ReadingFCDirect

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ReadingFCDirect

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2011 09:33

RoyalBlue
Wycombe Royal
Terminal Boardom You mean to say that there was no legacy or regression testing prior to deployment? What about lessons learned from previous rollouts? Talk about doing things on the cheap.

In the current economic climate a lot of companies are doing upgrades like this on the cheap, not just football clubs.

And those companies are likely to save a little in tangible terms in the short term and lose more, tangible and intangible, in the longer term.

Quite possibly, but I never commented on whether it was good practice or not.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 20 Jul 2011 12:47

North Somerset Royal
The Real Sandhurst Royal I have found the new Reading FC Direct web site to be very slow, anyone else experiencing similar download issues?

I hope this is not the case we we all go to book our tickets on-line for cup games later this season.

Yes it is very slow. Also just tried to buy my ticket for Charlton away & would not let me select the option to have ticket posted. "Collect" was already selected and I could not change it. After several attempts I gave up & phoned the TO.

The Charlton CC ticket has now appeared on my purchase history but no royalty points have been awarded for the purchase. Has anyone else been given points for this game? Could be another bug or maybe they are not giving points for this match as the tickets are so cheap.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 24 Jul 2011 20:53

My details were transferred without a problem, but, as others have said, it's a bit odd that we have to give home and work phone numbers - I used a defunct landline number for both (hope the telecom powers that be haven't given that number to anyone else now that I don't use it, as it's the number I give in many similar situations).

The seating plan seemed a bit small for tired eyes - but I didn't explore whether there was a zoom function (probably a giant magnifying glass that I overlooked).

But apart from that, I had no trouble booking for Barnsley (good grief, why Barnsley????? Well, I'm free that day...).

And, on the plus side, I now get to have Ms as my title (the old version insisted on Miss or Mrs).

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Jul 2011 07:49

Svlad Cjelli Corrected for you ====>>>
roadrunner Well done RFC, how very unlike you to try and do software implementations at the last minute and to "tune" them on the fly, rather than go through a proper project implementation cycle.

I have no doubts they'll get it right, just not on day one.

That's still an RFC cock up though.

You can say it in as many ways as you like but it boils down to the same thing.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Jul 2011 09:01

Still haven't added my family and friends. ReadingFCShambles

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Jul 2011 17:41

In the unlikely event the TO watch this thread for supporter feedback, here's my view of the new site:

- Slow, around 6 seconds to load every page and that's presumably with very little traffic
- registration data all transfered ok and I managed to login with my postcode, albeit copying the same phone number in each field.
- purchase history has gone except for points total and the last 5 years STs. There are even transaction details for each ST, so they have attempted some data migration but only for recent STs.
- I don't like the fact that you can't browse seat availability without logging in
- The old system was better for giving you an indication of the available seats in each block rather than having to go into each one to look.
- Seat selection text is unreadable unless you zoom to the max.

Overall it's certainly useable but everything seems to take longer and be more complicated than before. Lets hope the session management works when it gets busy.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jul 2011 19:21

PieEater In the unlikely event the TO watch this thread for supporter feedback, here's my view of the new site:

- Slow, around 6 seconds to load every page and that's presumably with very little traffic
- registration data all transfered ok and I managed to login with my postcode, albeit copying the same phone number in each field.
- purchase history has gone except for points total and the last 5 years STs. There are even transaction details for each ST, so they have attempted some data migration but only for recent STs.
- I don't like the fact that you can't browse seat availability without logging in
- The old system was better for giving you an indication of the available seats in each block rather than having to go into each one to look.
- Seat selection text is unreadable unless you zoom to the max.

Overall it's certainly useable but everything seems to take longer and be more complicated than before. Lets hope the session management works when it gets busy.

Not finding the colour coding particularly colour blind friendly either. Didn't think the key for unavailable really matched easily what I was seeing on the seating plan. Bold contrasting colours are key for that.

Personally I thought the old system was pretty good. yeah little circles didn't look very impressive but it was really clear what you could and couldn't pick and was manageable without the need to zoom in and out. If it's missing the block availability from the stadium view that's a step back.

I'm also a bit peeved the family and friends didn't migrate, it's a minor inconvenience, but an irritant all the same as I'll have to contact people and get them to look out their member numbers for me again.

Also didn't get points for the two games I've booked.

Positive feedback, the site as a whole looks more professional and slick at least. No problems with actually selecting and buying tickets once my spacky eyes had figured out the key.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 30 Jul 2011 19:32

three millwall tickets bought and the following errors that will now require a follow up phone call:

no royalty points added
south stand y26

they have had long enough to fix this haven't they?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 Jul 2011 23:56

What part of the south stand is y26?

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 01 Aug 2011 20:28

I was trying to buy tickets tonight, and I see why you complain. SHAMBLES.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 01 Aug 2011 21:29

Trying to buy Leicester tickets, and can't...

Mega Shambles...

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 01 Aug 2011 21:45

Badger Finger Trying to buy Leicester tickets, and can't...

Mega Shambles...

Yup, ticket system is messed. Can't purchase Leicester or Pompey

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 02 Aug 2011 10:59

The site took my ticket transaction twice (£112). Had to email a snip of the bank statement. Shocking!

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 02 Aug 2011 12:49

I can't even log in. I entre my details, click log in and... nothing happens.

Back to calling them on the phones then.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 02 Aug 2011 13:49

Stuka I can't even log in. I entre my details, click log in and... nothing happens.

Back to calling them on the phones then.

Just bought the Pompey tickets and seems to be working now, at least for me that is.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Aug 2011 13:52

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I had very few complaints (for me!) about the old set up.

Trouble is they appear to have broken it now and need to fix it PDQ.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Aug 2011 17:56

Just bought a ticket OK, the site was slow as usual but strangely the payment went through PDQ.

I even got Royalty points added.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 03 Aug 2011 01:53

Already putting my money on us having to wait until a big cup tie before RFC do anything about this.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 03 Aug 2011 02:45

Was somewhat frustrated that I couldn't log in, until it occurred to me that the new site might have reset passwords and used my customer number and postcode instead. Was also an irritation that I've had to contact friends for their details, which delayed buying tickets. I also found that the stadium view widget thing froze up a few times, so I had to reload the page and start from scratch.

However, once I was actually able to click on the seats I needed, it worked fine. Purchase went through and royalty points already added. I've reset my password and got my friends' details again, so that's only a one-off problem. (Although I will still have to re-add those friends for whome I buy only occasionally at a future date.) It is a bit slower, and the seat picker widget crashes, but all of the other glitches appear to have already been addressed.

I assume this means that RFC are now running sales in house again, rather than through Talent Arena, which surely can only be a good thing in the long run, whatever the teething problems.

Compo's Hat Already putting my money on us having to wait until a big cup tie before RFC do anything about this.

What odds did you get?

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 03 Aug 2011 09:21

The system is now directly linked with the TO as I was passing so went in to buy Leicester tickets and got an email from ReadingFCDirect confirming the purchase, which I find useful.