2002 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Semi final tickets?

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2015 22:27

Man Friday
Dave-Royal ...that reading 26,000 u thick Shit

What does this actually mean? Seriously, can someone give me a translation because I haven't a clue what he's saying here.

Ask the obvious poster who is the imposter of this user name.

clauski

by clauski » 31 Mar 2015 22:50

TFF Pinched from the facebook discussion:

If the club address the Royalty Points issues (expiring old points/inflating current points - so 'active' supporters are recognised) they could abandon the initial STH priority and go back to rewarding loyal fans on the points system only.

STHs shouldn't have any rights over seats at an away or neutral venue.

Go back to points based allocations, slot in a STH only day to accommodate new STHs who have made a financial commitment to the club, and allow +1s at every stage.

Easy

Understand the Royalty points piece but if you then allow +1s at every stage surely you are immediately rewarding "unloyal" mates rather than those in the next points tier?

Bigger issue for me is that regardless of kick off time, likely result, Chelsea v Man Utd, sales system or whatever other half-arsed reason there is it's disappointing that for our first FA Cup semi final in most people's living memory, little more than an hour away, not enough fans have really shown the desire to attend.

STBlazeyroyal1967

by STBlazeyroyal1967 » 31 Mar 2015 22:57

besides myself, is there anyone else making the trip to Wembley from the Southwest?

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 31 Mar 2015 23:16

I can get 8 extra tickets. If anyone is interested let me know.

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 01 Apr 2015 00:27

oldebiscuit Theres only one dave Royal,
only one Dave Royal,
got bad mental health,
keeps shitting himself,
bullshits in a Dave Royal wonderland.

2nd Verse;

Theres only one dave royal,
theres only one dave royal,
His knuckles he drags,
needs colostomy bags,
bullshits in dave royal wonderland!

Repeat/vary/make up more.

YES YES YES YES YES!

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 01 Apr 2015 08:24

Dave-Royal
Man Friday
Dave-Royal ...that reading 26,000 u thick Shit

What does this actually mean? Seriously, can someone give me a translation because I haven't a clue what he's saying here.

shut up you Dick Shit kiss my Bell end

mods....please ban this filth.....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Apr 2015 09:07

clauski Bigger issue for me is that regardless of kick off time, likely result, Chelsea v Man Utd, sales system or whatever other half-arsed reason there is it's disappointing that for our first FA Cup semi final in most people's living memory, little more than an hour away, not enough fans have really shown the desire to attend.

Why is it an 'issue' though ?
There is nothing about the number of tickets we have that is important, it's an arbitrary number which we have no influence over. No one stood up and said 'hell yes, we'll do 31k so send us the tickets'.
We have already sold something like 5000 tickets more than the biggest number of fans we have ever had at the Madejski.
Just accept that however many people want to go, will be going. We're taking a very healthy number of fans and need to stop focusing on the possibility that there may be a few thousand seats not taking and realise that we will probably sell 90% of our allocation.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Apr 2015 09:11

I presume that as the gate is split 50/50 (less the FA's cut) we'll scoop 1/2 of Arsenal's ticket sales and they'll bear 1/2 the cost of our empty seats

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Apr 2015 09:17

I think The gate is split in 3 (2teams plus the FA),after costs (nearly the same thing), so obviously any unsold seats, wherever they are, won't generate any income. I suspect most empty seats will be in the sections that weren't allocated to either team.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 01 Apr 2015 09:23

Here's my view (long standing season tkt holder, home and some away games, taking my 2 kids)

It's a semi final not a final. The reason it's at Wembley is for the FA to try and squeeze some more cash out of the general public to pay for the rebuild (IMO it actually devalues a final at Wembley). If, like in the old days, the semi final was Old Trafford or Villa Park 20k + would be great. Being a medium sized club busting our allocation of 30k is very ambitious for a SF especially where it costs so much and is on TV and, based on current form. we are hoping for an upset. For me it will be at least £150 tkts + travel £50 + a few beers, food £75 - that's nearly £300.00 for a game. I guess there is the novelty of a trip Wembley but having been to new and old and Millennium it's a lot of cash for some folk to spend on a novelty.

If you take a step back and look where we have come from over the past 25 years v where Arsenal are I think there is only one club that is progressing all be it in a sh1t, bumpy, car sick, traffic jam ridden journey.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2015 10:25

Dave-Royal
Samrfc01
Dave-Royal Well I just brought 2 tickets for £43 now... going with my unlce... in reading end..... and I gave my other ticket to the friend get in :lol:

Hopefully you fall.

What a Stupid person you Are.... wont fall from there pal. I seat there before in play off Final ve Swansea the other End,,, You talking to Mr RFC here u better to watch u Step Son. all I will report u

Oh no - please tell me you're not Finch? if not, he'll have something to say about being Mr RFC.... :roll:

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 01 Apr 2015 10:26

madstadblues Here's my view (long standing season tkt holder, home and some away games, taking my 2 kids)

It's a semi final not a final. The reason it's at Wembley is for the FA to try and squeeze some more cash out of the general public to pay for the rebuild (IMO it actually devalues a final at Wembley). If, like in the old days, the semi final was Old Trafford or Villa Park 20k + would be great. Being a medium sized club busting our allocation of 30k is very ambitious for a SF especially where it costs so much and is on TV and, based on current form. we are hoping for an upset. For me it will be at least £150 tkts + travel £50 + a few beers, food £75 - that's nearly £300.00 for a game. I guess there is the novelty of a trip Wembley but having been to new and old and Millennium it's a lot of cash for some folk to spend on a novelty.

If you take a step back and look where we have come from over the past 25 years v where Arsenal are I think there is only one club that is progressing all be it in a sh1t, bumpy, car sick, traffic jam ridden journey.

Brilliantly put, mate.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 01 Apr 2015 10:38

Zammo
madstadblues Here's my view (long standing season tkt holder, home and some away games, taking my 2 kids)

Brilliantly put, mate.

Are we there yet?

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 01 Apr 2015 10:45

Spot on - my view is slightly different as i'm an ex ST holder now living up north so attend minimal games really and therefore low(ish) points. The cost is substantial for me as i'm bringing the 2 kids and tbh i'm only doing that to give them the experience of Wembley. My lad has already been there for the Swansea game but he was probably too young to appreciate it. 'IF' we reach the final i'm coming alone...

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Apr 2015 11:07

It's a given that STH get priority in these situation. No one should get a ticket ahead of someone who has committed to the club for the entire season. Beyond that I think it should just be down to royalty points - though the fact that STH couldn't sit with their family/friends is something that could have been addressed. Maybe they should have been able to buy +2 for members with points but only in the Yellow and Green sections?

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 01 Apr 2015 11:09

Nameless I think The gate is split in 3 (2teams plus the FA),after costs (nearly the same thing), so obviously any unsold seats, wherever they are, won't generate any income. I suspect most empty seats will be in the sections that weren't allocated to either team.

I believe gate receipts for both semi finals are added together, Wembley get a cut, FA get a cut, then what is left is split evenly between the four teams.

Might be slightly more complicated than that though, seem to recall the FA somehow manage to get two slices of the pie, but can't recall how.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 01 Apr 2015 11:21

I understand the club selling it the way it did, trying to be fairest to most customers and trying to estimate the likely uptake of 100k members was never easy. In my family for instance, we have 2 STs (me and Dad), and then member cards for probably another 6 members of my family who have either attended the odd game, or we have otherwise used for odd tickets when we bring friends to various home games. So that's 2 Wembley tickets out of 8 member cards in our family, and the spare tickets probably have about 50 points each on them. The club aren't to know that we're only wanting to use a quarter of our member cards for one of the biggest games in their history.

I also understand the various arguments back and forth about +1s and who would benefit/miss out as a result of that, and why we've now got split families or kids not going.

Perhaps the club might have been better selling the tickets along these lines:
Day 1 - STH only
Day 2 - STH + 1 member over 1500 points
Day 3 - STH + 1 member over 1000 points
Day 4 - STH + 1 member over 500 points
Day 5 - STH + 1 member over 250 points
Day 6 - General member cards

However you want to split the points I've suggested is irrelevent, but a structure like that would seem to allow a few more father/son combos where the younger fan might be a bit more recent so have a lower points tally, whilst also allowing a few more people to sit together. Plus you would ensure only Reading fans are getting the tickets, rather than Arsenal fans.

Disclaimer to the above: as Dad and myself are both STHs we got our tickets on day one, so there's a bit of "I'm all right Jack" in my case, but hopefully there's a bit of balance to what I've written.
Last edited by Brum Royal on 01 Apr 2015 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

kane_4

by kane_4 » 01 Apr 2015 11:21

posting again, longshot.. XD anyone up for swapping yellow tickets + cash for blue tickets? couldn't get to the ticket office so i ended up with yellow:/ still.. at least I get to see Reading at Wembley, from whatever height!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Apr 2015 11:23

Zammo

Brilliantly put, mate.

Agreed. In the end, I've decided against it as the cost for me alone to fly over, have 2 nights accomodation and tickets plus any food drink costs. I was looking at nearly €400 for what is basically a day trip (flight would land 22:30 Friday and I'd be flying back at 07:30 on the Sunday).

I was really up for going but in the end, with the game live on Eurosport and the local pub already telling me they'll show the game I can start my Saturday night in the pub watching the game instead.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Apr 2015 11:25

it is a shame that kane hasn't been abel. and will sat in the Eve's

2002 posts