Peterborough - refund the fans?

Should the fans that travelled to the game get their ticket refunded by Reading?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 91
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Peterborough - refund the fans?

by LoyalRoyal22 » 28 Aug 2013 22:49

Nah. Do not see why anybody bothered going, its their problem.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 28 Aug 2013 23:00

I think they should get their money back, on the proviso that they sign a legally binding document stating that they can never use the game for "I was there the night we..." purposes in any "I'm a better fan than you" disputes on HNA.

royaltxd

by royaltxd » 28 Aug 2013 23:01

I went and I don't want or expect a refund. As its already been said, i paid for a game of football.

The players can repay me with a performance when I travel to Yeovil on Saturday.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 29 Aug 2013 00:15

Nope, as said, it's the luck of the draw with how a game is.

And, tbh, the ticket price is relatively small in comparison with the time spent and the cost of travel.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2013 08:32

I would normally say no but this was an 'exceptional performance' in all of the wrong senses. From the media reports and those of supporters who were there, this was an utterly inept and completely spineless performance, to an extent that hasn't been seen from a Reading team for very many years. The travelling supporters who gave up time and hard-earned cash to support the team deserved far better than that. I am sure they would have all accepted that a defeat was just one of those things and the occupational hazard of being a football supporter. However, from all reports, this was not just an ordinary defeat, it was a complete capitulation and that is not acceptable from any team.

Feds was quick to apologise on behalf of the team but if club officials won't do anything then he should get around the players to start something off. If refunding supporters is 'too difficult' then I am pretty sure those supporters would appreciate an alternative gesture e.g. a decent contribution to a footballing related, or other, charity by means of reinforcing the apology for the what the supporters had to endure at the hands of the 'team' that took to the field on Tuesday night.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 29 Aug 2013 08:48

FFS what next - counselling sessions, a Facebook group for the survivors of Peterborough!

I for one applaud the comedic entertainment offered on Tuesday. It's been a long time since RFC fans have had the chance to see such fantastic ineptitude. Younger supporters would have no idea what caused older supporters to shudder at the mention of Burns or Bullivant. Older supporters could smile and remember when this sort of thing happened in divisions three and four.

That is what it is like when your team is absolute sh*te and has no pride whatsoever. Remember it and treasure it and hope that this is an aberration, a nightmare, a hope like hell that it is a one off performance on the road to glory in the championship.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Aug 2013 09:42

The Quiet Man wrote: Remember it and treasure it and hope that this is an aberration, a nightmare, a hope like hell that it is a one off performance on the road to glory in the championship.

They will still be talking about it on HNA in year to come!!!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 29 Aug 2013 11:29

handbags_harris What a load of f*cking sh*t, the question shouldn't even be asked. When you pay to watch a game of football you buy into the fact that absolutely anything can happen. Just because the club your allegiance is held with is involved doesn't mean you should be offered a refund if they happen to play sh*t. There are so many clubs that play shit and get spanked, but refund? Really...? :|

I understand and probably agree with most of that HH, but given that it's (hopefully) a one-off utter shambles something like putting on free coaches wouldn't be the worst PR or gesture. I don't think they should get full ticket money back but a gesture from the squad wouldn't be ridiculous to me.

Again, nothing to say they SHOULD do it, but it would be a nice gesture.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 29 Aug 2013 13:25

I'd be happy if somebody offered me my £20 back, but given I put a bet on more than 5.5 goals after they scored their second, at 7/2, I won it back anyway when the sixth went in.

My recent record reads:

Peterborough 6-0 Reading
Reading 0-0 QPR (Relegated)
Reading 0-0 Swansea
Reading 4-7 Arsenal

Anybody want to give me money to not go in the first place?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Aug 2013 13:30

Maybe you should stop going to cup games

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 29 Aug 2013 13:32

Silver Fox Maybe you should stop going to cup games

Yeah, for my own sake..

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 29 Aug 2013 13:33

It was the girlfriend's first ever football match. At least she knows it won't get much worse than that.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Aug 2013 13:37

When Wigan lost 9-1 the players paid the refund. Let's face it 5 grand between 10 players I would let Feds off. Would not hurt them.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Aug 2013 13:50

Not many on here would admit to being a glory hunter but isn't asking for your money back, albeit in a tongue in cheek way in most cases, tantamount to the same thing :?:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Aug 2013 16:37

Wimb I understand and probably agree with most of that HH, but given that it's (hopefully) a one-off utter shambles something like putting on free coaches wouldn't be the worst PR or gesture. I don't think they should get full ticket money back but a gesture from the squad wouldn't be ridiculous to me.

For the poor sods who endured the game the prospect of an enforced coach trip to a future game hardly seems like a 'nice' gesture. Even if it was free.

As has been said, the best way of making up for this performance is for the next 11 players who wear the hoops to rip the opposition into equally small pieces.
Afterall, a decent win on Saturday and Peterborough won't really be an issue any more....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Aug 2013 16:46

Nameless
Wimb I understand and probably agree with most of that HH, but given that it's (hopefully) a one-off utter shambles something like putting on free coaches wouldn't be the worst PR or gesture. I don't think they should get full ticket money back but a gesture from the squad wouldn't be ridiculous to me.

For the poor sods who endured the game the prospect of an enforced coach trip to a future game hardly seems like a 'nice' gesture. Even if it was free.

As has been said, the best way of making up for this performance is for the next 11 players who wear the hoops to rip the opposition into equally small pieces.
Afterall, a decent win on Saturday and Peterborough won't really be an issue any more....

Are you going to change your username, or do you wish to remain Nameless?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 29 Aug 2013 19:44

Maybe if we win convincingly we should start charging hindsight payments too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2013 19:46

I suggest the morons who voted 'yes' take a look at the views of those who actually went, who pretty much to a man have said that it's a stupid suggestion.

And for what it's worth. I had a oxf*rd great time at the game, despite the result. And despite nearly getting in a fight with about 10 pissed up Posh lads on the way there.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2013 22:13

Ian Royal I suggest the morons who voted 'yes' take a look at the views of those who actually went, who pretty much to a man have said that it's a stupid suggestion.

And for what it's worth. I had a oxf*rd great time at the game, despite the result. And despite nearly getting in a fight with about 10 pissed up Posh lads on the way there.

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a moron! :roll:

That's a pretty moronic stance to adopt if I might say so!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 Aug 2013 22:17

Personally....

I'm against refunds for matches. I agree with others, you pay for a game of football and that's it. If you lose 20-nil then so be it. There is something to be said for players performing like drunk kittens but that's the risk you take. I do think there should be some acknowledgement of a poor performance but not a refund.

INSTEAD, I would love to see more "Free travel" to away games. Some clubs, I think stoke? have offered it. I know it's coach but it would boost away attendance.

I think a far more proactive and rewarding scheme needs to be in place.

For example, Free travel to Boro. Why not? It's gonna cost the club £2k or something? That figure may be waaaaayyy of the mark, but either way, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.