Your picture with the trophy!

grey_squirrel

Re: Your picture with the trophy!

by grey_squirrel » 11 May 2012 19:26

southstand67
Mid Sussex Royal Think they did that in 1986 - got a picture with me and Ian Branfoot - was Canon League in those days. I think it was the evening they launched the First Division Society!

Oh my word - I remember the First Division Society! Whatever happened to that?

Wasn't it deemed illegal for some reason.......... then again what wasn't (allegedly) with Mike Lewis!

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 11 May 2012 19:29

the first printed photo is £15 with additional prints at £7.50

Maybe someone got their decimals wrong - clearly the club meant £1.50 and 75p

If not...
TBM You plus your group of family and friends can have your picture taken with the trophy

...I wonder how many they'd allow you to count as a group... almost worth trying to get 50 people together for a laff, it'd only cost 30p each then and would probably royally* piss them off

*not sure if I meant that pun or not...

mx

by mx » 11 May 2012 20:11

I've got a picture somewhere of me with the FA Cup. I dint suppose it was the real FA Cup, but it was taken at FA HQ. I don't think I wound have paid a pound though, never mind £15.

On a more sensible note, I have badges commemorating our 4th division championship in 78/9 and our 93/4 "Division 2" championship, amonst my extensive RFC badge collection. I love badges, and have loads. but havent bought one from the club for years. They just don't get it right any more.

The only promotion badge I could find last time was produced by a guy who also sold BNP badges so he could feck right off.

Last time we went up the nearest thing there was was an over priced coin.

I don't know whether anyone saw my comments about t-shirts on another thread, but whoever handles the marketing at the club really needs to talk to fans about what they will and wont buy.

ps GOOD QUALITY (cotton) shirts with hoops ALL THE WAY AROUND would be a decent start. and the over use of our supremely embarrassing nickname is not going to extract cash from this (republican) fan :twisted:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2012 05:05

Woodcote Royal I bet you regret the day that crystal ball got smashed to pieces.
yes indeedy, that was the same one that predicted the 6-0 West Ham score

Its longsince gone and recycled into monacle lens'

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 May 2012 07:56

I'd agree that a donation to charity would be a great option - considering with or without TSI takeover, we're going to have a few million knocking around soon. But even if they felt they HAD to charge (to cover for staff costs or whatever) - £15 is a pisstake imo. A fiver would be more than enough shirley?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 12 May 2012 10:56

mx I've got a picture somewhere of me with the FA Cup. I dint suppose it was the real FA Cup, but it was taken at FA HQ. I don't think I wound have paid a pound though, never mind £15.

On a more sensible note, I have badges commemorating our 4th division championship in 78/9 and our 93/4 "Division 2" championship, amonst my extensive RFC badge collection. I love badges, and have loads. but havent bought one from the club for years. They just don't get it right any more.

The only promotion badge I could find last time was produced by a guy who also sold BNP badges so he could feck right off.

Last time we went up the nearest thing there was was an over priced coin.

I don't know whether anyone saw my comments about t-shirts on another thread, but whoever handles the marketing at the club really needs to talk to fans about what they will and wont buy.

ps GOOD QUALITY (cotton) shirts with hoops ALL THE WAY AROUND would be a decent start. and the over use of our supremely embarrassing nickname is not going to extract cash from this (republican) fan :twisted:

You are Brian Mcdermott AICMFP! :wink:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 12 May 2012 11:29

I gave a photo with the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, and they were free with the Wembley Stadium Tour.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 May 2012 13:59

southstand67

Oh my word - I remember the First Division Society! Whatever happened to that?

I believe there were, er, legal issues with it's set-up.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 12 May 2012 19:29

For £15 I'd want to take the sponsors' ribbons off. :wink: Bet they wouldn't let that happen.

I've got one with me in a Reading shirt haolding up the FA Cup but the long trousers rather spoil the effect.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 May 2012 08:48

Is it pay on the day?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 13 May 2012 16:59

TBM
Fans are invited to visit Madejski Stadium over the weekend of Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th May to have their photo taken with the npower Championship Trophy!

You plus your group of family and friends can have your picture taken with the trophy

Cool

Fcuk off

yeh £15 takes the p

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 13 May 2012 17:02

stickywhisky
TBM
Fans are invited to visit Madejski Stadium over the weekend of Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th May to have their photo taken with the npower Championship Trophy!

You plus your group of family and friends can have your picture taken with the trophy

Cool

Fcuk off

What a joke! the club milking every penny out of our promotion (Photo, DVD, T-shirts, Photobook, mugs t-shirts)
Next they will be selling saliva they've collected from the pitch

the mugs are £6 which isnt too bad - so i like a mug lol bought one - tea coasters are a fair £1 - dvd is usual £15 - lets hope the mong on the official site doesnt do the match commentary - truly awful - must be deaf and no passion - should let a proper commentator do it and keep the commentary DOWN - watch the soton v reading one and all you can hear is no crowd and this mong shouting - total ruins it to the point i doubt ill renew my sub

ordered the book too - last time it was a nice momento and i got mine signed by the whole squad too!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 May 2012 11:38

Football club in exploiting a marketing opportunity shocker!

Are all season ticket holders being forced to have their photo taken with the trophy and having the money taken from their bank accounts?

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 15 May 2012 09:34

urz13 I gave a photo with the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, and they were free with the Wembley Stadium Tour.

Is the tour any good?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 15 May 2012 21:09

TSI deal must be going tits up at that price. No thanks!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 16 May 2012 06:30

Stuka
urz13 I gave a photo with the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, and they were free with the Wembley Stadium Tour.

Is the tour any good?

It was better than I expected. If you haven't been to Wembley as a neutral yet then I'd recommend it; I realised how little I could remember other than the game and pre/match when I returned for the tour after the playoff final.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 16 May 2012 08:09

urz13
Stuka

Is the tour any good?

It was better than I expected. If you haven't been to Wembley as a neutral yet then I'd recommend it; I realised how little I could remember other than the game and pre/match when I returned for the tour after the playoff final.

Ahh I've been to a few England games. Maybe I'll take a visitor along sometime though.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 16 May 2012 17:01

Stuka
urz13
Stuka
Is the tour any good?

Ahh I've been to a few England games. Maybe I'll take a visitor along sometime though.

Well basically, of you want to see where Rooney takes a shit, and pay £15 for the privilege then go for it.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 17 May 2012 07:53

:o Right I'm on my way

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 17 May 2012 08:57

Going back to the Championship trophy, yeah it’s £15 and unlikely many of us will take up this gracious offer but Fordham has written such a bitchy little article here, he comes across like some massive grievance has occurred, the shattering of the covenant between Reading Football Club and its fans. Oh no!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... _promotion