New restrictions

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

New restrictions

by Fox Talbot » 15 Aug 2012 18:20

Just had an email from the club about the new restrictions.

The Upper Hotel Bar (Windsor Lounge) is no longer available to fans on match days. I thought these were 2 separate places but I presume it means we can't use the upstairs hotel because somebody new is willing to pay more. Anyone confirm?

There are restrictions on upgrading concession STs to 3 per season and at a fairly punitive price.

There are more expensive pies than before.

Jay o/

Re: New restrictions

by Jay o/ » 15 Aug 2012 19:14

I hope they've increased the cost of the lager. You can't put a price on good quality piss water.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 15 Aug 2012 19:45

Yeah, saw they're stopping access to upper bar. Bunch of f#cking tw#ts

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 15 Aug 2012 19:47

Not part of the hotel actually part of the conference centre.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 15 Aug 2012 20:59

If you have to miss a match (holidays, weddings etc) can you sell your season ticket seat back to the club for that one game, or does the seat just sit empty?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Aug 2012 09:00

Royal Prince If you have to miss a match (holidays, weddings etc) can you sell your season ticket seat back to the club for that one game, or does the seat just sit empty?

Just sits empty, unless you're pwoper norty and give it to a mate for that particular game....

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Aug 2012 09:11

It's not even being pwoper norty. The PL expects this to happen and show is as such in their survey.

There's only a rule about it in case anyone does it excessively or to make money out of it - but for informal, personal use amongst friends/family everyone knows the swapping of STs goes on and they'd never do anything about it unless someone starts to take the p*ss.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 16 Aug 2012 14:55

Royal Lady
Royal Prince If you have to miss a match (holidays, weddings etc) can you sell your season ticket seat back to the club for that one game, or does the seat just sit empty?

Just sits empty, unless you're pwoper norty and give it to a mate for that particular game....

Cheers RL, will see if Danny Dyer wants my seat for the game! :)

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 16 Aug 2012 17:59

Hotel's going to fcking rammed on match days now :evil:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Aug 2012 18:16

Za Vas Hotel's going to fcking rammed on match days now :evil:

Stay in town drinking and get a Taxi about 15 mins before KO - get in the ground just in time for KO.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 16 Aug 2012 19:29

Come from Henley way and drive in with my old man. We get a parking permit every year and share the driving duties between four of us. Used to sit in the hotel for an hour before and quite often after the game to let the traffic die down. What's the Jazz Cafe place like? I presume thats mental as well.

philM

by philM » 16 Aug 2012 19:38

Za Vas Come from Henley way and drive in with my old man. We get a parking permit every year and share the driving duties between four of us. Used to sit in the hotel for an hour before and quite often after the game to let the traffic die down. What's the Jazz Cafe place like? I presume thats mental as well.

Jazz Cafe is ok, two big screens and usually max 2-3 deep at the bar and reasonable number of staff. Sometimes have to queue for 5-10 mins to get in after about 45 mins prior to KO.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 16 Aug 2012 20:06

Cheers, may have to try it out round there.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 19 Aug 2012 20:49

They had a few people using the Windsor Lounge, whilst fans were queuing up outside and it tooks ages to get served if you were lucky to get into the hotel. Don't know which idiot thought this would be a good idea, but just shows the fans arent a priority for the club.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 19 Aug 2012 21:48

Bath Hoops They had a few people using the Windsor Lounge, whilst fans were queuing up outside and it tooks ages to get served if you were lucky to get into the hotel. Don't know which idiot thought this would be a good idea, but just shows the fans arent a priority for the club.

.... or rather it shows that the more that people play to the football club, the greater the priority they become.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 19 Aug 2012 22:10

Alexander Litvinenko
Bath Hoops They had a few people using the Windsor Lounge, whilst fans were queuing up outside and it tooks ages to get served if you were lucky to get into the hotel. Don't know which idiot thought this would be a good idea, but just shows the fans arent a priority for the club.

.... or rather it shows that the more that people play to the football club, the greater the priority they become.

I remember all those people running off after we were relegated from the Premiership, but the regular fans stuck in there. The club better hope they will stay up otherwise I suspect they will lose them again and fans who have had enough.

Cypry

by Cypry » 20 Aug 2012 09:17

The Upper bar was used for mascots & their families (my lad was a mascot Saturday so I was up there), some "suits" with table reservations and, for a period, Anton and his entourage....

Nobby

by Nobby » 20 Aug 2012 17:00

If that's all they're using it for they must have lost a lot of money in sales of their overpriced beer.

I saw the queue outside and decided that's the last time I'm bothering. Had a cheap coffee in Costco in the end but it p1ssed me off that even when you want to buy their pricey beer and let the traffic go, they won't let you.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 20 Aug 2012 18:23

Well this is the official reply I got back from them, says it all really dont know why I'm surprised. Just hope the corporate monkeys are there in the winter when we're back in the championship !

"Thank you for your email.

When we reached the Premier League, we expanded the amount of packages on offer within our Hospitality. When we were not in the Premier League not all of the rooms were in use, and our management team and guests had a room they could use.

Due to the increased packages, they have now been moved to the Windsor Lounge. This area will also be used for all hospitality guests as a bar area. This is the same situation as to when we were in the Premier League the first time.

I apologise for the disappointment that this has caused you and other supporters, and although I appreciate it is not a replacement for the Windsor bar we are currently keeping the North Stand concourse open after the match for supporters to have a drink.

Kind Regards

Paul Collins
Stadium & Customer Service Supervisor"

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 21 Aug 2012 12:49

This isn't true. The upstairs was open to fans last time we were in the Prem - though small parts of it were roped off.

Our valued support is rewarded by now having one fewer place to meet up and get a beer before the game.