Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2018 16:25

jar95 Have now seen the funniest thing on twitter. A parody of OMA, also known as Old Man Andrea :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not even funny you pleb and it hasn't made a post yet. Well done for admitting it's you though.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Dec 2018 16:26

Old Man Andrews
jar95 Have now seen the funniest thing on twitter. A parody of OMA, also known as Old Man Andrea :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not even funny you pleb and it hasn't made a post yet. Well done for admitting it's you though.

I don't think you understand twitter, but yes it has.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2018 16:30

LWJ
Old Man Andrews

I don't think you understand twitter, but yes it has.

Understand Twitter very well thanks just didn't see the Tweets when someone initially told me about it. Double D has to get things out if his system somehow.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Dec 2018 16:46

Haha, the guys a moron, but some of the stuff on there is great

'What does Lord CKS stand for Lord Cock Knows Sh!t' and then in the next line calls him a chode. Brilliant.

jar95

by jar95 » 05 Dec 2018 17:38

Old Man Andrews

Nice try :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2018 19:18

You could hear the dozen or so C1871 singing quite clearly for lots of the game on the sky coverage. Although you could also hear the coaches and players call out to each other like you can on youth / reserve streams when there are 30 people in the stadium... so not exactly a win.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2018 11:37

Snowflake Royal You could hear the dozen or so C1871 singing quite clearly for lots of the game on the sky coverage. Although you could also hear the coaches and players call out to each other like you can on youth / reserve streams when there are 30 people in the stadium... so not exactly a win.

I also hope the club is still taking a long hard look at themselves after not opening up the whole of the south stand to opposition fans who couldn't even sell out their initial allocation and thinking about all of that lost revenue. :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Dec 2018 13:06

Old Man Andrews

https://twitter.com/IAmAPeperami

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 13:10

Forbury Lion
Old Man Andrews

https://twitter.com/IAmAPeperami

:?:

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 17 Dec 2018 01:08

Wishing Club1871 well, and I’m sure when crowds improve it’ll be a success with greater numbers helping the noise they make carry further, but I’ve switched back to Y25/26 back near the top. Hopefully more will rediscover their voices, as this season the support has been pathetic.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Dec 2018 18:56

IRjAy Wishing Club1871 well, and I’m sure when crowds improve it’ll be a success with greater numbers helping the noise they make carry further, but I’ve switched back to Y25/26 back near the top. Hopefully more will rediscover their voices, as this season the support has been pathetic.

I'd guess a fair chunk of the singers went across to club 1871, which ruined the East Stand atmosphere, without there being enough in club 1871 to get an atmosphere going there either.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Dec 2018 19:11

tmesis
IRjAy Wishing Club1871 well, and I’m sure when crowds improve it’ll be a success with greater numbers helping the noise they make carry further, but I’ve switched back to Y25/26 back near the top. Hopefully more will rediscover their voices, as this season the support has been pathetic.

I'd guess a fair chunk of the singers went across to club 1871, which ruined the East Stand atmosphere, without there being enough in club 1871 to get an atmosphere going there either.

Therein lies the rub. What you gain in the South Stand you lose from the East Stand.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Dec 2018 21:15

Zip
tmesis

Therein lies the rub. What you gain in the South Stand you lose from the East Stand.

What you really needed was an area in the east stand for the singers to be together, who'd then have fans round them to join in.

What you have now is a much quieter east stand, and a knot of fans trying to get songs going in the south, but with nobody there to join in. They might as well be singing in the car park for all the good they do.

biff

by biff » 18 Dec 2018 00:32

Yep. Utterly neutered what organic atmosphere the stadium had built since '98 in favour of this shite. Call it off and go again at a more apt time.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Dec 2018 09:31

tmesis What you really needed was an area in the east stand for the singers to be together, who'd then have fans round them to join in.

What you have now is a much quieter east stand, and a knot of fans trying to get songs going in the south, but with nobody there to join in. They might as well be singing in the car park for all the good they do.

Correct. Well done. I can't believe the club sanctioned such a daft idea in the first place.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Feb 2019 22:32

In what would appear to be a move of desperation Club 1871 are giving away 2 free beers if you sit in the South Stand for the Wigan game.

The final roll of the dice.

One87One

by One87One » 27 Feb 2019 23:56

Old Man Andrews In what would appear to be a move of desperation Club 1871 are giving away 2 free beers if you sit in the South Stand for the Wigan game.

No final role of any dice. The only reason numbers haven’t been great is because the fans have dropped off due to another relegation battle. As the crowds improve so does the numbers in the south stand, and they’re outsinging the east stand, so any negativity towards them is frankly just petulant nonsense.

What exactly is it with a small minority of our fans who don’t want there to be other noisy sections of our stadium? And yet whilst this very small minority have their moan, they seem to be continuing their own silent protest at the same time...

I love days out at Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, Leeds etc who make noise from all stands. Yet at Reading we rely on Y25/26 (2000 fans) who don’t all sing, to make the only real noise in the ground!

It’s abundantly clear now that noise does not carry very well around the Madejski. So initiatives like this should be welcomed and supported, not belittled.

What ever happened to being a ‘supporter’?

You are part of the problem, Andrews. Why not try and be part of the solution?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2019 10:23

One87One
Old Man Andrews In what would appear to be a move of desperation Club 1871 are giving away 2 free beers if you sit in the South Stand for the Wigan game.

No final role of any dice. The only reason numbers haven’t been great is because the fans have dropped off due to another relegation battle. As the crowds improve so does the numbers in the south stand, and they’re outsinging the east stand, so any negativity towards them is frankly just petulant nonsense.

What exactly is it with a small minority of our fans who don’t want there to be other noisy sections of our stadium? And yet whilst this very small minority have their moan, they seem to be continuing their own silent protest at the same time...

I love days out at Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, Leeds etc who make noise from all stands. Yet at Reading we rely on Y25/26 (2000 fans) who don’t all sing, to make the only real noise in the ground!

It’s abundantly clear now that noise does not carry very well around the Madejski. So initiatives like this should be welcomed and supported, not belittled.

I don't want noise

Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, Leeds are all northern grounds and it is down to the type of people in them and geography as to why they are loud. We are based in a very middle class area and have an extremely high amount of both old and very young supporters which isn't helpful when wanting a rowdy atmosphere.

The numbers have nothing to do with the relegation battle, they are low because people don't like the idea or the egos of those behind the project.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 28 Feb 2019 11:17

Old Man Andrews
One87One

I don't want noise

Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, Leeds are all northern grounds and it is down to the type of people in them and geography as to why they are loud. We are based in a very middle class area and have an extremely high amount of both old and very young supporters which isn't helpful when wanting a rowdy atmosphere.

The numbers have nothing to do with the relegation battle, they are low because people don't like the idea or the egos of those behind the project.

I’ve been to Bramall Lane twice & Hillsborough 3 times - I disagree that they are loud. In fact, the only time they are loud is when a goal goes in or they sing their stupid songs before a game starts. There’s actually more of a constant noise at the Mad Stad throughout the game than at many other Championship stadiums. Yes it’s pretty quiet due to numbers; at one stage we had a decent atmosphere.

Personally think Club 1871 should be in the North-East corner. Always used to be torn between Y25/26 with the noise and the home end. It could really make a difference in the 2nd half to the players if they were playing into an atmosphere rather than away from it.

Completely agree with the points raised that Club 1871 need to be near other fans to get those other fans joining in. They are isolated where they are at present

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2019 14:05

Club 1871 will not be there next season. Guarantee it.

2100 posts