Season tickets

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Season tickets

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Feb 2016 06:32

So Sunderland have announced cheapest ST for next season of 370 pounds.
Is it time that RFC were a bit more adventurous in the price of STs ?
Mostly thinking adult tickets.
Perhaps decrease in North, to say 300, or lower blocks cheaper, once again it is noticeable that the front seats are pretty empty when choice of the whole stand is same price.
So perhaps centre blocks in the east 300, up to the concourse entrance.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season tickets

by harry » 21 Feb 2016 10:28

Harpers So Solid Crew So Sunderland have announced cheapest ST for next season of 370 pounds.
Is it time that RFC were a bit more adventurous in the price of STs ?
Mostly thinking adult tickets.
Perhaps decrease in North, to say 300, or lower blocks cheaper, once again it is noticeable that the front seats are pretty empty when choice of the whole stand is same price.
So perhaps centre blocks in the east 300, up to the concourse entrance.

I can see us holding prices rather than dropping them. You could make a case for dropping them to get more people to buy, but it's been clear in recent games that some STHs have been skipping games (loads of empty seats last week) so that argument doesn't entirely hold.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Feb 2016 14:30

I can't see price being a big enough issue in our attendances to be worth changing. It seems very unlikely it would attract a lot more fans, you'd have to be talking a hell of a discount to encourage enough people, and then you've got too big a gap to make up in income for it to be worth it.

I'd not be happy about someone paying 20% less than me to be closer to the pitch and have no / partial cover either. I'd be really oxf*rd off if I sat one row above the cut off point where there's zero discernible difference in seat too.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 21 Feb 2016 17:13

Ian Royal I can't see price being a big enough issue in our attendances to be worth changing. It seems very unlikely it would attract a lot more fans, you'd have to be talking a hell of a discount to encourage enough people, and then you've got too big a gap to make up in income for it to be worth it.

I'd not be happy about someone paying 20% less than me to be closer to the pitch and have no / partial cover either. I'd be really oxf*rd off if I sat one row above the cut off point where there's zero discernible difference in seat too.

Surely you'd just renew in a row further forward to get the saving?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Feb 2016 18:49

His radio would make no difference one row forward.

It's not about you Ian, it's about people in general, almost every club have differentials in areas of the grounds. I would love to see the take up of ST seats and be able to work from that. Is mostly lower north and lower east that don't have many fwiw, add a little to.the better areas as well

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Feb 2016 19:36

I would think the club have to consider dropping season ticket prices, they've advertised season tickets recently as a team chasing promotion which just hasn't been the case, despite the new ticket age bands that came in this season, our average attendance has only made a slight increase on last season which atm is 75% of max capacity.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 21 Feb 2016 19:45

Personally, I'd rather keep them high, so that those who really want to come would be willing to carry on paying. In the upper west we must get most of the away dayers purely for the bigger games. For WBA I didn't recognise one person within the three rows around me. No one had any idea who the players were and sat and stared like being at the cinema plus loads of kids who couldn't sit still after 5 minutes. Simply so they can go back to work and tell every one they were there, but we'll probably never see them again. Cheaper STs will simply attract more of those types who will leave the seat empty for most of the season or lend it to more of their mates for a day out - they will not be RFC supporters.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Feb 2016 19:51

Pandoras Box Personally, I'd rather keep them high, so that those who really want to come would be willing to carry on paying. In the upper west we must get most of the away dayers purely for the bigger games. For WBA I didn't recognise one person within the three rows around me. No one had any idea who the players were and sat and stared like being at the cinema plus loads of kids who couldn't sit still after 5 minutes. Simply so they can go back to work and tell every one they were there, but we'll probably never see them again. Cheaper STs will simply attract more of those types who will leave the seat empty for most of the season or lend it to more of their mates for a day out - they will not be RFC supporters.

Dont worry I would not make the upper west st cheaper,

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Feb 2016 20:44

Whilst (of course) being all for cheaper tickets per-se, the cost of watching, the quality of the game or opposition aren't the only reasons for empty seats inho.

For some, the whole hassle of attending a game is becoming a turn-off......the parking (which will be worsening further in years to come), the aggro of public transport, the manipulation of kick-off times to please the media and the whole ethos of not being able to "just wake up on a Saturday morning" and decide to turn up and take in a game are attritionally taking their toll.

Even the loyal of the blindly loyal occasionally question their commitment

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Feb 2016 21:04

Freeze prizes and keep the under 7s free which is an amazing deal and I would be very happy!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Feb 2016 21:23

Winchester Royal
Ian Royal I can't see price being a big enough issue in our attendances to be worth changing. It seems very unlikely it would attract a lot more fans, you'd have to be talking a hell of a discount to encourage enough people, and then you've got too big a gap to make up in income for it to be worth it.

Surely you'd just renew in a row further forward to get the saving?

Someone would get stung.

£17 a match is a very good price IMO. And I still don't see the likelihood of both significantly increasing uptake and maintaining or improving revenue. Plus, it's bad enough at the current price the number of STHs who don't show up regularly (mildly guilty here).

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Feb 2016 09:06

With 17-24 at £125 I don't think they should reduce adult prices. I'm all for a freeze though..

I think I heard Swindon have released prices for next season.. £400 if you renew before x date £425 or something after...

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 22 Feb 2016 12:00

paultheroyal Freeze prizes and keep the under 7s free which is an amazing deal and I would be very happy!

This ^^^^ + put the age up to Under 8's as my eldest wont get a free ST next season under the current scheme. All three of us have been to every single home game plus the cup games and even a few away games. So I think the plan to get more people going to games has worked. Yes there are probably a few empty seats during the midweek games that belong to an U7 but not as many as I thought there would be

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 22 Feb 2016 12:06

Interesting initiatives by Huddersfield by the sounds of it, £179 season tickets for the first 10,000.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/dean-hoyle-major-new-plans-10892905

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Feb 2016 12:12

the cup game was a tenner, for a prem team, and we still couldn't sell out. just how cheap do they want em to go?!

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 22 Feb 2016 12:20

Our prices are more than reasonable and shouldn't go down in all honesty. Hopefully they wont go up either! The stay away fans are just fed up with the shite they've had to endure for the last few years; on and off the field, but they're starting to come back.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 22 Feb 2016 14:21

I'd be far more interested if I could attend a conference before the game and then go ice skating afterwards. Maybe with a cheeky Nandos. Perhaps the club could convert the car park?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Feb 2016 17:50

CrowthorneRoyal
paultheroyal Freeze prizes and keep the under 7s free which is an amazing deal and I would be very happy!

This ^^^^ + put the age up to Under 8's as my eldest wont get a free ST next season under the current scheme. All three of us have been to every single home game plus the cup games and even a few away games. So I think the plan to get more people going to games has worked. Yes there are probably a few empty seats during the midweek games that belong to an U7 but not as many as I thought there would be

Hope they listen Crowthorne.

It really is a fab deal. On another note I have noticed in recent matches that they are really monitoring this now and observing who is coming through on the cheaper tickets.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 Feb 2016 10:19

CrowthorneRoyal

a family season ticket works out as only 25 quid extra per kid, so its not the end of the world

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 23 Feb 2016 11:11

Make it free for OAPs.