Brighton Away

Basingstoke-Royal

Brighton Away

by Basingstoke-Royal » 20 Mar 2012 15:08

Adult: £24, Over 65's: £17, Under 18: £12, Under 10: £6

Tickets are one per Member Card with the following criteria:
• From 9am on Wed 21st March, 2200+ Royalty Points.
• From 9am on Thu 22nd March, 1500+ Royalty Points.
• From 9am on Fri 23rd March, 500+ Royalty Points.
• From 9am on Sat 24th March, on sale to all Member Card holders.

We have been given a full allocation of 2,450 tickets!

So do we think that we will sell this one out?
Last edited by Basingstoke-Royal on 20 Mar 2012 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Prince

Re: Brighton Away

by Royal Prince » 20 Mar 2012 15:17

I'm saying no.

It is a new ground, it is relatively close, and we are playing well but...

...It's a Tuesday bloody night and it's sandwiched between West Ham & Southampton which are both a day trippers paradise!

Basingstoke-Royal

by Basingstoke-Royal » 20 Mar 2012 15:26

Royal Prince I'm saying no.

It is a new ground, it is relatively close, and we are playing well but...

...It's a Tuesday bloody night and it's sandwiched between West Ham & Southampton which are both a day trippers paradise!

haha hoping not as i'm going to this one with my dad so will have to wait till saturday to buy as he only has 300 points :(

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 20 Mar 2012 15:35

I'll be there one way or another, may be in the home end though

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Mar 2012 15:38

Probably IN, but getting there by car looks to be an absolute nightmare.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Mar 2012 16:05

No more than getting to the Withdean was a nightmare.

How many tickets have we been allocated?

Basingstoke-Royal

by Basingstoke-Royal » 20 Mar 2012 16:06

Barry the bird boggler No more than getting to the Withdean was a nightmare.

How many tickets have we been allocated?

Full allocation of 2450
Last edited by Basingstoke-Royal on 20 Mar 2012 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Mar 2012 16:07

Probably IN, but as I put on the other thread the midweek transport looks to be a nightmare:

You know there's something wrong when the best advice is to hang around the stadium concourse for an hour drinking overpriced beer. They appear not to put on extra trains and mid week they are only 2 carriages, to avoid overcrowding they control access to the platform but they over do it and the he trains go with loads of room. No wonder it can take an hour in the queue.

A bus looks to be the best bet back to the town.

No parking anywhere near the stadium, Park and Ride is a closed off road so I'm not sure how that works getting out, it's almost worth joining STAR to get the coach for this one.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Mar 2012 16:13

Transport options (from Wiki)

The AMEX stadium is close to the A27 Brighton by-pass, linking it northbound to the A23 and M23 motorway towards London and southbound to the A270 and the city centre. There is pre-paid parking available for 2000 cars on the University of Sussex and the Falmer Academy sites.

The club runs several park and ride services to the stadium. One of these is at Mill Road situated at the A23/A27 intersection, which holds 500 cars. Another is at Brighton Racecourse, holding approx. 700 cars. The third site is at Mithras House (Brighton University) on the Lewes Road, holding approx 300 cars. Match tickets come with travel vouchers valid for train, bus, and park and ride. The stadium is served by Falmer railway station which is a nine-minute journey from Brighton railway station and seven minutes from Lewes railway station, both of which are served by trains from London.

The Wealden Line Campaign promotes the creation of direct rail services from London via a "Brighton Main Line 2" (BML2). This would mean supporters could reach Falmer without the need to change trains at Lewes or Brighton's busy main station.

The site also includes: a new link road from the A270 through the southern edge of Stanmer Park to the Sussex campus; a new high capacity footbridge over the railway at Falmer station; a transport interchange/coach park to the south of the stadium across Village Way; a 1,000-space car park at Falmer High School; alterations to the A27/A270 road junction, including a new flyover; a combined footpath/cycleway; a 150-space car park for club officials, players and disabled drivers; 220 cycle spaces.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Mar 2012 16:19

And the Football Ground Guide strongly recommends use of the Park & Ride schemes

Park & Ride

The Club are encouraging fans to use the Park & Ride services located at three different locations; Mill Road, Brighton Racecourse and Mithras House at Brighton University.

Probably the easiest for away fans to locate is Mill Road, as it is just off the A23/A27 junction. However, this is by far the busiest of the three, so if you have time on your hands consider using one of the other alternatives such as Brighton Racecourse. The capacity of Mill Road is 500 cars. The road is located next to a BP garage, which (if coming down from London) you will see over on your right at the top of the slip road off the A23.

The Park & Ride is open from 12 noon on Saturdays (with last departure at 2.30pm) and 5.30pm for evening kick offs. The last buses return from the stadium 90 minutes after the end of the game. Although the parking element of the scheme is free, the ride part is not. You have to buy a travel voucher in advance from the Club (you can't pay on the bus). Call Brighton & Hove Albion Customer Services on 0845 873 0251 or the Brighton Ticket Office on 0845 496 1901 or purchase online. These cost £2.50 (including postage). Please note that vehicles must removed no later than two hours after the game has ended.

Mill Road isn't a car park as such, but a normal road that is closed for this purpose. Tony Hewitt informs me; 'I parked at Mill Road before an England Under 19 match. The Park and Ride was well-organised both ways. Going in, you park parallel in the next slot and it is easy to drive in. Buses and cars leave the road at the other end so it is completely one-way and simple. The road is divided into zones (A-E). Coming back after the game, it was well run by the stewards with only a 10 minute wait for a bus. The bus stops at all the zones so you end up close enough to your car'.

Martyn Clark a visiting Leeds United adds; 'Before the game the Park and Ride was fine. We got on a coach (which was rather ancient looking) fairly quickly and it seemed well organised. I did note though, that eventhough we had arrived two hours before kick off the Park & Ride was already around three quarters full. After the game it was a completely different story. It took ages to get out of the ground and when we got to the bus pick up area, we found incredibly long queues trying to get up some narrow steps. All in all it took 1 hour 25 minutes from the end of the game to getting on a bus and moving back to Mill Road Park and Ride. Everyone (including Brighton fans) were very frustrated.'

Pam a visiting Leeds United fan tells me; 'We parked at the Park & Ride at Brighton racecourse. This park and ride was also poorly signposted and the actual car park was just a field. Returning after the game we found the area to be unlit and had difficulty in locating our car in the dark. There were also no staff around, which I found alarming. Considering that the Park & Ride is used by both home and away supporters, then this is a potential incident waiting to happen. I also dread to think what the state of the parking will be like in the winter.'

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 20 Mar 2012 16:32

I'll be parking at the University, most the car parks are only pay and display until 5pm and its Easter holidays so not many students about

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 20 Mar 2012 17:29

Def going its only 20mins from my front door!! Cannot wait!
Got half a dozen Brighton ST mates so it's the first one I looked for when fixtures came out!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 20 Mar 2012 18:46

I'll be going down on the back of a motorbike as always.... Nearly always free parking and never a problem with traffic 8)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Mar 2012 19:42

If train station is close to ground I will drive to a decent station en route and go from there.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 20 Mar 2012 21:16

paultheroyal If train station is close to ground I will drive to a decent station en route and go from there.

The station is at the fair end of the stadium...so as close as you can get...Only problem is the number of trains (2 carriages per train) after the match and the number of fans wanting to get on the trains...bit like trying to use Wembley Tube after the pLOLayoffs...

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 20 Mar 2012 23:21

Is there a shuttle bus from the town centre? Might be easier getting back to Brighton station then the local stopper after the game.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Mar 2012 08:18

We're spending the day in Brighton and then going to the game. Probs park at Uni.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 21 Mar 2012 10:10

This also from Football Ground Guide - a Millwall fan who used the Mill Road P n R last month

'Yes, it really is as bad as they say. The queue for the buses was enormous, unbelievably slow moving, the whole operation is chaotic, badly organised and woefully inadequate. There were nowhere near enough buses, and the whole thing moved in slow motion. The locals were suggesting it has actually got worse in the course of the season. Many queued for over an hour, at least it wasn’t raining. I take my hat off to those with the stamina to endure it every other week.'

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 21 Mar 2012 10:22

This from the B&HAFC OS -

'Important things to remember if travelling by car
• Whenever you travel by car, to help us make the travel plan run smoothly, please ensure that you car share wherever possible.

• There are no circumstances under which you will be able to use the near-site parking if you have not pre-booked - even if you are running late for the match!

• There are no uncontrolled parking areas at either university campus or the Brighton Aldridge Academy; entry to these premises will be controlled by stewards.

• There is no on-street parking anywhere close by to the stadium and there are traffic schemes in place to make sure that these are upheld.

• Nearby residential areas will be controlled by stewards and access on matchdays will be available to residents only.

• If you do park in areas around the stadium, you run a very real risk of receiving a parking ticket or worse still having your car towed away.'

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 21 Mar 2012 11:31

robbieroyal Def going its only 20mins from my front door!!

Ditto. In fact you're probably the chap I saw on the Worthing train coming back from Millwall?

Slightly disappointed that there are so few points categories for this one. 1500 points needed on Thursday and then drops all the way down to 500. Having 1300 points, I'm now concerned may miss out on the 'big one'.

I'd be surprised if it didn't sell out given the lure of a new ground (and decent beer!).