Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by windermereROYAL » 08 Nov 2019 10:56

URZZZZ I see the Leeds fans are crying again about only having an allocation of 2,200 for our game in November. Nice work Club1871 :lol:

Although a few Leeds fans have already said they’re going in the home end so should be another interesting one...

Leeds fan I know in the home end last year, cheered when the first goal went in, got reported and ejected, 5 year ban. i notice they complain about the allocation but not the price, strange that.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Nov 2019 11:01

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ I see the Leeds fans are crying again about only having an allocation of 2,200 for our game in November. Nice work Club1871 :lol:

Although a few Leeds fans have already said they’re going in the home end so should be another interesting one...

Leeds fan I know in the home end last year, cheered when the first goal went in, got reported and ejected, 5 year ban. i notice they complain about the allocation but not the price, strange that.

Yeah, you don't really have the right to moan when you're charging £36 for away tickets. I live a 40 min train journey from Leeds and have never been to Elland Road.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 11:22

Elm Park Kid
windermereROYAL

Yeah, you don't really have the right to moan when you're charging £36 for away tickets. I live a 40 min train journey from Leeds and have never been to Elland Road.

Ultimately for Leeds though, if they’re thinking through in an economic sense, they probably still get more revenue charging us £36 rather than £20. If they did drop the price to what we charged them, would we bring that many more people? I’m not sure

Most clubs are now only interested in money, we seem to be one of the only clubs who take into account the feelings of other supporters

I personally think tickets should be capped at £30 though. You shouldn’t really be paying more for a Championship game than a top flight one

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Nov 2019 14:13

URZZZZ
Elm Park Kid
windermereROYAL

Ultimately for Leeds though, if they’re thinking through in an economic sense, they probably still get more revenue charging us £36 rather than £20. If they did drop the price to what we charged them, would we bring that many more people? I’m not sure

Most clubs are now only interested in money, we seem to be one of the only clubs who take into account the feelings of other supporters

I personally think tickets should be capped at £30 though. You shouldn’t really be paying more for a Championship game than a top flight one

£36 is reasonable to be honest.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Nov 2019 14:42

Actually it was £39 last season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Nov 2019 14:43

Its irrelevant how much it is. Either pay it and go or don't pay it and stay at home. Going to football isn't something you're forced to do, you have a choice.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Nov 2019 15:37

Old Man Andrews Its irrelevant how much it is. Either pay it and go or don't pay it and stay at home. Going to football isn't something you're forced to do, you have a choice.

+1

I always find it hilarious that people moan so much about paying for something that they wouldn't have gone to anyway.

Or moan so much about paying for it and spend £70 on booze and food.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Nov 2019 15:44

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews Its irrelevant how much it is. Either pay it and go or don't pay it and stay at home. Going to football isn't something you're forced to do, you have a choice.

+1

I always find it hilarious that people moan so much about paying for something that they wouldn't have gone to anyway.

Have you two never not agreed on something? Although I suppose that would be considered schizophrenia right?
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 08 Nov 2019 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Nov 2019 15:46

If fans really are the 12th man and have an impact on player performances, limiting a vocal away following, even if incurring a short term cost, seems pretty smart.

Not to mention having C1871 improves our support. Whatever it takes to get 3 points.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Nov 2019 16:05

Jagermesiter1871
The Enfield Royal71

+1

Have you two never not agreed on something? Although I suppose that would be considered schizophrenia right?

We frequently disagree don't we OMA?

But it's always a good discussion and jovial.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Nov 2019 16:23

Jagermesiter1871
The Enfield Royal71

+1

Mocking people with mental illness? Tut tut.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 22:57

Jagermesiter1871 If fans really are the 12th man and have an impact on player performances, limiting a vocal away following, even if incurring a short term cost, seems pretty smart.

Not to mention having C1871 improves our support. Whatever it takes to get 3 points.

For the first 12 months of it, I would have disagreed with you, being that it was only filling a very small portion of the stand. Now it makes sense to me given we’re filling up pretty much the entire stand

The only downside is that it will result in Leeds fans sitting in the home end and as WR said above, that may not be the greatest outcome...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 22:59

That’s not a sufficient argument because that can almost apply to anything

People watch football for a variety of reasons and some people won’t be able to afford £39 a ticket

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Nov 2019 06:55

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871 If fans really are the 12th man and have an impact on player performances, limiting a vocal away following, even if incurring a short term cost, seems pretty smart.

For the first 12 months of it, I would have disagreed with you, being that it was only filling a very small portion of the stand. Now it makes sense to me given we’re filling up pretty much the entire stand

The only downside is that it will result in Leeds fans sitting in the home end and as WR said above, that may not be the greatest outcome...

Tbf, there probably would’ve been Leeds fans in the home end even if we gave them the whole stand, maybe not as many, but they’d still be there.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 09 Nov 2019 08:18

URZZZZ

That’s not a sufficient argument because that can almost apply to anything

People watch football for a variety of reasons and some people won’t be able to afford £39 a ticket

Then if they cannot afford it, they just don't go and do something else for those few hours.

It isn't as if there are other ways to consume a football match nowdays other then live.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Nov 2019 19:43

Came through loud and clear on the stream today. Another good job.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2019 17:17

That's a bit of a simplistic view to take. Why should football fans be blatantly ripped off because they want to support their team and effectively be left in that take it or leave it situation by greedy bastard clubs like Leeds and Bristol City?

People have choices over most things they spend their money on. IMO that still doesn't excuse blatant profiteering.

I believe Reading should take a stand when it comes to the real rip off merchants like Leeds, charge their supporters the £25 that they are permitted to do and leaflet them at the game to let them know why they have ended up paying £5 more than other visiting supporters.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Nov 2019 17:47

RoyalBlue

That's a bit of a simplistic view to take. Why should football fans be blatantly ripped off because they want to support their team and effectively be left in that take it or leave it situation by greedy bastard clubs like Leeds and Bristol City?

People have choices over most things they spend their money on. IMO that still doesn't excuse blatant profiteering.

I believe Reading should take a stand when it comes to the real rip off merchants like Leeds, charge their supporters the £25 that they are permitted to do and leaflet them at the game to let them know why they have ended up paying £5 more than other visiting supporters.

:|

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 10 Nov 2019 19:56

RoyalBlue

But wouldn't we have to charge our fans in the ED stand £5 more as well for that game?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Nov 2019 08:41

The Enfield Royal71 :|

Get off this thread DD you know better.

2100 posts