31%
No
69%

Total votes: 67
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Man City Tickets

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 14:39

Seal Does anyone know what our average away attendance actually is for a weekend game? (not weekday games because as previously mentioned the time required off work significantly affects attendance).

I've worked on a few ticketing models (more for season tickets but sure the same logic can be applied). So until someone can provide a more accurate number I'm going to work from a base of say 750 as a Saturday away attendance average for RFC in the Championship season.

Base 750

Factor / Impact % / Number of fans + or - / Comments
Sunday 5pm / -5% / -37.5 / Slightly more inconvenient than a Sat but not by much
ESPN / -10% / -75 / ESPN penetration is 10% of pop so min effect
Ticket Price / 20% / 150 / Cheaper than Championship game
Game status (q/f) / 300% / 2250 / 1st away quarter final for how long? 3x more likely to attend is conservative
Big 4 opp / 200% / 1500 / Hugely glamorous team, new large stadium, accessible city

Total 4537.5

Now that's back of the fag packet in 5 minutes. And even just doing that you can see there would be significant demand, and note that the examples they provided were poor by comparison.

Plus is does not even include the up-weight effect of free travel.

There were many of us on here who the moment we saw the allocation thought it would be far too small. And the fact it sold out in one day just accentuates the strength of our conviction. When you go through a quick exercise like this it is further evidence of how inept the club have been.

sign him up RFC sign him up

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 14:41

Bandini That's numberwang.

Even the club apologists like brendy won't have an answer to that.

But why was it left to Seal to point that out, instead of STAR?

i must apologise for the poor quality of club apologists here at RFC.

i can have no answer to that.
but then its based on at least a little sensible logic and thought. and not baseless hyperbole, and teeth gnashing.
Last edited by brendywendy on 08 Mar 2011 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Trevor Senior's Gap

by Trevor Senior's Gap » 08 Mar 2011 14:41

[quote="Wimb]I'll probably go up and sit in the city end, anyone got any idea where the best areas to sit without hassle will be?[/quote]
we went to the city vs notss county game (courtesy of some freebie tickets thru work up here)...sat in block 229 i think...all fairly quiet up there, the hardcose city fans making the noise down in the opposite corner near the away fans...from the current avail online on mcfc i would say that whilst blocks 217-219 show very limited availability and will be closer to the Reading fans, that will be more hardcore city fans around there.

if I hadn't got mine last night (no gloating) I would have gone for block 233 i think as would have felt fairly safe sat up there - any of that second tier (NORTH STAND) behind the opposite goal to our end should be ok.

if they were to open up tier 3 on either side I would go for tier 3 of the bell end (ok stand, but thats what it's known as up here - understandably!)

Have fun

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 14:43

rob the royal
brendywendy
rob the royal I think that's very nice of you... but there must be a lot of people on here who had 600+ points and didn't get to go. It's not been good.

So glad I got a ticket last night, but definitely sympathetic (to an extent) to those who didn't... I'd be annoyed too

i am annoyed , at myself, for not renewing my ST sooner, or maybe just going to more away games over the last couple of years.
i am sympathetic to everyone who tried and failed to get a ticket like me.
but no ones stopping you going anyway. you just wont be able to sit with the rest of them. but like at man united a few years back, no one in the home end is going to get the hump with you clapping or cheering reading throughout the game.

errr I am going - I got a ticket! 8)

excellent, congratulations, stop rubbing it in you heartless fiend.
i can only commend your ceaseless worrying and care for others not as fortunate as yourself. apart from me.obviously

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Mar 2011 14:43

So just 10 people at the ground at 7am, less than 40 in total from reports, hardly loads missing out, though I do feel sorry for them all. No way to suss ouyt internet demand. Perhaps Man C could let us have 500 in the thrid tier, hardly a danger to law and order.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Mar 2011 14:48

What about people who live too far from the ground and tried to ring up this morning - there's no way of knowing how many tried that.

I'm fed up with apologists. A mistake was made, who to blame appears less clearer - fact is fans missed out on a ticket, when they shouldn't have had to. end of really.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2011 14:50

Seal Not really sure why you are arguing here. Are you genuinely trying to say the club got it right?

I'm not saying the club have got it right at all, I just can't stand people using made up stats based on their own opinion to justify their argument. I could just as easily use different made up stats to justify a different opinion.

Snowball is an expert at this and you are nowhere near his level of proficiency.... :wink:

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 08 Mar 2011 14:51

i was one of the lucky ones that got a ticket. but feel sorry about the people who cant get a ticket's.
still no sorry from the club, they dont seem to care about us loyal royals.
what are STAR going to be doing about all of this.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Mar 2011 14:52

adamh4608 i was one of the lucky ones that got a ticket. but feel sorry about the people who cant get a ticket's.

Nothing I believe, because there's nothing they can do. That was the one response over on the STAR forum on here earlier in the week.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 08 Mar 2011 14:55

Royal Lady
adamh4608 i was one of the lucky ones that got a ticket. but feel sorry about the people who cant get a ticket's.

Nothing I believe, because there's nothing they can do. That was the one response over on the STAR forum on here earlier in the week.

they can do nothing about this, nothing about the ST. whats the point in them ?

Niko

by Niko » 08 Mar 2011 14:59

leicsRoyal you will be very luck to get seats anywhere near that. there are only a handful of single seats available anywhere other than North Stand tier 2, plenty left in there!

You're right, my bad, i had someone else looking to book tickets.

Good job my student union is selling them for £10.50 each :P (God know where i'll be sat, mind).

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 08 Mar 2011 15:02

i have just had this reply back from STAR about what they intend to do about the ticket balls up.
Sorry I don't think anyone can do anything about this now - though we will suggest they talk to us about allocation as they have done in the past but not on this occasion. If anyone can make a decision to help now it is Man City so maybe the only option now is to petition them to change their mind and let us have more tickets. Much as RFC can be seen to be to blame they can do nothing to change it now it seems.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Mar 2011 15:03

That's exactly what was on the STAR part of this board.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 08 Mar 2011 15:04

Purchase history, Pay Reference, Drop down Boxes, tickets on sale at midnight, free travel, Sunday evening KO, fifth round tie on a Tuesday, replay scheduled for a Saturday and now RFC admin joins the shambles. Please tell me it ain`t me who`s lost the plot.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Mar 2011 15:05

Well perhaps STAR could organise some sort of circulation for the travelling fans regarding the situation and to request email addresses to put forward to club as a means of demonstrating the strength of feeling.

I think STAR fail to do several things.

a)be aware that sometimes we aren't asking them to get the club to do things [i.e. didn't expect them to persuade the club to get more tickets]
i) That what we probably would appreciate more would be these symbolic gestures [as the suggestion I just put forward]
b)To show more presence amongst 'normal' fans
c) Report what they are doing i.e. on this site.

I admit that I am out of touch but do they regularly input into the programme? Surely it wouldn't be too much to lobby for some space in which to use as a platform to talk to fans. Do they have noticeboards around the Stadium - they could conceivably communicate via the fans through this medium. Is there a proactive approach to the forum? We could have had a thread as soon as the allocation was chosen for which to discuss with fans about what STAR intend to do in reaction to what happened, a way of listening to fans suggestions in which they could take up and finally use these threads to again communicate with said fans by reporting what they have done.

I may put myself forward to involvement with STAR.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Mar 2011 15:06

Quick glance at the forum and STAR have been curiously quiet over this 'fiasco'.

Interesting.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Mar 2011 15:09

Tails Quick glance at the forum and STAR have been curiously quiet over this 'fiasco'.

Interesting.

*sigh* I did make this very point the other day.

I also got ticked off for daring to get off my @rse and write a letter of complaint about ST renewals. :roll:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 08 Mar 2011 15:12

Meh, I've given the Manchester City twitter a tweet asking if there's any comment on it all. Sitting in the home end won't be so bad really, only going with the old man who's a West Stander, so a quiet home end will make him feel more at home ;)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 15:16

Royal Lady What about people who live too far from the ground and tried to ring up this morning - there's no way of knowing how many tried that.

I'm fed up with apologists. A mistake was made, who to blame appears less clearer - fact is fans missed out on a ticket, when they shouldn't have had to. end of really.

& im fed up with moaners
how on earth are we going to settle this?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 15:19

Royal Lady
Tails Quick glance at the forum and STAR have been curiously quiet over this 'fiasco'.

Interesting.

*sigh* I did make this very point the other day.

I also got ticked off for daring to get off my @rse and write a letter of complaint about ST renewals. :roll:

you actually wrote to the club and said "i have a real problem with getting the season ticket at the same price as this year"?!

2304 posts