ReadingFCDirect

66DD

ReadingFCDirect

by 66DD » 16 Jul 2011 06:10

I may be mistaken but I think that there may be a flaw or two in this:

Work telephone number as a mandatory field when registering;
Friends and family information has not been carried forward;
Royalty points record says that I have no points, even though the summary page says that I have 2700 odd.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ReadingFCDirect

by TFF » 16 Jul 2011 10:47

You can lie about your number, or repeat a personal one.

Took me less than 5 minutes to enter my f&f details, including ringing a mate for his cust number and postcode so no biggy, but odd that they didn't write a script to bring the information over.

My royalty points show the same, summary but no detail. Let's hope it works if we draw Arsenal away in the cup.

There's a missed opportunity here though, having not taken the chance to correct an issue highlighted on the old system. The f&f list still doesn't show respective points totals meaning that I have to call the ticket office to find out when we can block book to include the person with fewest points.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jul 2011 20:28

That Friday Feeling You can lie about your number, or repeat a personal one.

Took me less than 5 minutes to enter my f&f details, including ringing a mate for his cust number and postcode so no biggy, but odd that they didn't write a script to bring the information over.

Very poor that they didn't.

Even if they decided that they wanted to use this as an opportunity to clean up their database by removing inactive members, they surely could have had the data transfer over when people entered their customer number.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 16 Jul 2011 21:50

has this readingfcdirect replaced the previous online ticketing system? i've had a look and updated my details. bit odd they want a work number so I've repeated my mobile for work and home.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 17 Jul 2011 04:53

A major problem is that if you are a member card holder and want a season ticket next season then it just says you're not entitled to one when pressing select seat.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 Jul 2011 07:45

I have found the new Reading FC Direct web site to be very slow, anyone else experiencing similar download issues?

I hope this is not the case we we all go to book our tickets on-line for cup games later this season.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 18 Jul 2011 11:32

The Real Sandhurst Royal I have found the new Reading FC Direct web site to be very slow, anyone else experiencing similar download issues?

I hope this is not the case we we all go to book our tickets on-line for cup games later this season.

Yes it is very slow. Also just tried to buy my ticket for Charlton away & would not let me select the option to have ticket posted. "Collect" was already selected and I could not change it. After several attempts I gave up & phoned the TO.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2011 12:20

Just what was wrong with the old ticketing site/system?

Sure, it threw a bit of a wobbly at the time of the peak demand for Man City tickets but nothing compared to that pile of shyte operated by TicketZone!

If it ain't broke, why fix it - particularly with a broken replacement!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Jul 2011 12:32

RoyalBlue Just what was wrong with the old ticketing site/system?

Sure, it threw a bit of a wobbly at the time of the peak demand for Man City tickets but nothing compared to that pile of shyte operated by TicketZone!

If it ain't broke, why fix it - particularly with a broken replacement!

See the discussion in another thread on the potential reasons for this. (page 3 of this thread : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107753&start=40#p2999204)

And the replacement probably isn't broken - just probably still being implemented and not all the options etc are set correctly yet.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 18 Jul 2011 12:40

Well on the same page it tells me how many royalty points I have and then over on the left it says I have none. :roll:
Friends and family are also zero.

Well done RFC, how very unlike you to cock it up.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Jul 2011 12:43

Corrected for you ====>>>
roadrunner Well done RFC, how very unlike you to try and do software implementations at the last minute and to "tune" them on the fly, rather than go through a proper project implementation cycle.

I have no doubts they'll get it right, just not on day one.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2011 13:31

Svlad Cjelli Corrected for you ====>>>
roadrunner Well done RFC, how very unlike you to try and do software implementations at the last minute and to "tune" them on the fly, rather than go through a proper project implementation cycle.

But will those things be put right before it really matters. And wouldn't it be nice if they tried to get things working a little bit earlier, ideally before they go live. It sounds as though there are some pretty fundamental faults/bugs that could and should have been picked up before launch.

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 18 Jul 2011 13:42

Just updated details for me and my son.

One conversion glitch, the new system requires a password of at least 8 characters, so if your old one was shorter than this then it has been reset to a random one. Needed to put my eMail address in and get the password resent to me. Don't know if this was mentioned in the eMail, I ignored it as I assumed it was to do with the online shop, not the ticketing system :oops:

Loging off also seems to be a bit inconsistent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Jul 2011 13:44

RoyalBlue
Svlad Cjelli Corrected for you ====>>>

But will those things be put right before it really matters. And wouldn't it be nice if they tried to get things working a little bit earlier, ideally before they go live. It sounds as though there are some pretty fundamental faults/bugs that could and should have been picked up before launch.

Yes, yes and yes.

For an organsation with the turnover of RFC, it employs precious few people, and it's especiall when they try to implement systems like this that it inevitably shows in places.

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 18 Jul 2011 13:53

Svlad Cjelli Yes, yes and yes.

For an organsation with the turnover of RFC, it employs precious few people, and it's especiall when they try to implement systems like this that it inevitably shows in places.

Someone should suggest they secure more support from their IT supplier during implementation then - generally this can be done when negotiating the contractual details with the supplier. Is this not the system that virtually every other club uses now? If so then conversion paths and initial configurations should be well understood by the supplier if they are any good.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Jul 2011 13:55

Someone should suggest they secure more support from their IT supplier during implementation then - generally this can be done when negotiating the contractual details with the supplier. Is this not the system that virtually every other club uses now? If so then conversion paths and initial configurations should be well understood by the supplier if they are any good.

Agreed - but the problems here seem to be the data conversions and compatibility with data from the legacy system. Not sure if that's part of teh package or if they're trying to do it themself. I'm sure it'll all be sorted out in due course.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Jul 2011 15:41

Svlad Cjelli

Agreed - but the problems here seem to be the data conversions and compatibility with data from the legacy system. Not sure if that's part of teh package or if they're trying to do it themself. I'm sure it'll all be sorted out in due course.

You mean to say that there was no legacy or regression testing prior to deployment? What about lessons learned from previous rollouts? Talk about doing things on the cheap.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jul 2011 14:06

Terminal Boardom
Svlad Cjelli
Starry Blue Hooped Wonder Someone should suggest they secure more support from their IT supplier during implementation then - generally this can be done when negotiating the contractual details with the supplier. Is this not the system that virtually every other club uses now? If so then conversion paths and initial configurations should be well understood by the supplier if they are any good.

You mean to say that there was no legacy or regression testing prior to deployment? What about lessons learned from previous rollouts? Talk about doing things on the cheap.

In the current economic climate a lot of companies are doing upgrades like this on the cheap, not just football clubs.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jul 2011 17:28

Wycombe Royal
Terminal Boardom
Svlad Cjelli Agreed - but the problems here seem to be the data conversions and compatibility with data from the legacy system. Not sure if that's part of teh package or if they're trying to do it themself. I'm sure it'll all be sorted out in due course.

In the current economic climate a lot of companies are doing upgrades like this on the cheap, not just football clubs.

And those companies are likely to save a little in tangible terms in the short term and lose more, tangible and intangible, in the longer term.

Svlad Cjelli
RoyalBlue

Yes, yes and yes.

Glad you are son confident about the first. And organisations that operate with lean workforces tend to have the wisdom to supplement that workforce with high quality contractors when they wish to undertake special projects like this.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Jul 2011 18:01

Agreed on both points - but that's the way it ever is with RFC. Who are we to tell them how to run their business?