Best Place To Park

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Retroroyal

Best Place To Park

by Retroroyal » 05 Mar 2013 18:31

Back to old blighty after years of working abroad. Can I still park close to the Stadium in one of the side streets? Waverly Road was always a good bet for a late arrival. I will be driving via the Oxford Road from the A417 to Streatly, the "Rose and Crown" at Basildon was an old favourate refreshment stop, can you recommend any other pubs that do a hearty snack for a 22 stone old git.
Regards Graham.

Divvy

Re: Best Place To Park

by Divvy » 05 Mar 2013 19:21

Yes Waverley Road is still very good for match day parking. Also Tilehurst Road has eased up a bit.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 05 Mar 2013 21:04

The Crown in Lower Basildon is long gone, It's now this http://www.tamarindtree.biz/html/home.html

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 05 Mar 2013 21:57

Why not have a beer at the Royals Rendezvous?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Mar 2013 00:43

It depends how early you want to get to the match but I park near Gillette Way and walk up. The only issue is that there is never a fast getaway post match.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 06 Mar 2013 16:47

Personally I recommend the park & ride in Honey End Lane although sometimes it is quicker to walk across Prospect Park rather than get on the bus.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Mar 2013 09:16

Retroroyal Back to old blighty after years of working abroad. Can I still park close to the Stadium in one of the side streets? Waverly Road was always a good bet for a late arrival. I will be driving via the Oxford Road from the A417 to Streatly, the "Rose and Crown" at Basildon was an old favourate refreshment stop, can you recommend any other pubs that do a hearty snack for a 22 stone old git.
Regards Graham.

The entrance to our stadium has moved now so it might be a bit of a walk from Waverly Road :D

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 08 Mar 2013 12:56

Elm Park Kid
Retroroyal Back to old blighty after years of working abroad. Can I still park close to the Stadium in one of the side streets? Waverly Road was always a good bet for a late arrival. I will be driving via the Oxford Road from the A417 to Streatly, the "Rose and Crown" at Basildon was an old favourate refreshment stop, can you recommend any other pubs that do a hearty snack for a 22 stone old git.
Regards Graham.

The entrance to our stadium has moved now so it might be a bit of a walk from Waverly Road :D

Yep, Liebenrood Road would definitely be closer.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Mar 2013 10:08

:shock:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 09 Mar 2013 12:52

royalexile It depends how early you want to get to the match but I park near Gillette Way and walk up. The only issue is that there is never a fast getaway post match.

... but there's far fewer spaces along there now than there used to be :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: - was my regular spot too -

- revenue by 'stealth' - the changes down there of late, have seen the lines creep a lot further up towards the PO Parcels Place and they now run all the way down opposite the Morrisons/Petrol Station as far as the Bingo - no idea where all they 'gert' big foreign Lorries park now on Sat PMs.

I'd assumed the Lines were painted anew earlier this season and probably as a result of the Bus Company requesting same so their little Kennet Island Buses can get up and down Gillette Way - often used to see them stuck along there where people had blocked the route through by parking opposite the Lorries.

So usually now park in Morrisons for Sat games and this season for evening KOs have had to find a space somewhere down Boulton Rd. :|
- I'm sure I saw some poor sap get 'bollarded' :shock: in the Rose Kiln La Retail Park (Laura Ashley/PC World/Halfords etc one) after an evening game (Chelsea I think). He was on the phone trying get someone to get the barrier lowered - actually think if you've got a car with a high enough clearance there's just enough room between the posts to brave the kerb down the Morrisons end to get out onto Gillette Way - wouldn't try it the from other direction though; probably not worth wrecking your suspension for the sake of a bit of a longer walk :?

Blue Jay

by Blue Jay » 14 Mar 2013 09:43

See you in The Spread Eagle for a beer with Boris?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 11:42

loads of parking along the road through whitley
never had a problem getting a space with an hour to spare
cars always been there with al its wheels when i got back
its easy to get away from too

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 14 Mar 2013 14:59

As of this week, there's now one extra space really close to the ground.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Mar 2013 16:22

I applaud you embracing the car sharing option.

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1