Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 11:03

From memory the STH have been able to get more than one ticket for ll the big games. It's hardly a revolutionary idea when the numbers allow it.....

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 19 Mar 2015 11:12

JC
bobby1413 Also, where is the best tier to sit? At the Swansea PO final I sat on the lower tier to the left of the goal and that was a really good spot I thought, however just looking at pics and wondering where else may be a good position

I don't think there is a bad view anywhere. I have sat in all tiers and they are all fine although my preference is to be higher up. I think the best view i ever had was the front row of the top tier

+1

Last time I was at Wembley for England-Peru last year think it was in the front row of the top tier behind one goal, would probably agree with that last comment. Wasn't too happy in 2011 to be sitting in the top tier for the PO final, but I was converted after that. Have sat in the top tier pretty much ever since and definitely prefer it up there. I also think there's a better atmosphere up there too, although i'm biased as for that Peru game wasn't too far from the person who hit the Peru player with the paper plane!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Mar 2015 11:18

TBM
Elm Park Kid Just out of interest - where does this 'plus 1' stuff even come from? Has the club ever done it for a restricted ticket sale game?

Like the play-off final you mean?!

The Swansea final was just a free-for-all. STH status didn't matter.

I was 11 years old when we played Bolton so i'm not sure how we got tickets.

Admittedly I wasn't following Reading during the third tier period so not sure how they managed tickets to the play offs at Millennium (or if numbers were even an issue).

I was asking has the club ever had a ticket sale where only STH's could buy but they could buy more than 1?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 19 Mar 2015 11:26

MmmMonsterMunch Can't believe people don't remember how we bought Wembley tickets before........It was through TicketZone. It was a complete disaster - their website was oxf*rd shite & kept crashing mid transaction.

I really hope it's not them again.

+ 1
That struck me too, seems to have been largely overlooked. Certainly wouldn't want them again, and tbh i'm already dreading the next week as whoever does it I can't see it being hassle free.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Mar 2015 11:31

As Arsenal and Reading are the 2 closest teams to Wembley in the semis it would make sense that we were the Sunday game due to train travel back for Liverpool/Blackburn/Aston Villa fans on a Sunday night - therefore, we'll prob be on the Saturday!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 Mar 2015 11:35

Birmingham away at Watford on Saturday and West Brom away at Crystal Palace, not sure if that would have an impact for Villa..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Mar 2015 11:40

Indonesia TV are advertising the game for live broadcast on Saturday 18th April with a 10pm kick off.... So 3 pm it is?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 19 Mar 2015 11:41

KC Royal
MmmMonsterMunch Can't believe people don't remember how we bought Wembley tickets before........It was through TicketZone. It was a complete disaster - their website was oxf*rd shite & kept crashing mid transaction.

+ 1
That struck me too, seems to have been largely overlooked. Certainly wouldn't want them again, and tbh i'm already dreading the next week as whoever does it I can't see it being hassle free.

I remember former Nobber Jerry Maguire providing a link in which both him and I (and others, I expect) booked our Swansea tickets about an hour before they went on sale. In fact, i remember PMing him saying I'd buy him a few beers. Not seen him since.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Mar 2015 11:43

paultheroyal Indonesia TV are advertising the game for live broadcast on Saturday 18th April with a 10pm kick off.... So 3 pm it is?

Seems legit.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Mar 2015 11:56

Elm Park Kid
TBM
Elm Park Kid Just out of interest - where does this 'plus 1' stuff even come from? Has the club ever done it for a restricted ticket sale game?

Like the play-off final you mean?!

No as i remember having to give my Dad's ST number over to get 2 tickets

Found this:
"Reading have been allocated 39,000 tickets for the Wembley final. Season ticket holder will be able to buy tickets from 9am tomorrow. Subject to availability, tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday with a limit of four tickets per transaction"

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Mar 2015 11:58

Pepe the Horseman
paultheroyal Indonesia TV are advertising the game for live broadcast on Saturday 18th April with a 10pm kick off.... So 3 pm it is?

Seems legit.

5:20 KO Sat 18th according to Charles Watts

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2015 11:59

Zammo
KC Royal

+ 1

I remember former Nobber Jerry Maguire providing a link in which both him and I (and others, I expect) booked our Swansea tickets about an hour before they went on sale. In fact, i remember PMing him saying I'd buy him a few beers. Not seen him since.

you mean like this one - also confirming Saturday @3pm http://www.ticketbis.net/fa-cup-semi-fi ... tAodd1wAHg
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 19 Mar 2015 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Mar 2015 12:02

North Somerset Royal
Pepe the Horseman

Seems legit.

5:20 KO Sat 18th according to Charles Watts

That would be superb and very dangerous in equal measures.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Mar 2015 12:07

Pepe the Horseman

Seems legit.

Link?

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Mar 2015 12:08

Pepe the Horseman
North Somerset Royal 5:20 KO Sat 18th according to Charles Watts

That would be superb and very dangerous in equal measures.

@Stuart_Roach: @charles_watts confirmed it's a tea-time kick-off. Bold decision by Beeb

You're Bard

by You're Bard » 19 Mar 2015 12:09

Winchester Royal Everyone with decent levels of points will get a ticket, anyone without points really can't complain.

I'd like to complain.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Mar 2015 12:09

TBM
Elm Park Kid

Found this:
"Reading have been allocated 39,000 tickets for the Wembley final. Season ticket holder will be able to buy tickets from 9am tomorrow. Subject to availability, tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday with a limit of four tickets per transaction"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106157#p2926951

• We will have 39,002 tickets located in the West half of the stadium.
• Season ticket holders will be able to buy from 9am on Thursday and Friday of this week, two tickets available for every season ticket holder.
• Members booking period will be Saturday and Sunday, one per membership.
• Subject to availability, general sale will begin on Monday, four tickets per transaction.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Mar 2015 12:13

Saturday would suit us better - plus I get a whole day of drinking in before the game :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Mar 2015 12:17

TFF
TBM
Elm Park Kid

Found this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106157#p2926951

• We will have 39,002 tickets located in the West half of the stadium.
• Season ticket holders will be able to buy from 9am on Thursday and Friday of this week, two tickets available for every season ticket holder.
• Members booking period will be Saturday and Sunday, one per membership.
• Subject to availability, general sale will begin on Monday, four tickets per transaction.

Exactly how it should work this time round too...i remember us still not totally selling out when it got to Sunday

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Mar 2015 12:21

think the difference was our woeful record in the playoff finals and i'm sure alot of people thought, i can't be arsed to go, we will only lose again. Where as this match is basically a day trippers paradise - result doesn't matter and against a big team too, i fully expect this to sell out much faster than the playoff game

2002 posts