Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 14:11

madreadingfan People on here saying it's a failure after 2 games :lol: always going to be a slow process, like someone said, they're not going to be ultras overnight.

Also, they can't control what everyone is singing who comes into the group, that would be near impossible. Young lads have been chanting at away fans, the organisers aren't exactly going to walk up to them and ask them to stop are they?! I was in there for both games and I just don't think a lot of fans were up for it which is a shame but again the organisers can't control that. Give it time and I'm sure it will grow. You can't give up after 1 bad game.

I thought the South and East complimented each other excellently for the Derby game and kept Derby fans quiet.

Rather than knocking them down, why don't you start encouraging them for a much needed initiative? I certainly didn't hear East stand sing after Bolton scored either.

They implied this is exactly what would be happening yes.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 Aug 2018 14:33

Jagermesiter1871 Are the 3 of you just going to circle jerk each other off whilst wallowing in some weird pride that we have a shit atmosphere and an effort by a group of fans, hasn't thus far turned the madejski into la bombonera? #sad

I don't have any pride about it in fact I find the whole thing quite embarrassing. It would be nice if they were public with there thoughts as to why it was so shit the other day. That is all.

The handjob would be a plus though

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Aug 2018 14:34

Club 1871 isn't for me but this John Smith character has to be one of the saddest fvckers on the whole internet with the way he's obsessed with them. What a tool

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Aug 2018 15:07

Old Man Andrews
madreadingfan People on here saying it's a failure after 2 games :lol: always going to be a slow process, like someone said, they're not going to be ultras overnight.

Also, they can't control what everyone is singing who comes into the group, that would be near impossible. Young lads have been chanting at away fans, the organisers aren't exactly going to walk up to them and ask them to stop are they?! I was in there for both games and I just don't think a lot of fans were up for it which is a shame but again the organisers can't control that. Give it time and I'm sure it will grow. You can't give up after 1 bad game.

I thought the South and East complimented each other excellently for the Derby game and kept Derby fans quiet.

Rather than knocking them down, why don't you start encouraging them for a much needed initiative? I certainly didn't hear East stand sing after Bolton scored either.

They didn't imply, they said it was their objective. There is a difference.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 15:11

madreadingfan
Old Man Andrews

Then they have failed a key objective then? I wanted it to work as much as anyone but it just clearly hasn't. I just can't see how they can rescue it now.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Aug 2018 15:29

Old Man Andrews
madreadingfan
Old Man Andrews

Then they have failed a key objective then? I wanted it to work as much as anyone but it just clearly hasn't. I just can't see how they can rescue it now.

You really didn't.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Aug 2018 15:32

Old Man Andrews Then they have failed a key objective then? I wanted it to work as much as anyone but it just clearly hasn't. I just can't see how they can rescue it now.

It is only two games in though -> I know you may respond "Yea and it's failed already"............. but my point is that it's still maturing. They raised over £1000 from crowd funding alone, and have the support of the club.

One game was against Bolton at home in front of a poor crowd. Other games will draw more people... some less people.

However, at least some are trying to improve the atmosphere in a way other than moaning on Twatter or HNA?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 15:33

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
madreadingfan

You really didn't.

I did, we made peace and I spoke to the organiser about it. Quite well documented if you do your research.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 15:34

bobby1413
Old Man Andrews Then they have failed a key objective then? I wanted it to work as much as anyone but it just clearly hasn't. I just can't see how they can rescue it now.

It is only two games in though -> I know you may respond "Yea and it's failed already"............. but my point is that it's still maturing. They raised over £1000 from crowd funding alone, and have the support of the club.

One game was against Bolton at home in front of a poor crowd. Other games will draw more people... some less people.

However, at least some are trying to improve the atmosphere in a way other than moaning on Twatter or HNA?

And they have my full support but they must address the concerns that have arisen? They appear to be going back on what they set out to achieve thats all.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 Aug 2018 15:36

bobby1413

These were exactly the sort of games they were supposed to improve the atmosphere and if anything made it worse

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Aug 2018 15:59

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews

You really didn't.

I did, we made peace and I spoke to the organiser about it. Quite well documented if you do your research.

No you got called out for some moronic and personal posts, which you then made up over.

You were opposed to it from the start.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 16:14

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
You really didn't.

No you got called out for some moronic and personal posts, which you then made up over.

They weren't personal or moronic. If you can't take opposing views then a forum probably isn't the place for you. I spoke at length with an organiser who explained in detail their ideas and I came on board. People are allowed to change their minds in life.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Aug 2018 16:23

Silver Fox Club 1871 isn't for me but this John Smith character has to be one of the saddest fvckers on the whole internet with the way he's obsessed with them. What a tool

:D :D :D
You can't go round trying to make a point with insulting comments and cyber bullying. Luckily I have a much thicker skin than be able to deal with trolls like you. It's something Club 1871 will need to take into account in the coming weeks when the scrutiny really hits home.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Aug 2018 16:26

I am almost certain the Reading FC Truth twitter account is a joint venture between John Smith and Old Man Andrews

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Aug 2018 16:43

genome I am almost certain the Reading FC Truth twitter account is a joint venture between John Smith and Old Man Andrews

Doesn't that guy regularly use #SAD at many things about the south stand arrangement. Didn't someone very recently, in this thread end one of his rants with that......just saying.....

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Aug 2018 18:10

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews

They weren't personal or moronic. If you can't take opposing views then a forum probably isn't the place for you. I spoke at length with an organiser who explained in detail their ideas and I came on board. People are allowed to change their minds in life.

And you didn't make any comments about aforementioned organiser or out her on the forum?

I don't think we even necessarily have opposed views. I'm not in the 1871 club nor do I absolutely love the idea. I just think its sad to take glee in it's supposed failure.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2018 20:05

and typical Kes and pals etc etc.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 22:07

AthleticoSpizz and typical Kes and pals etc etc.

Bore off prick. Welcome to ignore.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2018 22:09

a bit part player...pffft

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 22:10

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

And you didn't make any comments about aforementioned organiser or out her on the forum?

I don't think we even necessarily have opposed views. I'm not in the 1871 club nor do I absolutely love the idea. I just think its sad to take glee in it's supposed failure.

She wasn't an organiser you White Knight.

2100 posts