Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Oct 2020 18:43

How are we 4 games into the season and you still can't buy a shirt? And don't blame it on covid - other clubs manage it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Oct 2020 21:23

Blame it on bad planning, suppliers letting you down, or some other unspecified logistics problem then I guess.

Happens to the best of us tbf.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Oct 2020 10:42

Jagermesiter1871 How are we 4 games into the season and you still can't buy a shirt? And don't blame it on covid - other clubs manage it.

Well, actually you can. My son is at an academy and no kit is forthcoming and they are playing and training in last seasons attire. I know of grassroots teams who are in similar positions.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Oct 2020 13:06

paultheroyal
Jagermesiter1871 How are we 4 games into the season and you still can't buy a shirt? And don't blame it on covid - other clubs manage it.

Well, actually you can. My son is at an academy and no kit is forthcoming and they are playing and training in last seasons attire. I know of grassroots teams who are in similar positions.

Ordered a shirt a couple of weeks ago and it arrived 3 days later. Only trouble I had was getting the dreadful website that the club uses to accept a payment card!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Oct 2020 17:49

paultheroyal

Fair points but are other Championship and Prem clubs also struggling with getting kit supplies? We're not a grassroots club, for which its entirely understandable.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Oct 2020 17:51

Sutekh
paultheroyal

Ordered a shirt a couple of weeks ago and it arrived 3 days later. Only trouble I had was getting the dreadful website that the club uses to accept a payment card!

Seems you were 1 of the lucky 10 people who got a kit this calendar year. O well, guess there's always next years kit or wait until the club are trying to shift this years stock for £10 that came in 1 month before the end of the season like usual.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2020 20:08

Or, you know, you could just wait a week or two.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Oct 2020 20:36

Snowflake Royal Or, you know, you could just wait a week or two.

Doubt it.

JR

by JR » 05 Oct 2020 21:19

Sutekh
paultheroyal

How did you manage in the end Sutekh? I gave up yesterday after the third failed payment attempt....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Oct 2020 12:38

JR
Sutekh
paultheroyal

How did you manage in the end Sutekh? I gave up yesterday after the third failed payment attempt....

I cheated entirely and got my wife to create herself an account (and that was an ordeal as well) and then use her card which worked first time, therefore suspect that issues with payment might be something to do with the way the account has been set up (so perhaps check your account settings and see if there’s anything odd or info missing that the stupid system isn’t telling you about).

I also tried ringing the club for help but all you get is an answerphone and promise to call you back which doesn’t happen despite several messages being left (in my case anyway). I also tried emailing but again, no response so guess the staff that normally deal with the supporter side of things (eg. club shop/ticket office etc.) are still all on furlough and there’s one chap/chapette left dealing with all sorts of everything on top of what they normally do (VP? :lol: ).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Oct 2020 14:11

Sutekh
JR
Sutekh

I cheated entirely and got my wife to create herself an account (and that was an ordeal as well) and then use her card which worked first time, therefore suspect that issues with payment might be something to do with the way the account has been set up (so perhaps check your account settings and see if there’s anything odd or info missing that the stupid system isn’t telling you about).

I also tried ringing the club for help but all you get is an answerphone and promise to call you back which doesn’t happen despite several messages being left (in my case anyway). I also tried emailing but again, no response so guess the staff that normally deal with the supporter side of things (eg. club shop/ticket office etc.) are still all on furlough and there’s one chap/chapette left dealing with all sorts of everything on top of what they normally do (VP? :lol: ).

Didn't have any money in your account so tricked your wife into paying for it - shameful behaviour.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 06 Oct 2020 19:38

How can it be beyond the abilities of the club to set up the option to personalise a kit online? Sons 6th birthday coming up and no option to personalise on the website, even if the kits were available. He’ll have to swap to QPR he might not notice and they seem to manage it :lol: :twisted:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Oct 2020 09:12

RIP ELM Park How can it be beyond the abilities of the club to set up the option to personalise a kit online? Sons 6th birthday coming up and no option to personalise on the website, even if the kits were available. He’ll have to swap to QPR he might not notice and they seem to manage it :lol: :twisted:

I don’t think the club can do it right now with the club shop being closed for the foreseeable. As mentioned above, the staff are probably still on furlough.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 09 Oct 2020 21:45

dizzynewheights Update: The socks aren't in stock yet so they've not sent any of my order :idea:

Socks have now arrived without having to chase them up. Comms from the club are shite but they get there in the end

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Oct 2020 20:38

My 1 question about the home shirt is: why don’t the hoops continue on the sides of the shirt near the bottom?

It’s lovely on the front, and understand having the white panel for the name/number...but it just looks a bit bizarre lower down!

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 19 Oct 2020 11:12

My son got both kits for his birthday 2 weeks ago. The away one from his Aunties and the home one from my olds. No names on the back though.
Not sure how they ordered them but if my Luddite parents can manage to get hold of one......

Both are nice. Especially the red one.

JR

by JR » 19 Oct 2020 11:56

Ordered home kit plus half price hoody on Thursday.

Arrived very efficiently today - good service from the club and a great retro feel to the kit.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2020 16:59

I looked the other day and it appeared you still can't get any printing on the shirts? shit show. I guess the only chance I have of getting my boy McIntyre on the back is buying his matchday shirt.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Nov 2020 17:03

Jagermesiter1871 I looked the other day and it appeared you still can't get any printing on the shirts? shit show. I guess the only chance I have of getting my boy McIntyre on the back is buying his matchday shirt.

Yeah it is a total shit show that due to COVID the club shop has been closed and therefore services are limited. Something totally in the club's control :roll:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2020 17:07

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871 I looked the other day and it appeared you still can't get any printing on the shirts? shit show. I guess the only chance I have of getting my boy McIntyre on the back is buying his matchday shirt.

Yeah it is a total shit show that due to COVID the club shop has been closed and therefore services are limited. Something totally in the club's control :roll:

Since July? Just checked several rival clubs and they all still appear to be offering shirt printing. But I guess RFC have been harder hit by covid? :roll:

5989 posts