickets yet, so if they wouldn't mind waiting until this evening... :wink:)

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:30

PEARCEY
leicsRoyal
PEARCEY Leics Royal...Can you just buy tickets in the home end over the phone? Dont you have to have membership cards?
Are you infiltrating the home end?

you can register with City for memebership in 2 minutes on the internet, then fill yer boots. joined City on Sunday night and got a group of tickets recieved registered delivery this morning. My ticketing experience has been first class, just need to sit on my hands for 90 minutes.

Thanks for that. How much does Citeh membership cost?

it's free! :D

go to their website, look at home tickets, select FA Cup and then have a look at the seat planner. You can then select the exact seats that you want.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:33

Niko
leicsRoyal
Niko [
Also, a friend and I are buying tickets in block 217 of the South stand, which i believe is near the Away support (could anyone confirm this?). Plan is to either sit close as possible to the Reading fans or asking a steward if there was any way we could be moved.

yep you are very near the away allocation!

excellent, i suggest more people do likewise! (although i haven't technically bought my tickets yet, so if they wouldn't mind waiting until this evening... :wink:)

you will be very luck to get seats anywhere near that. there are only a handful of single seats available anywhere other than North Stand tier 2, plenty left in there!

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 08 Mar 2011 12:34

Probably a silly suggestion, but if anyone would want their Home end tickets delivered to a Manc address (just in case), then let me know. Also, I may have a spare coach travel ticket if needed.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:35

EPR
Niko Plan is to either sit close as possible to the Reading fans or asking a steward if there was any way we could be moved.

Yeah that'll end well.

Niko: 'Scuse me mate we're Reading fans can we go and sit with them?
MCFC Steward: Get out.

yeah as previously said Niko, if you draw attention to it the usual rules will apply.

1. you will be moved to a vacant space with the away supporters
2. if no vacant space with away supporters is available they will find a much bigger vacant space! :wink:

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 08 Mar 2011 12:41

Irrespective of whether RFC should have asked for more tickets or not there's still the point that the banding of 1600 points down to 600 means that fans with 1599 points could miss out on tickets when people with 600 points could theoretically get one. How is that a fair reflection of the Royalty points system?

I've listened to Craig Mortimer's interview on BBRB this morning and I still don't understand what the club are saying about this.

When asked about the banding he replied that ... If we were able to secure more tickets we would had have to give ourselves enough time to sell them. Once you've made a decision on how many points you're going to allocate and how you're going to sell them you stick with that. When questioned whether all these decisions were made before the details were known of the game etc. he replied Not in terms of the points - no. Which seems to be a contradiction to me.

The Official site also says:

"City took the decision to quickly go on sale and made seats available in surrounding areas immediately after their own match with Aston Villa, closing the top tiers on the sides of the ground and unable to reopen them for Reading fans on safety advice, despite our supporters' desire for more seats."

So by Wednesday morning City were already selling seats adjacent to the away support. Did RFC not realise at this point that they would not be able to get a bigger allocation if required? Did they not ask? Did City not tell them?

With that in mind why did they not adjust the banding for the tickets that they only started selling on the following Monday?

Why did they need to wait until Monday to start selling the tickets? Surely they don't physically need to have the tickets before putting them on sale. I've just bought tickets for a sporting event that's not going to happen until July. I'm guessing those tickets aren't even printed yet.

Still, Craig thinks they've handled it in a fair manner so that's OK.

P.S. I can't go to the game anyway so you can forget about the bitterness comments.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:42

RFCUK Probably a silly suggestion, but if anyone would want their Home end tickets delivered to a Manc address (just in case), then let me know. Also, I may have a spare coach travel ticket if needed.

great offer RFCUK.

don't think it will be too much of an issue judging by this post on their forum

I would like to think that if the ticket office start receiving a lot of enquiries from people with addresses down south they might realise that there could be a lot of away fans in the home sections. As I said I would like to think............

ha do yur really think they would bat an eylelid, for the hamberg game there was more germans in the que than there was in poland at the start of the war

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 12:45

Can only see the £20 City Card as a way of becoming a Man City member. Can you let me know which site you managed to get free membership on LeicsRoyal.
Thanks

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 08 Mar 2011 12:49

Simply put, the club were too scared to purchase a higher allocation due our cloth cutting. We would have easily sold around 5000 tickets and it really is unfair on a lot of fans. Yes the the free coach travel is a nice gesture but on the other hand the season ticket policy is a total joke and a kick in the teeth to fans who have had to sit through some totally dire matches and have not had their money reinvested in the players a club of our statue deserves. It's funny how all the fans who have got a ticket to the match now agree with the club's policies whereas 2 weeks ago (before we beat Everton, we playing woefully in the league and shipping in loads of goals) there was an absolute outcry. Simply put, I support the manager and the players who are keeping this club at this level, but my opinion of the board and the way this club is run will not change, it's a joke and I think the only way to sort it is to boo Madejski when he next comes on the pitch, not the players though

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 08 Mar 2011 12:50

You can book over the phone and just collect from the stadium surely? it says the tickets went on 'open sale' Sunday. Have you tried giving them a call PEARCEY?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Mar 2011 12:51

I think I'm not alone when I say I'd rather the club bought the additional tickets from Man City on sale or return and didn't sign the cabbie from Eastleigh (who's yet to play a single minute of football).

Yet more short-sightedness from the club, I think heads should roll at STAR for this

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 12:52

Wimb You can book over the phone and just collect from the stadium surely? it says the tickets went on 'open sale' Sunday. Have you tried giving them a call PEARCEY?

No....I'm fine-tuning my northern accent as I speak. I will call them and let you know how I get on.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 12:52

PEARCEY Can only see the £20 City Card as a way of becoming a Man City member. Can you let me know which site you managed to get free membership on LeicsRoyal.
Thanks

just went straight to the ticket area, selected the tickets I wanted then pressed checkout. It came up with wanting membership details but on the left hand side of this there is a 'register with city' option. filled out the required info and then straight back to basket and purchased tickets. no membership fee taken from my account and no points added to my system ( you get 50 points when you register for a ciy card)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2011 12:53

Jeffers217 but on the other hand the season ticket policy is a total joke and a kick in the teeth to fans who have had to sit through some totally dire matches and have not had their money reinvested in the players a club of our statue deserves.

:lol: I take back the award I gave to someone earlier for most stupid comment of the day, you can now have it for this little gem........

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2011 12:56

Para Handy Irrespective of whether RFC should have asked for more tickets or not there's still the point that the banding of 1600 points down to 600 means that fans with 1599 points could miss out on tickets when people with 600 points could theoretically get one. How is that a fair reflection of the Royalty points system?

I've listened to Craig Mortimer's interview on BBRB this morning and I still don't understand what the club are saying about this.

When asked about the banding he replied that ... If we were able to secure more tickets we would had have to give ourselves enough time to sell them. Once you've made a decision on how many points you're going to allocate and how you're going to sell them you stick with that. .

So if this account is true/accurate, it would suggest he was somewhat less than fully honest on air to Dellor on Saturday evening when he was talking about going back to City to ask for more.

Also, perhaps not surprisingly, he is missing the points a) that they should have asked for more in the first place and b) that they should have got them on sale earlier thus enabling them to offer more narrower bands. Finally, although far from ideal, they could have split those days that they did leave themselves into two daily twelve hour bands.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Mar 2011 12:57

Calling them up Pearcey - it will be fine.

2304 posts