RFC supporters on Radio 5 Live this Thursday evening

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RFC supporters on Radio 5 Live this Thursday evening

by sandman » 16 Aug 2012 21:29

Can we please stop this jealousy bitching at STAR? It's getting really fcuking tedious now.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Aug 2012 21:30

That was one angry man :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Aug 2012 21:31

Well, I haven't heard the radio programme, but it does seem as though those who were featured didn't exactly cover themselves in glory judging by comments on here. Will be interested to hear the opinions of others too.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Aug 2012 21:32

sandman Can we please stop this jealousy bitching at STAR? It's getting really fcuking tedious now.

I don't think it's jealousy m8. :|

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 16 Aug 2012 21:33

Jealousy of STAR? What on earth are you talking about.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 16 Aug 2012 21:34

I like the fact there is a strong, family element to the club and the community work is great and I always argue against people who think its all about getting one over on the opposition and scuffles etc..

...but this kind of clappy idiots are embarrassing. Out of all 25 or so questions about 4 were good/sensible, 11 were genuine facepalms and 10 of them just managed to say something into a microphone without actually asking a clear question.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Aug 2012 21:36

What Rouge said.

I'd have liked to ask Brian if he could tell the media guys that we aren't total morons and that the reason that atmosphere is shit when we aren't playing well is because it's those games when the stewards come out enforce and shut down and semblence of an atmosphere and the police are constantly sticking cameras in our faces.

Then pretend it wasn't me on here.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 16 Aug 2012 21:40

I thought we came across well. There was a couple of daft answers from a young lad or two, but in the main it was alright.

Brian and Mick were good value as well.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 16 Aug 2012 21:45

I'd have liked to ask Brian if he could tell the media guys that we aren't total morons and that the reason that atmosphere is shit when we aren't playing well is because it's those games when the stewards come out enforce and shut down and semblence of an atmosphere and the police are constantly sticking cameras in our faces.

I think it's safe to say that Y25/26 will be different this year.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Aug 2012 22:29

It wasn't too bad actually. Panel were decent; never been much of a fan of Mick McCarthy in the past ("I never usually get applauded at Reading!") after daft comments he made about a certain spanner-related incident some years ago but he spoke candidly. Savage is hardly Gore Vidal but he does have passion and he knows his football, he also beautifully murked Murray - who himself hosted well - at the end. The worst panelist was Motson who has long since become a parody of himself and the Corporation should have put him out to pasture long ago and taken him off the licence fee payer's payroll.

Reading fans present? One or two interesting questions posed, some rather more banal ones too (mainly asked in that dopey-sounding Berkshire twang :lol: ) and generally despite Murray's attempts to goad them into making a chant or two they came across not too badly.....I don't know what some of you lot were expecting really; 'The Today Programme' perhaps? Particularly amused by the 'oh I knew it'd be embarassing' comments from those who coulnd't even be @rsed to listen! Tbh, the hand wringing on here about our own fans is ludicrous; I go to games as a neutral and genuinely you rarely come across many football fans anywhere who are likely to ever compete on Mastermind tbh :|
Last edited by floyd__streete on 16 Aug 2012 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Aug 2012 22:38

floyd__streete ..... I go to games as a neutral and genuinely you rarely come across many football fans anywhere who are likely to ever compete on Mastermind tbh :|

Speak for yourself!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Aug 2012 22:39

Alexander Litvinenko
floyd__streete ..... I go to games as a neutral and genuinely you rarely come across many football fans anywhere who are likely to ever compete on Mastermind tbh :|

Speak for yourself!

Remind us which is the highest ground above sea level? 8)

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 16 Aug 2012 23:04

floyd__streete It wasn't too bad actually. Panel were decent; never been much of a fan of Mick McCarthy in the past ("I never usually get applauded at Reading!") after daft comments he made about a certain spanner-related incident some years ago but he spoke candidly. Savage is hardly Gore Vidal but he does have passion and he knows his football, he also beautifully murked Murray - who himself hosted well - at the end. The worst panelist was Motson who has long since become a parody of himself and the Corporation should have put him out to pasture long ago and taken him off the licence fee payer's payroll.

Reading fans present? One or two interesting questions posed, some rather more banal ones too (mainly asked in that dopey-sounding Berkshire twang :lol: ) and generally despite Murray's attempts to goad them into making a chant or two they came across not too badly.....I don't know what some of you lot were expecting really; 'The Today Programme' perhaps? Particularly amused by the 'oh I knew it'd be embarassing' comments from those who coulnd't even be @rsed to listen! Tbh, the hand wringing on here about our own fans is ludicrous; I go to games as a neutral and genuinely you rarely come across many football fans anywhere who are likely to ever compete on Mastermind tbh :|

Well its all about opinion. The panel of 4 were good (I thought Motson made some good points as well) - what was I expecting? well more than a few good questions out of 20+ and slightly less facepalm questions. Not going to lose any sleep about it though.

plroyals

by plroyals » 16 Aug 2012 23:09

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 17 Aug 2012 06:19

Last night just confirmed my theory that 90% of our fans are idiots.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Aug 2012 07:12

Mick McCarthy was good value last night- He can't wait for the season to start and to see who get's sacked so he can get a job, brilliant!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Aug 2012 09:40

Compo's Hat Last night just confirmed my theory that 90% of our fans are idiots.

:roll:

No different to the fans of every club up and down the country.

Although they probably don't bitch and moan about it as much as you people do.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 17 Aug 2012 09:44

Can anyone find a link for this on iPlayer or somewhere? I can't seem to find it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 17 Aug 2012 10:15

floyd__streete
Alexander Litvinenko

Speak for yourself!

Remind us which is the highest ground above sea level? 8)

I'd quite like to know.

Moss Rose?

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 17 Aug 2012 10:16

Has to be midlands or black country team