GET RID OF THE GOAL MUSIC!!! PLEASE!!

ruprecht

Re: GET RID OF THE GOAL MUSIC!!! PLEASE!!

by ruprecht » 02 Feb 2013 23:59

You just have to accept that the Stadium is a complete mongfest these days. I find the best way to cope with it is to
quaff as many fosters before kick off as is possible, attach some white and blue ribbons to my headstick and march on in.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Feb 2013 00:00

Fosters

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 03 Feb 2013 00:05

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 03 Feb 2013 15:58

HATE the goal music but can put up with it.
HATE the drummer but can put up with it.
HATE the band and I really cannot put up with that. Fecking hate the brass band. They've ruined an even shitter atmosphere.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Feb 2013 21:30

UpThePrem
Ian Royal
paultheroyal
Not ignoring you, far from it. I observed with my own eyes and it is what it is.

Amazing how you can judge other people's motivation and intention, whilst jumping up and down, celebrating a goal to music. Psychic multi-tasker.

Think the same applies to both of you guessing what peoples emotions are. The musics here to stay so we'll have to put up with it.

I'm not saying it isn't 90% or 4/5ths. I'm saying he can't know it is. And I'm basing it on my experiences. I'm sure I look like I'm joining in from a distance, but I've only done it half a dozen times out of scores of games I've been to since we started using it. Normally I'm just jumping up and down and shouting waiving my arms.. nothing to do with the music.

I agree the music is here to stay and I do put up with it. It's clear plenty of people do either like it, or join in anyway.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Feb 2013 09:37

madreadingfan HATE the goal music but can put up with it.
HATE the drummer but can put up with it.
HATE the band and I really cannot put up with that. Fecking hate the brass band. They've ruined an even shitter atmosphere.

To be fair, I don't think I ever really hear or notice the brass band. Still an embarrassment. Drummer, meh, goal music, it's grown on me. Although it's not a shade on Fleetwood Town and their Captain Pugwash theme music....

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Feb 2013 18:26

Ian Royal
paultheroyal
Ian Royal Ok, repeat away, totally ignoring what I said.

Not ignoring you, far from it. I observed with my own eyes and it is what it is.

Amazing how you can judge other people's motivation and intention, whilst jumping up and down, celebrating a goal to music. Psychic multi-tasker.

Maybe I can help you.

Just watch and see. We score, the crowd goes mental and celebrations begin to fade, the music starts and people join in. It is as clear as it can be, there IS a response to the music that is separate from the normal celebration.

Does that clarify things?i :?:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2013 18:35

Perhaps we should change the goal music and have them play a recording of 'Bill Oddie'

Would be original and great fun to see 20,000+ jumping up and down and joining in with that! Would almost make the PA goal celebrations excusable.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 07 Feb 2013 18:42

Superficial Atmosphere.......Yuk :( It's just shit.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Feb 2013 18:58

Royalclapper Superficial Atmosphere.......Yuk :( It's just shit.

Really?

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 07 Feb 2013 19:55

Couldn't give a damm about the music....too busy enjoying myself

what really gives me the ache is that I can't leave my seat once the half time whistle blows, go down, queue up for one cup of tepid Bovril and not get back to my seat before the players come out. Must be the slowest service in the whole Prem.

So get rid of the caterers not the music. PS wrong thread I know but ......

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Feb 2013 20:08

Just out of interest, how many of you moaning about the band, drummer and goal music have actually written to make your grievance official?

There's absolutely no point moaning on here. Write an email and send it to the club and if you want something to change, do it numbers!

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Feb 2013 20:12

If the band was a fully fledged, American College football band, then yes. It just sounds like 3 guys with trumpets on the TV, playing the same song over and over.

If anyone knows one of the three amigos, please ask them that Mike Hunt wants them to play "Ants go Marching".

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 08 Feb 2013 15:29

Rumpole EDIT: As this is an open part of the forum that can be accessed without logging in, I should probably stress that the latter part of my comment above was a joke.

:lol:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 08 Feb 2013 16:03

Chill pills chaps, if you worry about little things like this then you really should chill out.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 09 Feb 2013 11:39

windermere_royal Chill pills chaps, if you worry about little things like this then you really should chill out.

fair

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 09 Feb 2013 11:42

I don't mind goal music as such, but the goal music we have now is absolutely oxf*rd terrible. I mean absolutely oxf*rd holy shit oxf*rd twating oxf*rd terrible. I cringe every time I hear it. God knows what the away fans must think of it. Anybody who actually dances looks like a complete spastic and should be shot. The brass band can oxf*rd off, what do they think this is? Some sort of fête? A day trip for old people? Fak off....

This club makes me sick sometimes. Really oxf*rd sick. oxf*rd plastic handclapper-using cunts.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 09 Feb 2013 19:24

And Breathe..................................................

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Feb 2013 12:07

blueroyals I don't mind goal music as such, but the goal music we have now is absolutely oxf*rd terrible. I mean absolutely oxf*rd holy shit oxf*rd twating oxf*rd terrible. I cringe every time I hear it. God knows what the away fans must think of it. Anybody who actually dances looks like a complete spastic and should be shot. The brass band can oxf*rd off, what do they think this is? Some sort of fête? A day trip for old people? Fak off....

This club makes me sick sometimes. Really oxf*rd sick. oxf*rd plastic handclapper-using cunts.

Then you could always go to another club that didn't achieve this level of nausea for you. That would leave the rest of us to get on and enjoy continuing to support Reading.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 11 Feb 2013 11:42

I'm not really arsed. I do think we were better off with Tom Hark than the darts music though. Strange choice.