Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

145 posts

Would you like to see the hoops go all the way round the shirt?

YES
84%
NO
3%
DON'T CARE
12%

Total votes: 201
The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

by The Rouge » 10 Feb 2012 17:33

Most fans I speak to say they want the hoops to go all the way round the shirt as they feel it is more in keeping with what they see as traditional Reading FC. QPR have proven it cannot be anything to do with League rules and I would be interested on your thoughts.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

by urz13 » 10 Feb 2012 17:40

YES.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 10 Feb 2012 17:48

The Rouge Most fans I speak to say they want the hoops to go all the way round the shirt as they feel it is more in keeping with what they see as traditional Reading FC. QPR have proven it cannot be anything to do with League rules and I would be interested on your thoughts.

Well done QPR - they are wearing a much more Reading kit than Reading. By comparison ours is a disgrace.

working class hero

by working class hero » 10 Feb 2012 19:00

I assume we have the current abhorrence as we 'are not fit to wear the hoops'

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 Feb 2012 19:08

YES, ALWAYS

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 10 Feb 2012 20:17

bit of a no brainer really, considering that is our traditional kit........the one of a couple of seasons ago was nearly perfect, except for that stupid 'V' thing at the front......

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Feb 2012 20:41

I voted yes, but wouldn't mind a sky blue kit for a year or two though.

Trevor Senior never played in hoops.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 11 Feb 2012 10:47

Handsome Man I voted yes, but wouldn't mind a sky blue kit for a year or two though.

Trevor Senior never played in hoops.

He told me he did once - pre-season 1983 before the Argentina kit arrived. Good of him to remember, I thought.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Feb 2012 12:10

Yes please.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 11 Feb 2012 12:56

Good stuff, as many votes as we can and then send the results to the club - perhaps Star could get involved in this one if there is overwhelming fan support?

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 11 Feb 2012 13:10

They're not hoops unless they go all the way round.

Sort it out Reading and get hoops all the way round, white shorts and white socks.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 11 Feb 2012 13:25

Tad Showbiz They're not hoops unless they go all the way round.

Sort it out Reading and get hoops all the way round, white shorts and white socks.

^I agree with all of this.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 11 Feb 2012 18:37

M U R T Y Good stuff, as many votes as we can and then send the results to the club - perhaps Star could get involved in this one if there is overwhelming fan support?

We regularly ask and apart from there being no way they will allow a public vote, it is a fact that they get more complaints about not being able to read the names and numbers than complaints that the hoops don't go all the way around.

So maybe rather than voting in this poll you would have more effect if you complained directly to the club.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2012 19:29

starliaison
M U R T Y Good stuff, as many votes as we can and then send the results to the club - perhaps Star could get involved in this one if there is overwhelming fan support?

We regularly ask and apart from there being no way they will allow a public vote, it is a fact that they get more complaints about not being able to read the names and numbers than complaints that the hoops don't go all the way around.

So maybe rather than voting in this poll you would have more effect if you complained directly to the club.

Only plastics of the very first degree would need to complain about not being able to read names and numbers! :twisted:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Feb 2012 19:41

starliaison

so why can't the club have a small square patch with the number on then? There can still be a hoop above the square and below it. best of both worlds, but there is absolutely no need for a whole plain back panel on the shirt.

i certainly wont buy a shirt that has a 12 month life span for £40, and looks completely different from the front and back.

personally i can't believe we have any more moaners than any other club, and the likes of sunderland and qpr don't bother with a blank back panel - sunderland especially considering their fanbase vs ours.

honestly, i don't know how qpr fans cope with shirts like this. i mean, how do they read that.. it's like.. REALLY BLOODY CLEAR!!

AND IF YOU ARE A PROPER FAN THAT ATTENDS GAMES OFTEN, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO LOOK AT THE NAME AND NUMBER ON A SHIRT.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2012 21:10

It's probably RFC clicking 'Don't care!'.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Feb 2012 23:10

Don't even need to attend games that often. All you've got to do is have the vaguest idea of what each player looks like in body shape and things like hair and movement style and then put it together from whereabouts on the pitch they are.

I struggle to read the numbers and I certainly can't read the names very well from my seat when I go, but I still find it fairly easy to tell our players apart.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 12 Feb 2012 15:21

starliaison

I would have thought if Star presented to the club the result of an online poll stating that 89% (as it currently stands) of Reading fans want to see a return to hooped shirts, that would have a far greater impact than just one or two complaints to the club?

Muguire

by Muguire » 12 Feb 2012 15:48

Friday's Legacy
starliaison

so why can't the club have a small square patch with the number on then? There can still be a hoop above the square and below it. best of both worlds, but there is absolutely no need for a whole plain back panel on the shirt.

i certainly wont buy a shirt that has a 12 month life span for £40, and looks completely different from the front and back.

personally i can't believe we have any more moaners than any other club, and the likes of sunderland and qpr don't bother with a blank back panel - sunderland especially considering their fanbase vs ours.

honestly, i don't know how qpr fans cope with shirts like this. i mean, how do they read that.. it's like.. REALLY BLOODY CLEAR!!

AND IF YOU ARE A PROPER FAN THAT ATTENDS GAMES OFTEN, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO LOOK AT THE NAME AND NUMBER ON A SHIRT.

star are a complete waste of space. MURTY is spot on as well as Friday's Legacy, the fact is you take a no far to easily and walk away instead of trying to do something the majority of fans actually do want. You have no use except coach travel, and quite frankly I'd rather get the friggin' train.

If you want my membership/financial contribution, earn it :!:

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 13 Feb 2012 02:34

Of all the photos to choose from, he goes for this one :cry:

145 posts