Royal Elm Park

587 posts
Pat Butchers Ring

Re: Royal Elm Park

by Pat Butchers Ring » 13 Aug 2021 23:43

The story here isn’t about what’s happening on the pitch. It’s the investment in the infrastructure to make the area around the stadium generate money. This leads to a more sustainable club. A gravelly old car park or bars/restaurants/event space. I know which I would want to see.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Aug 2021 09:23

Pat Butchers Ring The story here isn’t about what’s happening on the pitch. It’s the investment in the infrastructure to make the area around the stadium generate money. This leads to a more sustainable club. A gravelly old car park or bars/restaurants/event space. I know which I would want to see.

Whilst that is true, I don’t know how sustainable/viable something like that is with our home attendances.

For instance, the companies there would be losing money hand over fist on a Tuesday night home game to some northern side with an attendance of about 10,000. Totally different ball game when you’re a club as good as Leicester and sell out 30,000 every week.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Aug 2021 10:03

Hendo
Pat Butchers Ring The story here isn’t about what’s happening on the pitch. It’s the investment in the infrastructure to make the area around the stadium generate money. This leads to a more sustainable club. A gravelly old car park or bars/restaurants/event space. I know which I would want to see.

Whilst that is true, I don’t know how sustainable/viable something like that is with our home attendances.

For instance, the companies there would be losing money hand over fist on a Tuesday night home game to some northern side with an attendance of about 10,000. Totally different ball game when you’re a club as good as Leicester and sell out 30,000 every week.

The same comments was made about the hotel, rather missing the point that it, and these bars etc, are not being built with football fans attending Reading home games being the target market.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Aug 2021 11:25

There are plans to also build residential areas so that in turn would subsidise the need for businesses to be built around the area, can only hope when it's eventually done that it's a net benefit for the club.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 Aug 2021 12:03

tidus_mi2 There are plans to also build residential areas so that in turn would subsidise the need for businesses to be built around the area, can only hope when it's eventually done that it's a net benefit for the club.

I wouldn't hold your breath that it will get done. The Thai's have zero interest in building it. They've been trying to sell the land and the plans for years and no one is interested.

Where do RFC make any money from this if it happens? We sold the land for a pittance. Do we have a % of REP?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 17 Aug 2021 12:59

PATRIQT
tidus_mi2 There are plans to also build residential areas so that in turn would subsidise the need for businesses to be built around the area, can only hope when it's eventually done that it's a net benefit for the club.

I wouldn't hold your breath that it will get done. The Thai's have zero interest in building it. They've been trying to sell the land and the plans for years and no one is interested.

Where do RFC make any money from this if it happens? We sold the land for a pittance. Do we have a % of REP?

the club still owns 24.7% of the shares of RFC Propco Ltd, which is the company which holds the land asset. The directors of RFC Propco are
RODDISON, John
GEICKE, Horst Joachim Franz - who has a directorship with Oxford United
HOWE, Nigel
SRISUMRID, Taweesuk
THANAKARNJANASUTH, Sumrith - also Oxford United

There was something in the RFC accounts a couple of years ago which effectively stated that the Thais had defaulted on a loan which possibly put ownership of the Thais shares into the hands of a lender? The 2019 RFC Propco accounts state the company owed £4.8m to Empire Asset Group pte Ltd, a Singapore based company, which also owned 50.3% of the shares. Therefore, that is probably the Thais holding vehicle. It also owes £1.6m to RFC

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 14:46

loyalroyaldaz

:?:

587 posts