31%
No
69%

Total votes: 67
PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man City Tickets

by PEARCEY » 04 Mar 2011 13:51

When I rang the Ticket Office yesterday they advised ticket allocation,going on sale, prices etc would not be known until early next week which surprised me. I though they would be on sale as of today.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 04 Mar 2011 13:56

Seal Likewise; already £70 odd for the (return) train from London and that price is only going to go one way

Cheap singles have all gone, now the standard cheap day retrun is cheapest and that does not change. However, with a family and friends card I get 1/3 off so only £61 from SW London (via w'loo) for me and one sprog. Of course I can add other 'friends'

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Mar 2011 13:58

The club confirmed that ticket details will be up today via the facebook account.

If we only take up 3,000 tickets I will be mightily peeved!!

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 04 Mar 2011 14:00

£46 with YP card.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 04 Mar 2011 14:00

URZZZZZZZZ The club confirmed that ticket details will be up today via the facebook account.

This won't be anywhere near a sell out, judging by our fans patronage of away games this season!

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 04 Mar 2011 14:00

PEARCEY When I rang the Ticket Office yesterday they advised ticket allocation,going on sale, prices etc would not be known until early next week which surprised me. I though they would be on sale as of today.

Wow, talk about cutting it fine!

The membership points for tickets must be going down by the hour

City's are on general sale on Sunday 6th, a day before ours go on sale to members.

going to be a bit of a mad rush. :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2011 14:04

PEARCEY When I rang the Ticket Office yesterday they advised ticket allocation,going on sale, prices etc would not be known until early next week which surprised me. I though they would be on sale as of today.

Pardon the apparent contradiction but, if true, this absolutely beggars belief!! :twisted:

And people claim this is a well run business???

Talk about treating your own supporters like shyte!

Any chance STAR might be able to prompt some action or at least a full and sensible explanation as to why it is taking so damn long to sort out.

I presume those in authority at the club don't tend to travel by train and therefore don't realise that the earlier you are able to book, the cheaper your ticket is likely to be.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 04 Mar 2011 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Mar 2011 14:07

Kitson12
URZZZZZZZZ The club confirmed that ticket details will be up today via the facebook account.

This won't be anywhere near a sell out, judging by our fans patronage of away games this season!

True, but a lot of fans that I know who solely go to home games have expressed their intention to go to this game. Obviously geographically they are completely different games, but remember we took 8,000 to Arsenal on a Tuesday night in 2005.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 04 Mar 2011 14:10

URZZZZZZZZ
Kitson12

True, but a lot of fans that I know who solely go to home games have expressed their intention to go to this game. Obviously geographically they are completely different games, but remember we took 8,000 to Arsenal on a Tuesday night in 2005.

Also true. But that's Arsenal, less than an hour away from Reading, so quite easy to get to, plus Highbury was in it's last season, so many I reckon went to see Arsenal rather than Reading. But I'm happy if we don't sell out our allocation.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 04 Mar 2011 14:57

"@ReadingFC Sorry for the wait, final details being irnoed-out now for the Man City game, we will have ticket info out as soon as we can!"

ShambLOLes

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 04 Mar 2011 14:59

And on the back of the Season Ticket shambles too.

What are STAR doing about this?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 04 Mar 2011 14:59

What is to be ironed out? It takes 2 minutes for someone to decide what categories go on sale for what day surely. :lol:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 04 Mar 2011 15:02

If only Boyd Butler was still around, this would never have happened in his day.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2011 15:05

Hey, it's not all bad, this means I'll have the money in my account for a day longer, earning 1p in interest (after rounding) so that's me 1 - the money grubbing Reading Football Club 0, in your face

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 04 Mar 2011 15:09

Bandini And on the back of the Season Ticket shambles too.

What are STAR doing about this?

Selling bus tickets on Saturday and Sunday.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2011 15:13

southbank1871 If only Boyd Butler was still around, this would never have happened in his day.

Do you know what, love or hate the man, if he and the guy who ran the Mad Stad ticket office in the earlier years had still been there, I'm not sure it would have!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 04 Mar 2011 15:54

Ticket Office closes at 5.30, they won't announce it until it's closed, so it isn't inundated with callers!

Readingfc50

by Readingfc50 » 04 Mar 2011 16:49

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 32,00.html

Reading Football Club are paying for free coach travel for all of our supporters to the FA Cup quarter final at Manchester City.

With a ticket allocation of 2,800 for our game away at Eastlands on Sunday 13th March, kick off 4:45pm, the club were keen to help as many of our supporters make it to the game as possible, rewarding you for your continued loyalty and giving the team the very best chance of winning the match.

Every supporter out of the 2,800 will have the opportunity to travel to the game for free, and with adult match ticket prices starting at only £15, this represents fantastic value to see the Royals take on Roberto Mancini's men in this FA Cup quarter final.

In a personal message to our fans, Chairman Sir John Madejski said, "Here at the club we would like to offer our loyal fans free coach travel, as a just reward for your continued loyalty.

"Everyone is absolutely delighted with how the team have done and we want to continue our FA Cup journey against Manchester City. With so many supporters backing us at the game, I know it will be a fantastic occasion.

"Our support at Everton in midweek was fantastic, and with a full away contingent at Eastlands, we will be giving our team the very best chance of making more history.

"We are all in it together, and we continue to strive for success both in the FA Cup and the Championship. We have a number of very important games between now and the end of the season and with our supporters, players and staff acting as one I know anything is possible.

"We fully understand that times are hard at the moment and we believe this is a fitting gesture to our loyal supporters. We value our fans immensely, and we want this quarter final to be another great occasion in our history."

Ticketing details
Seats for Reading fans are located in the south stand, split into two tiers:

Tier One, 1,800 seats
Adults £15
Over 65s £10
16-21s £10
Under 16s £5

Tier Two, 1,000 seats
Adults £25
Over 65s £20
16-21s £20
Under 16s £10

Supporters have the option to pick whether they sit in Tier One or Tier Two, and selling criteria are as follows:

From 9am on Monday 7th March, supporters with 1600 or more Royalty Points can buy in our online ticketing service, in person at the Madejski Stadium Ticket Office or by telephoning 0844 249 1871. We have set the points criteria at a level that guarantees all supporters with 1600 or more Royalty Points the opportunity to purchase on this day.

From 12:01am on Tuesday 8th March, supporters with 600 or more Royalty Points can buy in our online ticketing service.

From 9am on Tuesday 8th March, supporters with 600 or more Royalty Points can also buy in person at the Madejski Stadium Ticket Office, by telephoning 0844 249 1871, as well as in our online ticketing service.

From 12:01am on Wednesday 9th March, tickets go on general sale in our online ticketing service. In order to purchase online you must have made a previous purchase from Reading FC.

From 9am on Tuesday 8th March, tickets are on general sale in person at the Madejski Stadium Ticket Office, by telephoning 0844 249 1871, as well as in our online ticketing service.

After 2pm on Thursday 10th March, tickets are no longer available online, but remain on general sale in person at the Madejski Stadium Ticket Office or by telephoning 0844 249 1871, and all tickets purchased after this point must be picked up in person from the Madejski Stadium Ticket Office.

Booking coach travel
If you wish to take up the offer of free coach travel, you can do so instantly if you buy your match tickets in person or by telephone. If buy your match tickets online, please then phone the ticket office if wish to take up the offer; unfortunately we cannot facilitate free coach tickets online. Everyone taking up the free coach offer will be issued with a travel voucher that must be produced when getting onto the coach. All coaches will leave from Madejski Stadium at a time to be confirmed, and our car parks will of course be free of charge.

Kit details
Supporters may like to know that we will be wearing black shirts, red shorts and red socks, as we did at Everton.

Disabled tickets
We have nine pairs of wheelchair disabled and carer tickets, priced £15, helper free of charge. We also have five pairs of ambulant disabled & carer tickets, priced £15, helper free of charge. Please book these through Katy Phillips on 0118 968 1006 / kphillips@readingfc.co.uk. Accessible travel can be booked by contacting Readibus on 0118 931 0000.

Notes
Tickets in each tier are of course subject to availability and once each tier has sold out then no more tickets in that area will be available.

Please note it is not possible to move/upgrade tickets that have already been purchased. If you are buying for more than one person, please ensure you purchase together, when the person in the group with the least amount of points is able to buy.

Please also note while it is possible to pick your tier of choice, seats are then sold within that tier on a first come first served, basis, it is not possible to pick a seat or row.
Last edited by Readingfc50 on 04 Mar 2011 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Mar 2011 16:50

Well details have been announced, and its a bit puzzling really.

They've announced free coahc travel, but that we've only got 2,800 tickets :roll:

Surely, by offering the free travel there will be plenty of people wanting to go and will mean we'll need more tickets?!

In addition, the points brackets go from 1,600 on Monday to 600 on Tuesday. Why not begin the sales tomorrow, and add an extra points bracket instead of having such a big leap?

Farce

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 04 Mar 2011 16:52

But we've only requested 2,800 tickets. What an epic epic fail that is.

2304 posts