Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Royal Lady » 19 Mar 2015 18:41

Squelchy2507 Why the oxf*rd are ST holders moaning - you are all guaranteed to get a ticket if you want one. And enough tickets for everyone with 300+ points. Anyone with less than 300 points doesn't deserve priority.

Can't see how it could possibly have been any fairer to be honest.

Well you won't all be sat with your m8s for a start, which could also have a bit of an effect on the atmosphere.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 19 Mar 2015 18:58

Royal Lady
Squelchy2507 Why the oxf*rd are ST holders moaning - you are all guaranteed to get a ticket if you want one. And enough tickets for everyone with 300+ points. Anyone with less than 300 points doesn't deserve priority.

Well you won't all be sat with your m8s for a start, which could also have a bit of an effect on the atmosphere.

Why? If you are all STHs, buy together. If not, wait and then buy together!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2015 19:02

TBH it's the only choice they can make to stop theresayakonthepitch from drowning us all in a temper tantrum tsunami of tears for those poor people worse off than him, and then opening his wrists live on the BBC in protest whilst denouncing his evil murderers RFC.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 19 Mar 2015 19:06

Nameless The number of members they quote is way higher than I had thought, and I can see why they have gone the way they have.
I also think they are going to be upsetting a lot of their most valuable fans and ST renewals could well drop as a result. If paying for your seats up front every year doesn't buy you a bonus for a big game then people may well decide to not bother, and pick and chose games.
Ironically I doubt it will make any real difference as to who gets tickets, I will just mean STH will have to wait a lot longer before joining the scrum. I know it will affect me as one of my season tickets is shared by 2 people, neither of whom can make every game, although the ticket is always used.
ST are exactly the people you do not want to upset.
But, as I say, I can also see the logic of trying to spread the tickets as widely as possible.

The bonus is, STH's get first choice of seats. Thats good enough for me even though I need two extra but will have to go without.

starbug

by starbug » 19 Mar 2015 19:12

Rubbish, why should STH's have to gamble on waiting? Would have been nice if STH could buy their tickets early then when friends/family etc want tickets they try and get a block together when the loyalty points allow and return the previously bought tickets, takes the risk out for STH's.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 19:21

I'm sure we could all come up with genuine reasons why our preferred way of doing things is the right way, but let's be honest we're all looking at what would suit us personally.
It's the way it is, we'll find ways to work with it but it is a shame IMHO that ST haven't been given more (any) benefit. If Martin41 thinks having first choice of tickets is of any significance then fair play. I don't care where I sit, I just would like to sit with the people I have gone to games with for 15 years, some of whom for good reasons won't be eligible to get tickets till very late in the process.
C'est la vie. It'll still be a good day out.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 19 Mar 2015 19:23

At least the ticket office will have two reasonably quiet days on Tues and Weds in preparation for the queues on Thurs when the 1500+ & STH all wade in... :roll:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 19:27

I'm banking on my 3 ST, a stocking mask and toy pistol getting about 200 tickets when I rock up at the TO mid morning on Tuesday....

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Mar 2015 19:30

Martin41

Exactly, all this I want to bring so and so , who never really goes but strangely wants to now! Deal with it, if you don't have enough points tough I'm afraid, maybe harsh but.....so be it!

I have two boys who only started going this season, they can only make the Saturday games so they have about 100 odd points and now won't be able to go. Where were these 100,000 members Monday when we couldn't even sell out a Q/F - my boys were there and loved it.....shame the club don't give a shit about those who bothered to "back the boys" Monday.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 19 Mar 2015 19:46

Ian Royal TBH it's the only choice they can make to stop theresayakonthepitch from drowning us all in a temper tantrum tsunami of tears for those poor people worse off than him, and then opening his wrists live on the BBC in protest whilst denouncing his evil murderers RFC.

Instead there will be plenty in my place whining about how they haven't been given a + 1 for someone with no points to sit in seat and moan about the swearing that will instead be used by a member who deserves to be there.

Happy days

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 19 Mar 2015 19:50

Look, TBM, it's great that you and your boys like going to the shitty games. But if you're happy with that then why should you also go to the big games? It seems a bit of a waste as you'd enjoy yourselves no matter what. It's far better to make sure that those of us who can't be doing with rubbish matches against the Bradfords, Watfords and Brightons of this world get to go to the good matches. That way you enjoy your matches and we enjoy our matches.

Besides, your boys will just cryonthetelly when we get raped again.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 19 Mar 2015 19:53

No Fixed Abode Two STHs I've just spoken to said 'fook it' they're not going as they wanted to take their children and now probably can't. They also said they're not going to renew next year, they were thinking about it any way, but they're going to now after this debacle.

Probably promised the kids as were banking on the + 1s and now can't go without them more like.
What do these people expect?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Mar 2015 20:01

Its a pity we're not all getting a +1 but luckily at least one of our group can't attend so I might take up his allocation for a seat to put my coat on and ensure I don't have to sit next to an annoying twat

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 19 Mar 2015 20:07

1 per season ticket holder, great news and anyone moaning that they won't be able to bring along their Mrs or their mother can piss off.

I'm not interested in the "I went to Deby (a) and Huddersfield (a), where's my ticket?" crowd either. Going to 2 or 3 games does not entitle you to anything.

If you're considering giving up your season ticket because the club wouldn't let you bring your casual of a mate to the club's biggest ever game then good riddance I say.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 19 Mar 2015 20:09

P!ssed Off 1 per season ticket holder, great news and anyone moaning that they won't be able to bring along their Mrs or their mother can piss off.

I'm not interested in the "I went to Deby (a) and Huddersfield (a), where's my ticket?" crowd either. Going to 2 or 3 games does not entitle you to anything.

If you're considering giving up your season ticket because the club wouldn't let you bring your casual of a mate to the club's biggest ever game then good riddance I say.

+1
A man after me own heart

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 19 Mar 2015 20:11

To all those who want a +1, who is your +1 for ordinary games?

Do you sit on your own for the whole league programme?

If not, then those you sit with who aren't STs would save themselves some money if they bought STs.

Perhaps you should let them know.

me

by me » 19 Mar 2015 20:15

I would have preferred a plus 1 but the club were on a loser whatever they did. I can understand why they've done it this way and bear no ills. Trouble is that everybody comes out of the woodwork for the big games. I wonder how many of the iwanttogotowembleyivebeenareadingfanforyears brigade will be in the Madejski for the next home game. That's what irritates.
Last edited by me on 19 Mar 2015 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Mar 2015 20:15

Given my members card details to an Arsenal fan so he can get a ticket next Thurs. He's offered me a bribe. 8)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Mar 2015 20:24

With or without your ST's, "Royalty Points" and self professed long term loyalty or not, in all of our previous visits, getting a ticket has surprisingly never been a problem for myself, my family or the many much maligned "day trippers" that I have encountered.

Don't believe the hype, don't get corraled into the hysterical panic
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 19 Mar 2015 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Mar 2015 20:24

Greatwesternline To all those who want a +1, who is your +1 for ordinary games?

Do you sit on your own for the whole league programme?

If not, then those you sit with who aren't STs would save themselves some money if they bought STs.

Perhaps you should let them know.

Not me but what about those who take their kids along and sit on their parents lap? They can't go

Personally I think the points should reset each season, not exactly fair a fan from 10 years ago gets priority over a kid who is our future

Why will nobody think of the kids?!

2002 posts