Brighton Away - 26/12/14

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brighton Away - 26/12/14

by handbags_harris » 08 Dec 2014 12:33

Someo f you c*nts will moan about anything, you're either a bit thick or just plain ignorant...or both. £32 match ticket plus local area travel is hardly a sting, particularly when you consider the standard cost of travel between Haywards Heath and Falmer is about £7. Deduct that from the actual ticket cosy and you have a nice, not too bad £25 match ticket. What's to bloody moan about?

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 08 Dec 2014 13:46

handbags_harris Someo f you c*nts will moan about anything, you're either a bit thick or just plain ignorant...or both. £32 match ticket plus local area travel is hardly a sting, particularly when you consider the standard cost of travel between Haywards Heath and Falmer is about £7. Deduct that from the actual ticket cosy and you have a nice, not too bad £25 match ticket. What's to bloody moan about?

Hardly any trains run on Boxing Day meaning many people are paying £7 for a service that they are not getting.

And even if the trains were running, many people still opt to drive.

I can understand getting discounted train tickets with a match ticket, but I don't think it's right of BHA to just assume everyone gets the train, especially on Boxing Day.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Dec 2014 17:15

arthurfondrelli
handbags_harris Someo f you c*nts will moan about anything, you're either a bit thick or just plain ignorant...or both. £32 match ticket plus local area travel is hardly a sting, particularly when you consider the standard cost of travel between Haywards Heath and Falmer is about £7. Deduct that from the actual ticket cosy and you have a nice, not too bad £25 match ticket. What's to bloody moan about?

Hardly any trains run on Boxing Day meaning many people are paying £7 for a service that they are not getting.

And even if the trains were running, many people still opt to drive.

I can understand getting discounted train tickets with a match ticket, but I don't think it's right of BHA to just assume everyone gets the train, especially on Boxing Day.

Agreed

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Dec 2014 17:56

handbags_harris Someo f you c*nts will moan about anything, you're either a bit thick or just plain ignorant...or both.?

Given the above replies - which are you handbags?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Dec 2014 22:30

Green
handbags_harris Someo f you c*nts will moan about anything, you're either a bit thick or just plain ignorant...or both.?

There's a local train service provided by Southern from Falmer to Brighton and Lewes and a service from Brighton to Victoria (stopping at Haywards Heath).

As for the buses, there's near as damn it a full matchday service provided by Brighton & Hove Buses.

Park and Ride service is operating as normal.

Based on the above information as far as I'm concerned Brighton & Hove Albion and their travel partners are providing a service that correlates with the additional premium that is paid for when purchasing a matchday ticket. Given the above information I consider myself neither thick, ignorant or both.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 09 Dec 2014 23:04

handbags_harris Someo f you c*nts will moan about anything, you're either a bit thick or just plain ignorant...or both.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Dec 2014 14:23

handbags_harris
Green

There's a local train service provided by Southern from Falmer to Brighton and Lewes and a service from Brighton to Victoria (stopping at Haywards Heath).

As for the buses, there's near as damn it a full matchday service provided by Brighton & Hove Buses.

Park and Ride service is operating as normal.

Based on the above information as far as I'm concerned Brighton & Hove Albion and their travel partners are providing a service that correlates with the additional premium that is paid for when purchasing a matchday ticket. Given the above information I consider myself neither thick, ignorant or both.

Not sure how much more the point needs labouring but lets give it one more go - most away fans don't live in the Brighton area so travelling by those public transport options simply isn't viable.

Your post was also unnecessarily aggressive. Are you in cahoots with Southern rail or something?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Dec 2014 12:56

Green Not sure how much more the point needs labouring but lets give it one more go - most away fans don't live in the Brighton area so travelling by those public transport options simply isn't viable.

Your post was also unnecessarily aggressive. Are you in cahoots with Southern rail or something?

Let's break this down:-

1) Most fans don't live in Brighton - yeah, and?

2) Travelling by those public transport options isn't viable - really? The whole Brighton match day set up is geared around ferrying match goers in by public transport regardless of the fixture date or time. The only difference with Boxing Day is that away fans (and outlying Brighton fans) are forced to travel by car to one of the numerous locations available for train services (that Southern are not obliged to lay on) or the numerous park and ride locations that will have a higher frequency service than normal. Given the vast majority of Reading fans travel by car to away matches anyway, what difference does this actually make to them? Failing that, get the STAR coaches. Funny as well, absolutely NOBODY whinged when we had Chelsea away on Boxing Day 2006 which was, by comparison, even more of a ballache to attend.

3) Point noted - but it got your attention didn't it? Exasperation gets the better of me sometimes but, in true Nigel Pearson style, I make no apologies for my disdain shown towards the imbecilic elements of the human race.

4) No affiliation to Southern whatsoever.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 16 Dec 2014 15:25

handbags_harris The only difference with Boxing Day is that away fans (and outlying Brighton fans) are forced to travel by car to one of the numerous locations available for train services (that Southern are not obliged to lay on)

That's exactly the gripe.

We got there :)

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 17 Dec 2014 10:26

Planning on travelling to see how rough Steve Clarke looks after Christmas Day. Confused from various posts/forums as to most efficient (not cheapest place to park)

A) park and ride (which one travelling from RG
B) £13 car park (I assume by the ground)
C) Lewis? And get the train

Any advice ? Thx

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Dec 2014 18:55

Anyone knows how these are selling? Definitely up for it, as will be back in blighty only for this game...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Dec 2014 22:07

Archie's penalty Anyone knows how these are selling?

Online, over the counter or on the phone. HTH.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 17 Dec 2014 23:17

madstadblues Planning on travelling to see how rough Steve Clarke looks after Christmas Day. Confused from various posts/forums as to most efficient (not cheapest place to park)

A) park and ride (which one travelling from RG
B) £13 car park (I assume by the ground)
C) Lewis? And get the train

Any advice ? Thx

The first time I went there I used the Park & Ride but never again. Had to queue for an hour for the bus back and then had trouble finding the car in the dark as there were no lights. Since then I have parked in the Bridge car park and have booked in there again for Boxing Day. It's expensive at £13 but worth it in my view to park a few minutes walk from the stadium and a quick get away.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Dec 2014 12:14

I've always gone for option C and a few prematch beers in Lewes. I've always managed to park there for free, the queue for the train back can take a while but it's not a bad option.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 18 Dec 2014 19:04

The AMEX is literally the most challenging place to get near in the world.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Dec 2014 17:35

Green
handbags_harris The only difference with Boxing Day is that away fans (and outlying Brighton fans) are forced to travel by car to one of the numerous locations available for train services (that Southern are not obliged to lay on)

That's exactly the gripe.

We got there :)

So there's more of a gripe that you have to travel by car to Brighton on Boxing Day than you would if had to travel to Ipswich, or Huddersfield, or Derby, or Cardiff then? Or is it just a gripe that you have to travel by car at all?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 19 Dec 2014 17:44

I can't be bothered anymore mate sorry.

Merry christmas to you and yours, whatever your travel arrangements for boxing day.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 20 Dec 2014 13:19

Is this sold out? just found out I have a free ticket to do whatever i like on Boxing Day!

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 22 Dec 2014 12:02

I've paid the 13 sheets to park by the ground. Seeing as I'm driving and therefore not drinking myself into a stupor before kick off, I'm almost saving money just by attending.

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 22 Dec 2014 17:31

Mr.Swainey The AMEX is literally the most challenging place to get near in the world.

Not unless you get the train, it's literally a 5 minute walk from the station :wink: