31%
No
69%

Total votes: 67
Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Man City Tickets

by Jerry St Clair » 12 Mar 2011 13:46

Sarah Star Direct at them instead of our club who seem to be showing that they have learnt from mistakes.

This is the bit I'm not convinced about.

In 2005, the club didn't take the full allocation available from Arsenal for the League Cup tie at Highbury, and then set the Royalty points threshold far too low. When the initial allocation sold out, with many STs and away regulars missing out, they had to go back to Arsenal begging for the rest of the allocation. Sound familiar? They were crucified in the press and on here and said they'd learned valuable lessons.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Mar 2011 13:49

So how does the club gauge the demand going forward?

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 12 Mar 2011 14:23

royalexile So how does the club gauge the demand going forward?

They'll take full allocation at Wembley, i'm sure. It's a very big game and they can be certain everyone would love to see RFC at Wembley if they have been to a few games so 30,000 odd tickets shouldnt be a problem. It's very difficult to judge away fixtures i'm sure as we have around 11,000 STH so it's a lot more difficult. People are being too critical here, i'm one of those who believes around 3,000 would've been just about right for City away if it hadn't have been for the free travel

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Mar 2011 15:21

Jerry St Clair
Sarah Star Direct at them instead of our club who seem to be showing that they have learnt from mistakes.

In 2005, the club didn't take the full allocation available from Arsenal for the League Cup tie at Highbury, and then set the Royalty points threshold far too low. When the initial allocation sold out, with many STs and away regulars missing out, they had to go back to Arsenal begging for the rest of the allocation. Sound familiar? They were crucified in the press and on here and said they'd learned valuable lessons.

I also recall a few on here saying that a evening trip in a nothing cup to North London would not be a sell out of the original allocation, even at £10.

Sometimes it is just difficult to gauge demand.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2011 18:48

LoyalRoyal22
royalexile

Slowly taking shape. Just the FAC to add now.

This is ugly, how embarassing. Chairman already apologized, move on.

But they took nearly as long to apologise as they did to put the tickets on sale in the first place!!

Even then the idiots are still claiming that they wouldn't have sold out but for the offer of free travel - a pretty clear indication that once again they are unlikely to learn from their mistakes.

Thinking how things might have gone.

Employee 1: "We have looked at attendances for previous away games and, given that the game doesn't kick off until 4.45pm on a Sunday and is on the TV, we think 2800 tickets will be more than enough."

Brains 1: 'But the tickets are very cheap, it's the first away FA Cup QF in modern times that we have appeared in, Man City are a big glamourous club, it's a new stadium to many and the game is only on ESPN not Sky or ITV - so are you sure that is all we really need?'

Employee 2: 'Yes and that's what we have asked Man City for'

Employee 3 (entering meeting late): ' Great news. The Chairman has decided to reward our fans' loyalty by providing free coach transport to the game'

Brains 1: 'But won't that significantly increase the demand for tickets?'

Brains 2: 'That's a really good point, get onto Man City and find out whether we can get some more tickets if we need to. If we can't,then we should suggest to the Chairman that we hold off the free travel this time around. The last thing he would want is his generous gesture backfiring if we end up with loads of unhappy fans because they haven't been able to get tickets to the game.'

What a shame that Brains 1 & 2 weren't at the meeting!

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 12 Mar 2011 19:35

RoyalBlue
LoyalRoyal22
royalexile

Slowly taking shape. Just the FAC to add now.

This is ugly, how embarassing. Chairman already apologized, move on.

But they took nearly as long to apologise as they did to put the tickets on sale in the first place!!

Even then the idiots are still claiming that they wouldn't have sold out but for the offer of free travel - a pretty clear indication that once again they are unlikely to learn from their mistakes.

Thinking how things might have gone.

Employee 1: "We have looked at attendances for previous away games and, given that the game doesn't kick off until 4.45pm on a Sunday and is on the TV, we think 2800 tickets will be more than enough."

Brains 1: 'But the tickets are very cheap, it's the first away FA Cup QF in modern times that we have appeared in, Man City are a big glamourous club, it's a new stadium to many and the game is only on ESPN not Sky or ITV - so are you sure that is all we really need?'

Employee 2: 'Yes and that's what we have asked Man City for'

Employee 3 (entering meeting late): ' Great news. The Chairman has decided to reward our fans' loyalty by providing free coach transport to the game'

Brains 1: 'But won't that significantly increase the demand for tickets?'

Brains 2: 'That's a really good point, get onto Man City and find out whether we can get some more tickets if we need to. If we can't,then we should suggest to the Chairman that we hold off the free travel this time around. The last thing he would want is his generous gesture backfiring if we end up with loads of unhappy fans because they haven't been able to get tickets to the game.'

What a shame that Brains 1 & 2 weren't at the meeting!

So you'd rather let everyone know that there is free travel, yet then tell them they have decided to forget that idea? :roll:

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 12 Mar 2011 19:39

Royalblue, I was really there with your characters. Have you written for stage?

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 12 Mar 2011 23:38

bigmike Dear oh dear Tamworth Royal what you been smoking????

Do you actually think that Madejski and Howe get involved in Ticket sales??? Do you think they have nothing better to do than sit there and say right this weekends game is away at Burnley.. Its quite far I think i will phone up the chairman of Burnley and ask him for a Thousand tickets????
That sounds like the stuff that a chairman and a business man like Madejski would do :roll: :roll: :roll:

However if you want to make youself seem even more of a kneejerk moaner fire away ...

The chairman must be getting really tired being that not only has he had to order the tickets from the chairman of Man City but he has had to process the online ticket orders and answer the phone and process those orders. Then he has had to stuff the tickets in to the envelopes.. I believe that as we speak he is currently on his bike cycling around the country delivering the tickets. :lol:

Oh dear someone help this kid, Business Studies is not a good thing for him to study

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 12 Mar 2011 23:45

Royal Lady Tbf if it's a case of "we order x amount of tickets and might have to take a financial hit if we don't sell them", then surely someone in authority had to give the nod? I can't see some ticket office bod being allowed to say - "we'll take the full 15%" or whatever, without it having been discussed first. And, allegedly, the free travel idea was JM's wasn't it? So he must have got involved at some point.

Yes, but RL that's an intelligent view and the right one, don’t expect any plaudits from the kiddies on here :wink:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 Mar 2011 00:23

Jerry St Clair

That's not entirely true. They did stuff up the points threshold, but they also did take the full allocation.

The extra tickets were actually a section of 1000 tickets in the Arsenal section of the stadium. Those of us who went in the section had to enter through the home turnstiles, and were segregated from the other Reading fans.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 Mar 2011 00:27

Tamworth_Royal
Royal Lady Tbf if it's a case of "we order x amount of tickets and might have to take a financial hit if we don't sell them", then surely someone in authority had to give the nod? I can't see some ticket office bod being allowed to say - "we'll take the full 15%" or whatever, without it having been discussed first. And, allegedly, the free travel idea was JM's wasn't it? So he must have got involved at some point.

Yes, but RL that's an intelligent view and the right one, don’t expect any plaudits from the kiddies on here :wink:

Or maybe not taking the full allocation is club policy on these matters, and they don't go and ask JM every single time the issue is raised.

But of course, we can always rely on you to think through the question with the level-headed considered approach you generally take on such matters.

I think if you stepped in dog-shit walking to the stadium, you'd find a way to blame Madejski for that too.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 13 Mar 2011 00:49

bigmike
Royal Lady I'm not blaming Madejski, for the record, just saying I find it inconceivable that he or another director had no input.

Nope not you thid time its that tamworth bloke.

without knowing the staffing set up at the club I cant say 100% but I would suspect that ticketing allocation arrangements would come under the remit of a Sales manager. I doubt that a director would get involved. Directors tend to take credit for things that go well but keep their heads down when it doesnt.

Manchester City would of contacted RFC to ask under [b]FA rules[/b] we have to offer you (due to our capacity) 7000 tickets .

Reading football club then have to make a decision what allocation they wanted, knowing they would have to pay or guarantee Man City pre match the total of tickets we have requested.

We went for a pathetic 2800 because if unsold (7000 max amount) Madejski would of have to of paid a pitiful £63,000. 4200 x £15 = £63,000

Yes folks sixty three thousand pounds the club was freighted of losing sounds pathetic which ever way you spell it out
Although he already knows the club earned over £500,000 in this competition after this game !!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Madejski, Millions on the balance sheet in player sales again this year and yet you shit on the fans once again.

( For tax dodging reasons John Madejski may be out of the country at the moment and unable to respond to this comment ala the Everton Game)

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Mar 2011 08:59

Suffice to say that too many know feck all about how things work, love the way the vocal detractors have to really dig in to JM, for the Everton game he was on holiday. He is back now and will be at Man C.

And of course if the detractors are so sure we would have sold a full allocation then why do they then add doubt by pointing out how little it would be if we failed to sell them?.

Worth adding that Man City now have 1 seat left online, and Blue Moon are hoping that the last 3rd tier will be for sale to walk ups.

FWIW RFC are in a situation where they have to pay their own way, and despite having wondered a lot about money in the past and raised points regarding it, it could well now be that thanks the the Gylfi money this season and next should come in on budget, we should all hope so.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Mar 2011 09:32

Kids tickets arrived yesterday. 8)

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 Mar 2011 11:19

Tamworth_Royal Well done Madejski, Millions on the balance sheet in player sales again this year and yet you shit on the fans once again.

( For tax dodging reasons John Madejski may be out of the country at the moment and unable to respond to this comment ala the Everton Game)

The secret Diary of Tamworth Royal, IQ of 13 and three quarters.

Got up early. Burned my breakfast. Had to reply to posts on 17 posts hobnob about things that were probably Madejski's fault. Cheese on toast black when I finished. Probably get cancer from this now. Does Madejski care? No. Just another example of how badly he treats fans.

Slightly late for work. The slight detour I took so I could spit on the gatepost of JM's house meant I didn't arrive until the afternoon. If he thought about fans rather than himself for once then he'd live a bit nearer my house so it wouldn't take so long.

I was then sacked from my job. I'd been warned about my lateness enough times, I admit, but apparently crapping into a jiffy bag and posting it to "wiggy bastard, ego dome, Reading" counts as improper conduct, as well as an abuse of the franking machine. I tried to explain how I was driven to this, but they didn't care. This is all JM's fault. He's cost me my job, and let's be frank, should damn well apologise.

When out with the guys after work to drown my sorrows, but just forty five minutes into telling them about the latest Madejski-caused fiasco, they tell me to oxf*rd off and stop going on about Madejski all the time. I tell them to oxf*rd off instead as I've no intention of hanging around with Madejski apologists.

I went home and quickly spent another three hours on hobnob letting people know how everything is Madejski's fault, then found a note from the wife. Apparently she's left me. She says she couldn't take me constantly complaining about Madejski all the time. It wasn't the kind of moaning she enjoyed hearing in bed, and was sick of it in he day too. But most of all she felt I was somehow "out of line" when I angrily stated that "that oxf*rd Madejski should go now, and take the oxf*rd Howe with him" in front of family and friends the the other day. She felt he mother would have been particularly upset by it. I find that pretty hard to believe as we were burying her at the time.

So thank you John Madejski. You've shat on my life yet again, and some people still have the temerity to say I take it too far.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Mar 2011 11:26

Someone whos gone get a picture of the banner up in full viewing.. that or Rex being denied entry with it :lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2011 11:32

Will try Leww, on a mates dongle so journey should fly, what tier are you in Rex? if you read this of course..

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Mar 2011 11:35

Cheers lwj

royalexile Upper tier. Row N. Away end.

off the 'where are you sitting sunday' thread!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2011 19:26

Didn't see him was in the lower tier. Might not of been allowed through. My Flag was checked for any writing

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 13 Mar 2011 23:47

Saw no flag!

2304 posts