TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

1288 posts
HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

by HoneyRoastHoax » 08 Oct 2013 09:39

Calm down comrades.

Journo's do make sh*t up you know. Wouldn't surprise me if fordham was the "source" just as a swan song.

Look at what Anton has done for us already and you turn your back and take away your support after one shitty rag riter makes up a story?

SHAME ON YOU

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 10:37

ZacNaloen When it comes to the newspapers and football news (as it is apolitical usually), if it's in the chronicle or The Sun pinch of salt.

If it's in GetReading, maybe. Especially now that Jonny has gone he didn't mind posting a bit of rumour.

If it's in the Times, The Guardian yeh sure i'll take it seriously. If it's on the BBC it's happening.

Still in the pinch of salt stage.

The Chronicle article in particular is just oxf*rd awful. not even an attempt to get a statement from the club.

Valid argument. It still worries me that we are being told by the club that the official line is still "we are comfortable with what is happening".

I mean, why not explain what is happening, or confirm or deny what is being printed? Sure, it might be a bit Chicken Licken as Brendo pointed out but it's not like it's a far fetched conspiracy theory. We underperformed in the transfer market, the buyout of the club has been inexplicably delayed and looking back what we have spent could have been covered by the club without Anton.

If the conclusion from that was "Anton must be a squirrel/human hybrid looking to take over the world" then I'd understand if people were quick to shoot it down. But it's not.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Oct 2013 10:43

Yep. I would expect the club to say "we are comfortable with what is happening and expect the deal to go through early next year" or similar, if they thought it was still gonna happen.

Oh well. What will be will be I guess.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Oct 2013 10:44

To be fair to the club, what else would you expect them to say?

If everything is fine. they'd be saying "we're comfortable with the situation." If everything's not fine, they'd be saying exactly the same - because saying so would only make it worse.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Oct 2013 10:46

Alexander Litvinenko To be fair to the club, what else would you expect them to say?

If everything is fine. they'd be saying "we're comfortable with the situation." If everything's not fine, they'd be saying exactly the same - because saying so would only make it worse.

That's the point - I'd expect if everything isn't fine for them to be saying exactly what they are saying. If you see what I'm saying.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 10:49

Extended-Phenotype
ZacNaloen When it comes to the newspapers and football news (as it is apolitical usually), if it's in the chronicle or The Sun pinch of salt.

If it's in GetReading, maybe. Especially now that Jonny has gone he didn't mind posting a bit of rumour.

If it's in the Times, The Guardian yeh sure i'll take it seriously. If it's on the BBC it's happening.

Still in the pinch of salt stage.

The Chronicle article in particular is just oxf*rd awful. not even an attempt to get a statement from the club.

Valid argument. It still worries me that we are being told by the club that the official line is still "we are comfortable with what is happening".

I mean, why not explain what is happening, or confirm or deny what is being printed? Sure, it might be a bit Chicken Licken as Brendo pointed out but it's not like it's a far fetched conspiracy theory. We underperformed in the transfer market, the buyout of the club has been inexplicably delayed and looking back what we have spent could have been covered by the club without Anton.

If the conclusion from that was "Anton must be a squirrel/human hybrid looking to take over the world" then I'd understand if people were quick to shoot it down. But it's not.

i can confirm that im now chicken lickening with the rest of you

h

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Oct 2013 10:50

Green
Alexander Litvinenko To be fair to the club, what else would you expect them to say?

That's the point - I'd expect if everything isn't fine for them to be saying exactly what they are saying. If you see what I'm saying.

I do see it - I was replying to the post before yours.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 10:54

Alexander Litvinenko
Green

I do see it - I was replying to the post before yours.

But if everything was REALLY fine, like Green said, they would be saying "everything is fine, the deal is still going ahead and should happen sometime soon".

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 08 Oct 2013 10:57

If there was nothing in the story then surely the Club/Anton/SJM would have knocked it on the head with a more convincing statement than they have. There have been ominous rumours circulating for some time and there is a risk that these will impact on the playing side so I am disappointed that paricularly SJM (who is still Chairman) has not made a clear statement of what is actually delaying the takeover. One wonders whether the Companies House investigation (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ances.html) has anything to do with the delay and Antons absence from the UK.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 08 Oct 2013 11:47

When AZ first invested I assumed he was an asset stripper out to fleece the club. I now believe he is a dreamer who genuinely wanted to own a football club (first Everton remember) . He has after all invested around 20m into RFC so he shouldn't be taken too lightly. A 'billionaire' or a least billionaire backers simply don't need time to find 25m. That's chicken feed and that alone should have made the deal suspect as he patently wasn't a fit and proper person to own the club.
Unless it was shown the remainder + substantial liquidity was/would be freely available in due time. So he either was creative with the accounts, fibbed/believed that daddy would bail him or the Fit and proper person investigation was a farce.
SJM couldn't afford to refuse the offer as he was in big trouble. The print works was going bust to the tune of 100m and he himself was apparently in line for a 60m nosebleed. That makes all sorts of people do all sorts of things. He took a gamble that half now half later would work. He did get the first half but he won't get the second. Or at least not from AZ

Either way AZ is toast as far as RFC is concerned and he is looking to back out asap with as little financial damage as possible. This maybe

1 no loss - buyer pays what he paid = he's gone
2 big loss- 20m + covering costs as he hands back his 51% = he's gone
3 profit - buyer pays more than the 20m + costs. = he's gone

It's great to be loyal but one should only ever be loyal to the club. Players staff owners managers and chairman are all transient interlopers and should be treated as such. They either did good things bad things or a mixture of the two during their brief stay. Be loyal to your fellow fans as you are the club.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 11:55

apart from the FACT the full buy out has not gone through yet this:

the Fit and proper person investigation was a farce.

is the only thing we truly know for sure

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 08 Oct 2013 12:33

multisync1830 When AZ first invested I assumed he was an asset stripper out to fleece the club. I now believe he is a dreamer who genuinely wanted to own a football club (first Everton remember) . He has after all invested around 20m into RFC so he shouldn't be taken too lightly. A 'billionaire' or a least billionaire backers simply don't need time to find 25m. That's chicken feed and that alone should have made the deal suspect as he patently wasn't a fit and proper person to own the club.
Unless it was shown the remainder + substantial liquidity was/would be freely available in due time. So he either was creative with the accounts, fibbed/believed that daddy would bail him or the Fit and proper person investigation was a farce.
SJM couldn't afford to refuse the offer as he was in big trouble. The print works was going bust to the tune of 100m and he himself was apparently in line for a 60m nosebleed. That makes all sorts of people do all sorts of things. He took a gamble that half now half later would work. He did get the first half but he won't get the second. Or at least not from AZ

Either way AZ is toast as far as RFC is concerned and he is looking to back out asap with as little financial damage as possible. This maybe

1 no loss - buyer pays what he paid = he's gone
2 big loss- 20m + covering costs as he hands back his 51% = he's gone
3 profit - buyer pays more than the 20m + costs. = he's gone

It's great to be loyal but one should only ever be loyal to the club. Players staff owners managers and chairman are all transient interlopers and should be treated as such. They either did good things bad things or a mixture of the two during their brief stay. Be loyal to your fellow fans as you are the club.

Nice post and pretty much a good summary, but until AZ is gone we won't know whether he was an asset stripper or not - let's see what the accounts say.

Also, regarding the F&PP test, I suspect daddy helped him out here as the PL required validated proof of funds. I think it may have gone something along the lines of "I'll help you get the club by supplying a few bank statements, but don't think for a second you'll actually get your hands on it!".

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Oct 2013 12:35

HoneyRoastHoax Look at what Anton has done for us already

LOL

This is the opposite of the 'What have the Romans ever done for us' sketch, I feel.

He signed Jason Roberts for us - allegedly - which helped us win promotion to the top flight.

Then he sacked our 2nd most successful manager ever and replaced him with the bloke who (with a larger budget) finished runner-up to our 2nd most successful manager ever.

And he's left us with those epic, brand-growing partnerships with those giants of world sport, Marussia and Galatasaray.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2013 14:43

North Somerset Royal If there was nothing in the story then surely the Club/Anton/SJM would have knocked it on the head with a more convincing statement than they have. There have been ominous rumours circulating for some time and there is a risk that these will impact on the playing side so I am disappointed that paricularly SJM (who is still Chairman) has not made a clear statement of what is actually delaying the takeover. One wonders whether the Companies House investigation (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ances.html) has anything to do with the delay and Antons absence from the UK.

All of this was said when there was a delay in the original deal going through.

It happened.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2013 15:29

Is it just me or are we discussing the same thing in 3 different threads?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 15:31

I keep forgetting which thread I'm doom-mongering on and which one I'm all like chillax.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 08 Oct 2013 16:33

Ian Royal
North Somerset Royal If there was nothing in the story then surely the Club/Anton/SJM would have knocked it on the head with a more convincing statement than they have. There have been ominous rumours circulating for some time and there is a risk that these will impact on the playing side so I am disappointed that paricularly SJM (who is still Chairman) has not made a clear statement of what is actually delaying the takeover. One wonders whether the Companies House investigation (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ances.html) has anything to do with the delay and Antons absence from the UK.

All of this was said when there was a delay in the original deal going through.

It happened.

Yes but with the delay on the original deal SJM gave regular assurances that it would happen. For example in April
. Reading takeover close - Sir John Madejski

Reading chairman Sir John Madejski says the takeover of the Championship club by Russian tycoon Anton Zingarevich is close to being completed.
Madejski has owned Reading for 22 years but has agreed to sell 51% to Thames Sports Investment led by Zingarevich.
He believes Zingarevich's investment will help propel the club into Europe.
"It is close to being completed, there are a few final hurdles to cross and I have no doubt the deal will go through," Madejski told BBC Sport.

This time nothing from SJM and just the "we are comfortable" unattributed comment in response to national press reports that Anton is trying to unload his shares. A very different situation I think.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2013 16:59

Yeah, well I wouldn't expect anything from SJM now, given he's no longer in charge. I'd expect no more than the sort of low grade "everything's fine" response from the club we've had to what amounts to totally bassless spaculation.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 17:06

you dont know what bass this rumour has

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Oct 2013 17:11

Whatever happened to David Bass?

1288 posts