Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Clappers at the Forest and Palace games

by Royal Lady » 11 Apr 2012 16:51

And you have the people who can't spell gauge properly. :oops:

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 11 Apr 2012 20:27

What's STAR's official party line on a pitch invasion IF Palace does turn out to be a promotion party?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Apr 2012 20:40

Seal What's STAR's official party line on a pitch invasion IF Palace does turn out to be a promotion party?

Stewards are vastly outnumbered. It will happen whether club or STAR like it or not! Sadly I'm in the upper west for Palace as I left the last couple of games too late and missed our season ticket seats for next season in Y26. We'll get on somehow!

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 11 Apr 2012 20:46

Seal What's STAR's official party line on a pitch invasion IF Palace does turn out to be a promotion party?

Considering they're the ones with a huge photo of the last one plastered around their HQ i doubt they'll be complaining too much.

And a huge LOL at fans criticising this... i wont be using them but the club are trying to create a better atmosphere at home, whether thats noise from Y26 or rounds of noise from these i really dont care; its still intimidating and a harder situation to play in for away sides. Maybe we should all sit there and have a few rounds of 'blue army'?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Apr 2012 20:50

My official line is that I'm on the pitch if it's a promotion party.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 11 Apr 2012 20:50

Friday's Legacy

Stewards are vastly outnumbered. It will happen whether club or STAR like it or not! Sadly I'm in the upper west for Palace as I left the last couple of games too late and missed our season ticket seats for next season in Y26. We'll get on somehow!

I managed to make to make it from upper west to the pitch at the Derby game...it can be done!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 11 Apr 2012 20:57

Seal
Friday's Legacy

I managed to make to make it from upper west to the pitch at the Derby game...it can be done!

Basically we have two options.
A) Charge to the left (or right) and climb under the barrier into the North or South, and from there onto the pitch.
B) Down the stairs, out the gates, run to North or South stand Gates, enter gates and there onto the pitch.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Apr 2012 21:03

tomrfcurz

Considering they're the ones with a huge photo of the last one plastered around their HQ i doubt they'll be complaining too much.

And a huge LOL at fans criticising this... i wont be using them but the club are trying to create a better atmosphere at home, whether thats noise from Y26 or rounds of noise from these i really dont care; its still intimidating and a harder situation to play in for away sides. Maybe we should all sit there and have a few rounds of 'blue army'?

clappers are not intimidating. It's just an annoying sound generated by an unwanted gimic. When the club is doing as well as it currently is the atmosphere is great. We do not need anything like this. It's fake, it's plastic, and it's cringeworthy (IMO).

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 11 Apr 2012 21:41

ZacNaloen

My official line is that I'm on the pitch if it's a promotion party.

And I will be joining you.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Apr 2012 23:37

Sarah Star HNA? isn't the voice of the majority of fans either.

STAR neither asked for nor encouraged the club to get clappers for these matches, but believe it or not there are fans who like them. If you don't like them, don't use them and complain to either STAR or the club because there will be people writing to say what a great day they've had and thanks. They tend to take what anonymous online users think with a pinch of salt.

Are STAR going to set up their own Points of View presented by Colin Bishop then?

james15

by james15 » 12 Apr 2012 05:38

Compo's Hat
Sarah Star HNA? isn't the voice of the majority of fans either.

STAR neither asked for nor encouraged the club to get clappers for these matches, but believe it or not there are fans who like them. If you don't like them, don't use them and complain to either STAR or the club because there will be people writing to say what a great day they've had and thanks. They tend to take what anonymous online users think with a pinch of salt.

Are STAR going to set up their own Points of View presented by Colin Bishop then?
I would love to see that to be fair.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 12 Apr 2012 10:48

Seriously, what is a clapper. Or what are clappers? Is it an artificial device which negates the need to put your hands together? Some of us who attend matches are big brawny males who can clap quite loudly on our own.Then again I don`t generally clap at football.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Apr 2012 11:14

Negative_Jeff Seriously, what is a clapper. Or what are clappers? Is it an artificial device which negates the need to put your hands together? Some of us who attend matches are big brawny males who can clap quite loudly on our own.Then again I don`t generally clap at football.

Yes Jeff - see my explanation above. As I mentioned, in the good old days, we used our hands. I appear to have incurred the wrath of STAR over trying to help them - so I shan't bother again!

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 12 Apr 2012 11:18

OMFG this cannot be real

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 12 Apr 2012 22:43

Hi Sarah - are STAR doing anything about the Hoops-All-The-Way-Round initiative?

If you mean round the shirt - the time to do something about that was in October and yes, it was. The club was given proof that people wanted it and they countered this by saying they'd had people complain about the hoops all the way round before. This time we were able to give them numbers from our own survey of over 500 fans. I am pretty hopeful on this one for this season, tbh, but we'll have to wait and see. It may still have been too late.

If you mean round the stadium, that had to be considered well in advance and was decided against. From memory, I think the cons were - putting the cards out, cost of getting them printed, whether the stadium would be full enough and the fact that that day was special. Going up again will be special too, but not like that day.

Don't expect me to be around to answer everything to do with STAR every hour of every day though. Not only am I not the fount of all STAR knowledge, I no longer spend as much time as I used to here. If Graham would hurry up and authorise the names he's been asked to, then you'd have ten times as many people able to answer questions and tell you what everyone in STAR is doing.

I don't see any wrath of STAR here.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 12 Apr 2012 23:07

I meant the shirts...
Thanks.
When this was discussed with someone from STAR on the other thread, a survey was not mentioned. Do you know what the result was of the 500 person survey??

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Apr 2012 23:10

Hoops all around, red lettering/ number and IF needed for televised games - opt for the white square as we have done in the past.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 12 Apr 2012 23:24

I can't give you exact figures, but 72% agreed strongly, 14% agreed slightly, 8% were neutral, 5% disagreed slightly and 1% disagreed strongly with the statement that Reading FC's kit should consist of Royal blue and white hoops, white shorts and white socks, which is a STAR policy.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Apr 2012 23:38

So what is the stumbling block here. It seems to me the club like quick fixes and gimmicks that might or might not be a passing phase and not deal with an issue that the supporters really want. As not all members of STAR post on this site, surely that is more representable of supporters feelings.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Apr 2012 07:10

Are't the clappers costing the club anything then? Great news!

176 posts