paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New Training Ground

by paultheroyal » 11 Jul 2019 14:07

Whore Jackie
paultheroyal
Nameless
It would not have been hard to put the security between one pitch and the rest of the facility to allow people to attend some games. We ought to be able to see the future of the club playing more often. In fact I think Cat 1 academies should be required to make more games accessible.

Having said that, the games I attend weekly, it is just a case of walking in there, often signing a sheet, no other checks are carried out.

Reading through the planning documents, it sounds like access to the opposition teams, fans etc will be slightly easier at Bearwood. There's a separate entrance, parking, security lodge and café to the north of the site, plus their own dressing room.

RFC players and staff will use the south lodge entrance and looking at the plans all the sensitive areas will be well away from the 'away' zone. That said the first team pitch with undersoil heating, where they did the unveiling last week, is pretty visible from Mole (or indeed Elland) Road.

That's certainly a different way of doing things. All over academies are one way in one way out. Anyone know of plans for a dome to be going in? That to me is what appears to be missing. The ones at Southampton, Spurs, Chelsea are world class. Certainly the younger kids need this facility.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2019 14:56

IIRC the Dome will be at Forest School. Presumably either because it would be too big to meet planning requirements at Bearwood or to make it more accessible as a community facility.
The existing dome would have gone when REP was built so presumably will stay in place until that actually happens

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jul 2019 15:05

Real shame they have not made the plans to make this the centre piece of the facility. After being at Hogwood etc I am surprised they have maintained their Category 1 status for so long.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Jul 2019 15:09

paultheroyal
Whore Jackie
paultheroyal
Having said that, the games I attend weekly, it is just a case of walking in there, often signing a sheet, no other checks are carried out.

Reading through the planning documents, it sounds like access to the opposition teams, fans etc will be slightly easier at Bearwood. There's a separate entrance, parking, security lodge and café to the north of the site, plus their own dressing room.

RFC players and staff will use the south lodge entrance and looking at the plans all the sensitive areas will be well away from the 'away' zone. That said the first team pitch with undersoil heating, where they did the unveiling last week, is pretty visible from Mole (or indeed Elland) Road.

That's certainly a different way of doing things. All over academies are one way in one way out. Anyone know of plans for a dome to be going in? That to me is what appears to be missing. The ones at Southampton, Spurs, Chelsea are world class. Certainly the younger kids need this facility.

Was going to be at Forrest school in Winnersh was it not? https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/15 ... -winnersh/

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jul 2019 15:13

WoodleyRoyal
paultheroyal
Whore Jackie

Was going to be at Forrest school in Winnersh was it not? https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/15 ... -winnersh/

Similar setup to what QPR have over at Heston. For me, and I know it costs money, just feel they missed a trick to create a real centre piece.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Jul 2019 15:19

paultheroyal
WoodleyRoyal
paultheroyal

Similar setup to what QPR have over at Heston. For me, and I know it costs money, just feel they missed a trick to create a real centre piece.

Well i don't know if this is still the plan, was it ever built? anyone know? this was back in 2017. Maybe they changed their mind and think the best place is indeed at bearwood.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2019 16:18

paultheroyal
WoodleyRoyal
paultheroyal

But it the planners wouldn't have allowed it then there is no trick to miss...
Wasn't it a real battle to get permission to build what they have so to ask to put what is effectively a warehouse on the site might just have been an impossibility.
They are putting more facilities in I believe, but presumably restricted height and size ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jul 2019 16:30

Nameless
paultheroyal
WoodleyRoyal

Wasn't it a real battle to get permission to build what they have so to ask to put what is effectively a warehouse on the site might just have been an impossibility.
They are putting more facilities in I believe, but presumably restricted height and size ?

Don’t need to be a warehouse. Saints is a space age dome I give you that but Chelsea and certainly Spurs is integral to their site with offices, changing rooms, spectator facilities making it a wonderful facility.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Jul 2019 17:44

paultheroyal
Nameless
paultheroyal

Don’t need to be a warehouse. Saints is a space age dome I give you that but Chelsea and certainly Spurs is integral to their site with offices, changing rooms, spectator facilities making it a wonderful facility.

The plan is for it still to be at The Forest School but the contractual negotiations between the school and RFC have taken quite a long time to sort out. The last I heard was that it was very close to being a signed deal. Planning permission is in place. I would expect building work to start within the next few months.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2019 21:38

paultheroyal
Nameless
paultheroyal

It needs to be warehouse size and possibly the planning in the other areas has allowed a big building to be erected. However nice an idea it might be to have an indoor pitch on site if the planning conditions don’t allow it then it’s not an option. And if by having it at Forest it’s available to others outside the club then that’s good too.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 12 Jul 2019 09:01

There's going to be two domes as far as I can tell. One at The Forest, which I suspect will be the more public-friendly, community based. And probably a bit of sweetener for the school, for looking after their Academy kids. Planning was granted some time ago, but it's taking forever to get going.

The other one is going to be at Bearwood, to the far south of the site. On the last plan I saw, it was going next to the beautiful walled garden, which they're busy restoring. They're going to try and blend it in with the other original surrounding buildings, so it's going to look more like a wooden barn, rather than an inflatable igloo.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 09:15

Whore Jackie There's going to be two domes as far as I can tell. One at The Forest, which I suspect will be the more public-friendly, community based. And probably a bit of sweetener for the school, for looking after their Academy kids. Planning was granted some time ago, but it's taking forever to get going.

The other one is going to be at Bearwood, to the far south of the site. On the last plan I saw, it was going next to the beautiful walled garden, which they're busy restoring. They're going to try and blend it in with the other original surrounding buildings, so it's going to look more like a wooden barn, rather than an inflatable igloo.

That sounds like a really good option, should keep everyone happy !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 09:25

JUst reread the plans and you are spot on, indoor pitch clearly part of the Bearwood set up.
Also had’t realised how much housing they are building 28 houses. That’s a decent earner whether they sell or rent them.
The lake is going to give the place a lot of character, maybe they will add swimming to the training regime !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 09:48

Sounds great. Makes total sense to have a community dome at Forrest school tbh

Wonder when they’ll decomm the current dome. It’s looking a bit tatty

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jul 2019 13:03

Hound Sounds great. Makes total sense to have a community dome at Forrest school tbh

Not sure how much "community" use there will be. The school get use of it during the school day up to late afternoon and then it is handed over to RFC for them to use. Not sure how much time is left available for it to be hired out.

The delays have been largely around the contract between Forest and RFC.

I still can't wait for the carnage on Arbor Lane when any coaches bringing in players try to access the site.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 13:08

Wycombe Royal
Hound Sounds great. Makes total sense to have a community dome at Forrest school tbh

Not sure how much "community" use there will be. The school get use of it during the school day up to late afternoon and then it is handed over to RFC for them to use. Not sure how much time is left available for it to be hired out.

Saturday and Sunday ?
School holidays ?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jul 2019 13:14

Nameless
Wycombe Royal

Saturday and Sunday ?
School holidays ?

Yes, but most community usage would come from local football clubs who need regular bookings for training most of the year. Saturday and Sundays generally aren't training days, those are weekday evenings. It also won't be cheap.

Go down to Goals at the weekend and see how quiet it is (mostly kids birthday parties) and then go down there on a Thursday evening....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 13:16

Nameless
Wycombe Royal

Saturday and Sunday ?
School holidays ?

guessing much the same as the current Dome. Same as goals really, for birthday parties and stuff at the weekends. Booked it a load of times for my kids party

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 14:02

Wycombe Royal
Nameless
Wycombe Royal Not sure how much "community" use there will be. The school get use of it during the school day up to late afternoon and then it is handed over to RFC for them to use. Not sure how much time is left available for it to be hired out.

Saturday and Sunday ?
School holidays ?

Yes, but most community usage would come from local football clubs who need regular bookings for training most of the year. Saturday and Sundays generally aren't training days, those are weekday evenings. It also won't be cheap.

Go down to Goals at the weekend and see how quiet it is (mostly kids birthday parties) and then go down there on a Thursday evening....

Goals is (or was, not been involved for a while now) packed on Saturday mornings with BDL matches. No reason why new community uses couldn’t be developed, we seem lacking in walking football opportunities round here for one thing.
Bottom line is you can’t expect the club to make it available at times when they need to use it !

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jul 2019 14:27

Nameless Bottom line is you can’t expect the club to make it available at times when they need to use it !

I never said they should, I was just saying that the times when the community would most want to use it are when it won't be available.

311 posts