Season tickets to increase in price

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Season tickets to increase in price

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 04 Sep 2013 15:27

Following the disappointment in the transfer window by fans, RFC are considering new ST prices for next season already.

Basically they have had a look and decided that the Upper West should be nearer £800 a season, and the Lower West nearer £600, with no concessions, similar to Chelsea.

The central blocks in the East, where fans dont get wet could be increased to £550 for renewals, with no single seats left between ST holders. Non popular areas to remain the same price as now.

Similar in the North where the front blocks and the edge areas could be less, than the most popular central blocks, but this could be the bargain stand, with concessions available for £100/£150, and the better seats full price ST around £300.

The maths suggests that this could increase sales by approximately £3mill, enough to cover the wages of two average players at this level.

Discuss

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season tickets to increase in price

by Green » 04 Sep 2013 15:43

I'm sure they are considering prices for next season already but they've nothing to gain by announcing them now.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2013 15:53

Sounds crazy.

Simple issues like making the North Stand seats almost half the price of the East would not work when the majority of those seats are already taken by ST. You would effectively give a couple of thousand people built in cheaper seats because everyone would renew and no one would go on sale to new buyers.

No concessions in the Lower West would be a shocking move, many families and pensioners sit there and they would be driven out.

Not sure about the central blocks in the East being the 'dry' blocks. Surely it's a front / back thing rather than a centre / end ? And the Y26 end is just as popular as the centre anyway.

If the question is 'would we accept higher prices to pay for a couple of players' then personally the answer is no, and seeing the question being posed by someone who thinks prices are already over the top is interesting.

I could see the club looking at all pricing options, but not these ones (assuming Championship football) and not this early in the season.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 04 Sep 2013 18:34

If season tickets go up next season then me and my two are out. The Championship isn't worth any more than we're already paying!

Luckily the OP is talking absolute nonsense!

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 04 Sep 2013 19:36

Why would the ticket prices go up after relegation to Division One

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 04 Sep 2013 22:38

Never understood why the West Stand is more expensive. Why pay more money for a shit(ter) atmosphere?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Sep 2013 23:52

Royal Monk Why would the ticket prices go up after relegation to Division One

Swindon charge £25 for league fixtures. :shock:

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 05 Sep 2013 08:26

I may be wrong but I think the point is if you are asking for more money to be spent are you willing to add your share?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Sep 2013 08:32

I doubt that the OP has any actual inside information and is just speculating.

If we're in the Championship still next year i think there's no chance of what you're suggesting happening. To suddenly tell a large section of season ticket holders that their price is going up by 33%-75% would be PR suicide and would almost certainly reduce numbers to close to 10,000. If we go up then I agree that they may decide to readjust prices depending on area as they do struggle to sell seats in the 'worse' section and that must impact their match day sales.

On a wider issue - if by doing this we could raise some extra money (I think £2m is more realistic when you consider VAT) would it actually be worth it? If you offered the fans the choice of having an extra striker (that we'd have to get in on a free) or not increasing season ticket prices I'm sure I'd know what the answer would be. But then who cares about the fans eh . . . . . .

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 10:13

westendgirl I may be wrong but I think the point is if you are asking for more money to be spent are you willing to add your share?

Perhaps it would have been better to propose an across the board 25% hike in prices with the increase put aside for transfer fees. The proposals as suggested don't obviously raise much revenue and are very unfair.
With parachute payments there really should be no needfor big price hikes anyway

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 11:39

That might be ok for you Sky / CM generation but for many fans there is more to it than just wins / draws/ defeats

I'd pay more to watch us draw 3-3 with Watford than to watch the Yeovil game every week

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Sep 2013 12:35

Harpers So Solid Crew Following the disappointment in the transfer window by fans, RFC are considering new ST prices for next season already.

Basically they have had a look and decided that the Upper West should be nearer £800 a season, and the Lower West nearer £600, with no concessions, similar to Chelsea.

The central blocks in the East, where fans dont get wet could be increased to £550 for renewals, with no single seats left between ST holders. Non popular areas to remain the same price as now.

Similar in the North where the front blocks and the edge areas could be less, than the most popular central blocks, but this could be the bargain stand, with concessions available for £100/£150, and the better seats full price ST around £300.

The maths suggests that this could increase sales by approximately £3mill, enough to cover the wages of two average players at this level.

Discuss

How does nonsense like this stay on the board? It's clearly a fishing trip.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 12:57

Tokyo Sex Whale Ah yes, but that's a very short term view. Many yeovils would get us to the prem, many watfords would get us relegated.

So you'd be happy to pay more to be relegated to div 1, than promoted to the prem?

What a massively stupid comeback !
Playing like we did against Watford would not get us relegated any more than 46 performances like Yeovil would get us promoted.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 05 Sep 2013 12:59

Never understood why the West Stand is more expensive. Why pay more money for a shit(ter) atmosphere?

So you don't have to mingle with spotty 12 year olds trying to act hard?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 13:38

I don't think you've got your logic sorted Mr Whale !
No one would want to get relegated after 46 exciting draws but then that wouldn't happen. I was pointing out that your suggestion that we should pay more for wins than draws was daft because there is more to the game than that. If you think it is just about wins then you are missing the point. Of course winning is important over the course of a season but on a one off basis give me the Watford, Arsenal, man utd, Spurs games every so often and I'd pay a premium rather than horrid 1-0 wins.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 14:45

Tokyo Sex Whale So when you said...

"I'd pay more to watch us draw 3-3 with Watford than to watch the Yeovil game every week"

You didn't mean every week? Because in your last post you're talking about "one offs" which isn't every week, is it?

If you meant "I would pay more to watch us play an entertaining brand of football and win, which in turn may mean we got the odd 3-3 as opposed to being bored and winning us win 1-0 every week" I would understand, and agree. But that's not what you said, is it?

There's a clever name for the sort of 'arguement' you are trying to construct, but I can't think what it is !
The point at issue here is whether ticket prices should/could be based purely on results. I think it would be ignoring the fact that there can be tedious wins, brilliant draws and exciting defeats. Your suggested pricing ignores that and if it led to more Yeovil style games and fewer Watford ones then it would be a bad thing IMO.
Trying to suggest that means I'd rather us draw every game is a weak suggestion and irrelevant to the original point. I want us to win exciting games and if we lose or draw them sometimes then that's ok

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2013 14:46

Nameless
Tokyo Sex Whale So when you said...

"I'd pay more to watch us draw 3-3 with Watford than to watch the Yeovil game every week"

You didn't mean every week? Because in your last post you're talking about "one offs" which isn't every week, is it?

If you meant "I would pay more to watch us play an entertaining brand of football and win, which in turn may mean we got the odd 3-3 as opposed to being bored and winning us win 1-0 every week" I would understand, and agree. But that's not what you said, is it?

There's a clever name for the sort of 'arguement' you are trying to construct, but I can't think what it is !

Probably couldn't spell it anyway :wink:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 15:23

Green Probably couldn't spell it anyway :wink:

fair point !
Although if I could remember what is was I'd have a chance of knowing if I can spell it !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 17:28

Having thought about it I'm pretty sure it was a pointless idea in the first place, your subsequent ramblings haven't added anything and we've both wasted several seconds of our life on a complete dead end

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2013 17:31

I think you'd fit on over at AE, nameless
http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=18