New Training Ground

311 posts
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Training Ground

by paddy20 » 01 Jul 2019 09:12

Nameless
paddy20 RFC still own the lake. They want to keep it to make the place look nice.

Bit hard to sell the lake ! Would the buyer collect or you would deliver ?

There was an interested party

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 01 Jul 2019 18:07

paddy20
Nameless
paddy20 RFC still own the lake. They want to keep it to make the place look nice.

Cue fish puns...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Jul 2019 11:54

Singing Defective
paddy20
Nameless

Cue fish puns...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jul 2019 15:39

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2019 15:52

looks lovely. very nice facility and huge pat on the back for the owners making it happen

Very brave letting a bunch of teenagers loose on it though

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jul 2019 10:12

"And for our owner, Mr Dai, this already represents a £50m plus project" :shock:

this should stop the negativity around the owners surely. But i'm sure it won't.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2019 13:04

Would be really nice if there was a way fans could get to see Bearwood for ourselves. Access to some of the age group games would be nice. I understand issues with security meant they really tightened up access at Hogwood but it seems a shame to have such a great facility and it be completely off limits to supporters. The old days of popping up to Sonning to watch training were excellent.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2019 13:08

Nameless Would be really nice if there was a way fans could get to see Bearwood for ourselves. Access to some of the age group games would be nice. I understand issues with security meant they really tightened up access at Hogwood but it seems a shame to have such a great facility and it be completely off limits to supporters. The old days of popping up to Sonning to watch training were excellent.

There could be a possibility of a type of open day when it is fully finished?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Jul 2019 16:10

Nameless Would be really nice if there was a way fans could get to see Bearwood for ourselves. Access to some of the age group games would be nice. I understand issues with security meant they really tightened up access at Hogwood but it seems a shame to have such a great facility and it be completely off limits to supporters. The old days of popping up to Sonning to watch training were excellent.

All category one academies are off limits. It is like Fort Knox trying to get into any of them unless you have connections with someone who needs to be there.

There are some incredible facilities around the country.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2019 17:52

paultheroyal

All category one academies are off limits. It is like Fort Knox trying to get into any of them unless you have connections with someone who needs to be there.

It would not have been hard to put the security between one pitch and the rest of the facility to allow people to attend some games. We ought to be able to see the future of the club playing more often. In fact I think Cat 1 academies should be required to make more games accessible.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2019 17:55

WoodleyRoyal "And for our owner, Mr Dai, this already represents a £50m plus project" :shock:

this should stop the negativity around the owners surely. But i'm sure it won't.

I really don’t understand the negativity towards our owners. They have done a lot of good stuff. They deserve credit not criticism.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 08 Jul 2019 22:36

Zip
WoodleyRoyal "And for our owner, Mr Dai, this already represents a £50m plus project" :shock:

I really don’t understand the negativity towards our owners. They have done a lot of good stuff. They deserve credit not criticism.

These owners are investing and want to invest on a much larger scale, but they need the freedom to do so. Getting our house back in order is the start. The EFL apparently looking at altering their FFP guidelines so that will enable us to be more ambitious, but also others.

If we got back to the Premier League then you’d see big spending. Not in the silly sense but in a way we haven’t seen us do so yet to help keep us in that league. The restraints would be lifted.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2019 06:52

Zip

They aren't buying our way to success fast enough for many and don't put out a media interview every fortnight explaining every decision and exactly what's coming... that's what it seems to take for some, even when the team is doing well, let alone when it's struggling.

elrey

by elrey » 09 Jul 2019 07:10

I live in China. A Chinese owner will always have negativity surrounding him because he's a Chinese boss, and Chinese bosses are AWFUL. I mean, I've worked for quite a few Chinese bosses and in general they lack management skills, people skills, knowledge of what they're doing, and desire to make things better.

What they have in abundance is uselessness.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2019 09:13

elrey

I live in China. A Chinese owner will always have negativity surrounding him because he's a Chinese boss, and Chinese bosses are AWFUL. I mean, I've worked for quite a few Chinese bosses and in general they lack management skills, people skills, knowledge of what they're doing, and desire to make things better.

What a strange post...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2019 09:38

Nameless
paultheroyal

It would not have been hard to put the security between one pitch and the rest of the facility to allow people to attend some games. We ought to be able to see the future of the club playing more often. In fact I think Cat 1 academies should be required to make more games accessible.

Having said that, the games I attend weekly, it is just a case of walking in there, often signing a sheet, no other checks are carried out.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 09 Jul 2019 12:13

paultheroyal
Nameless
paultheroyal

Having said that, the games I attend weekly, it is just a case of walking in there, often signing a sheet, no other checks are carried out.

Reading through the planning documents, it sounds like access to the opposition teams, fans etc will be slightly easier at Bearwood. There's a separate entrance, parking, security lodge and café to the north of the site, plus their own dressing room.

RFC players and staff will use the south lodge entrance and looking at the plans all the sensitive areas will be well away from the 'away' zone. That said the first team pitch with undersoil heating, where they did the unveiling last week, is pretty visible from Mole (or indeed Elland) Road.

elrey

by elrey » 11 Jul 2019 05:57

WoodleyRoyal
elrey

What a strange post...

Why is it strange? There's negativity around the Chinese owners. I'm replying to someone who said this and giving reasons why I think that this negativity will never go away.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Jul 2019 06:47

I'd like to think that considering one of our owners has lived and run companies in Britain for nearly 30 years and has British citizenship, that such stereotypes might not be applicable.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2019 07:33

elrey
WoodleyRoyal
elrey

What a strange post...

Why is it strange? There's negativity around the Chinese owners. I'm replying to someone who said this and giving reasons why I think that this negativity will never go away.

Except you have compared two different things. We have Chinese owners, they employ the likes of Nigel Howe to do the managing. Just because your middle manager Chinese bosses were a bit clueless (and I suspect we could all cite examples of rubbish English bosses) doesn’t mean successful Chinese entrepreneurs will be equally rubbish.
As for negativity around the owners, surely that is history now and there is a pretty positive view of them these days. I doubt any of it was based on what middle management is like in China and was actually more about English bias and perception and a desire for anyowner just to spend huge sums of money.

311 posts