What does Anton Zingarevich actually DO?

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What does Anton Zingarevich actually DO?

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Oct 2012 07:15

Sparta wrote: What did SJM actually do?

Only been a Reading fan for a short time Sparta making comments like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 23 Oct 2012 09:07

He's the majority shareholder and director. He does as much or as little as he wants to do.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 23 Oct 2012 09:11

JM was a showman and loved coming onto the pitch and milking the applause. Anton is a little more reserved. What we're used to against what we have now are two very different individuals and hence the feeling that AZ is doing nothing. They go about their business very differently.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 23 Oct 2012 09:28

I can't help but think he'd be down on the pitch milking it if we were playing well and up the right end of the league.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 23 Oct 2012 09:30

BraisingsteakRoyal I can't help but think he'd be down on the pitch milking it if we were playing well and up the right end of the league.

Would he though, would he?

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 23 Oct 2012 09:36

robinsfriday Would he though, would he?

I guess we'll never know.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 23 Oct 2012 09:41

BraisingsteakRoyal
robinsfriday Would he though, would he?

I guess we'll never know.

After our first win of the season (Wigan at home) he'll be on that pitch quicker than you can say "room service, there is a very attractive model in my bedroom rolling around naked in piles of money with Victoria Secret knickers in her mouth".

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2012 10:12

Archie's penalty I'd like to know. He doesn't say anything publicly, he hardly spends any money on the team. I believe it's time we started to ask the question if this takeover was actually good for the club or not. I miss Sir John!

who said alot publicly, and was generally castig8ed for it, and put even less money in..........

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2012 10:13

Archie's penalty
Lacoste As per my thread a few weeks back. Anton hasn't been very visible recently has he, not a word in fact.

He regrets it.

You know I'm beginning to think you're right.

was at liverpool, seemed happy enough

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2012 10:14

Ideal
windermere_royal
Archie's penalty I'd like to know. He doesn't say anything publicly, he hardly spends any money on the team. I believe it's time we started to ask the question if this takeover was actually good for the club or not. I miss Sir John!

The same sir John that put in feck all last time we went up you mean?

I seem to remember us spending about £5M..

And this year, with the super rich AZ, we spent.. oh.. £5M.

Oh dear! That's quite a conundrum.

when we went up, in 06/07 season, the entire team cost around 6 million
so im not sure how youve come up with that figure, apart from by making it up

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2012 10:15

Archie's penalty My point really was he didn't invest enough in the team in the summer. And he doesn't seem to be saying very much. I'd prefer a more vocal owner.

bought more players, of higher cost and quality in one transfer window, than i can ever remember.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Oct 2012 10:45

I think January will be a fairer time to crit AZ.

For now, Reading added a few to a team McD wanted to give the chance they'd earned to prove their capability.

Turns out that weighs in around the 'piss-poor' mark, so in January we'll ditch useless loyalty and build a better team.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 23 Oct 2012 11:06

I cant believe what drivel I read on these forums. Anton is going about things in the right way. He could if he wants spunk £40million on players, break up our Championship winning team & still get relegated. Therefore if we didnt go straight back up, we'd be in a boat with Portsmouth. West Ham have spent silly, as has Southampton. For West Ham it seems like it could be paying off, but for little old Southampton, it looks as if they are slipping back towards the Championship with us. If we are in with a shout of survival, I expect us to spend about £15million in January. Southampton however may have to delve back into their reserves. Did they not learn anything from their best friends down the South Coast?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 23 Oct 2012 11:11

Archie's penalty
Lacoste As per my thread a few weeks back. Anton hasn't been very visible recently has he, not a word in fact.

He regrets it.

what?! You do know hes making money out of Reading don't you? You do understand naming rights and sponsors bring revenue don't you? You do know increased ticket sales bring revenue don't you? You do know even getting relegated from the prem in terms of money is not a kick in the nuts don't you?

F*ck me some people are stupid

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 23 Oct 2012 11:26

Firstly, SJM is still the Chairman and Nigel Howe the CEO. If you have a pension, its probably got a few shares in tesco. This doesnt mean you have to turn up and stack the shelves, or indeed publicaly comment on why profits are not rising as quickly as last year. If Anton or Samuelson takover these roles, then you would be right to ask them on their day to running of the club.

Secondly, the above is not quite a fair parallel, as TSI is the majority shareholder. The legitmate question is what are their long term visions with that shareholding. This we know to be an expanded youth system, stadium, regional reach and premierleague football. If you are sceptical about these aims, and are asking what Anton does, his day to day job is to develop businesses for his Dad's US (bankrupt) green energy battery business. In his spare time he is managing an investment fund which is hoping to buy sports businesses, improve them, and presumably sell them for a massive profit.

If you feel the day to day running of the club is not goign to achieve these aims, its SJM, Nigel Howe, Nick Hammond and Brian you need to criticise, not the 51% shareholder whos explained his vision and left them to it.

Personally I'm delighted thats the way its working and that his only intervention so far was to help Brian land Pogrebnyak!

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 23 Oct 2012 11:34

sandman
Archie's penalty

He regrets it.

Get yourself down to the doctors surgery as soon as possible.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's twice in two days Sandman you've made me lol. Oh, and Archie's penalty, don't worry as Sir JM is still around and at the club.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 23 Oct 2012 12:21

Madejski wasn't in the papers every week. What exactly are some people expecting?

I like the fact Zingarevich works quietly in the back ground.

And it's far too early to be claiming he hasn't invested enough. Some people really need to get real!

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 23 Oct 2012 12:31

He has an understanding with McDermott about how visible and involved he should be with the first team. Part of that is that he won't be hanging around breathing down Brian's neck when things are going wrong because Brian works best when he is left to get on with the job. That's kinda common sense

If we string a couple of wins together and climb the table I'm sure you'll see a bit more of him.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 23 Oct 2012 12:44

Extended-Phenotype I think January will be a fairer time to crit AZ.

For now, Reading added a few to a team McD wanted to give the chance they'd earned to prove their capability.

Turns out that weighs in around the 'piss-poor' mark, so in January we'll ditch useless loyalty and build a better team.

Tbf this ^^^^ is probably where we are at the moment. Good post.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Oct 2012 13:57

Ideal
No, I did not make it up. However it turns out I was wrong, we spent MUCH MORE the last time we went up:

Emerse Fae £2.5M
Greg Halford £2.25M
Seol Ki-Hyeon £1.5M
Andre Bikey £1M
Sam Sodje £350K
Total £7.6M

This year we spent only £5M on transfer fees.
It turns out that last time WE SPENT 52% MORE on transfer fees.

So all you airheads who complained about JM's perceived lack of ambition can eat it, and all you buffoons who are now saying that "AZ is full of ambition" (mostly the same people) can STICK IT where the sun don't shine.

AZ/TSI gravy train? I DON'T THINK SO.

Some of those players were bought in January, and Fae was bought the august before our second season :|
Last edited by ZacNaloen on 23 Oct 2012 13:59, edited 1 time in total.