Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2018 14:57

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox This genuinely still exists after last game?

They are clinging on for dear life instead of doing the honourable thing.

It shouldn't really be a surprise that they won't go, Ian Royal is one of the ringleaders so that kinda says it all.

I think the last game technically was Sparta Prague in the U23s cup where a grand total of 5 teenagers with nothing better to do stood at the front row chanting. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 14:58

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox This genuinely still exists after last game?

It shouldn't really be a surprise that they won't go, Ian Royal is one of the ringleaders so that kinda says it all.

I think the last game technically was Sparta Prague in the U23s cup where a grand total of 5 teenagers with nothing better to do stood at the front row chanting. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for them.

Some of Ian Royal's boys no doubt.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 02 Nov 2018 15:40

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews

The Ian Royal Firm?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Nov 2018 15:59

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews
John Smith I think the last game technically was Sparta Prague in the U23s cup where a grand total of 5 teenagers with nothing better to do stood at the front row chanting. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for them.

The Ian Royal Firm?

The Bland Boring Boys.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Nov 2018 16:00

Kulshaw72RFC What if we go on a cup run and get to the 1/4..... play Man City. Will Club 1871 still refuse to move?

Obviously it wouldn't be up to them as FA cup ticket allocation rules would apply, you'll have to think of another "argument" I'm afraid

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Nov 2018 17:17

Silver Fox
Kulshaw72RFC What if we go on a cup run and get to the 1/4..... play Man City. Will Club 1871 still refuse to move?

Obviously it wouldn't be up to them as FA cup ticket allocation rules would apply, you'll have to think of another "argument" I'm afraid

Indeed, quite commonplace for season ticket holders in other grounds to be moved because of FA Cup rules. One that springs to mind is us going to Man Utd and having the top tier behind the goal, which is usually for home fans.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 03 Nov 2018 19:19

Wasn't the point of this to have an area for like-minded people who wanted to generate some atmosphere to be together?

I heard nothing today apart from a couple of "Cheerios" at Brizzle fans leaving early.

But costs be club money in terms of extra stewarding, policing etc.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 03 Nov 2018 20:06

I can't believe there are people on in actually arguing against a group of fans who are doing their best to create some atmosphere. Who in their right mind can be up for a packed end behind the goal full of away fans? Thankfully the club have seen sense and are at least giving it a chance.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 03 Nov 2018 20:07

Absolute Bullshit
They never stopped all game and I mean never stopped
Keep up the good work boys (and girls)

This is in response to Chuckle idiot!

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 03 Nov 2018 20:18

I wasn't going to post on here any more as I think there are a number of trolls & fisherman baiting fans. Having said if some of the views of people like CB, OMA are real we don't deserve any success. How people can find the negative in people trying to do something positive. It says more about their shallow, bitter, don't want any body to do better than me personalities. Football is a microcosm of life, try and look for the good in things you might actually find some happiness.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 03 Nov 2018 22:38

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Jerry St Clair Brizzle have, unsurprisingly, sold out their allocation for tomorrow.

They'd have sold 4000 tickets if it wasn't for Club Ego.

There are some serious financial implications to this now. Bristol Shitty are not even the biggest team. What about West Brom? Leeds? Stoke? Boro?

What if we go on a cup run and get to the 1/4..... play Man City. Will Club 1871 still refuse to move?

I hope somebody from the club has got into serious trouble for this farcical decision. We need to restore accountability. Although, who REALLY runs things at RFC with the seating arrangements......

You seriously are an idiot :lol:

The club has prioritised trying to get an atmosphere over a couple hundreds extra £k. I'm going to put this loud and clear for you...

IF THE CLUB COULDN'T AFFORD IT, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN

If you're that worried about the finances, have a look at the latest figures and you can see we have money and are in a stable position.

Why pick on c.1871? Why don't you complain when we sign players like Dave Edwards up on a 3 year contract and complain about that every week when his wages alone will be more than the south stand over a 3 year period?

That's right, because you're bitter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Nov 2018 22:53

I thought 1871 supporters were better today. The support around the ground was also improved. It was quiet for 10/15 minutes after Brizzle made it 1-1 but thereafter it was decent.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Nov 2018 22:58

Zip I thought 1871 supporters were better today. The support around the ground was also improved. It was quiet for 10/15 minutes after Brizzle made it 1-1 but thereafter it was decent.

Yep, thought it was a good idea putting the banner at the back, which means the fans are further forward and more together.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2018 23:25

Zip I thought 1871 supporters were better today. The support around the ground was also improved. It was quiet for 10/15 minutes after Brizzle made it 1-1 but thereafter it was decent.

Y256 put in a showing a few times today and I even heard the North and West once or twice!

South was short of critical mass of people still, but another good day given numbers, just like Hull. There was at least a low level of noise pretty much constantly, and a decent level plenty of the time. It would help if those who start chants could either use ones people actually know, or get some better diction. I have no idea what they words were to at least one of the chants so can't join in with it.

It took me months to work out all the words to Bacuna's song, people sing it so slurred.

OOOeeeOOOO Leandro Bacuna
OOOeeeOOOO Eyfyurgle yurgle veeya
He never gives the ball away.

The one I'm currently struggling with has something to do with "Steve Coppell was the gaffer", completely slurred line, something something Leicester, completely slurred line etc.

You'd think they might work out the problem when that song is always quiet and anything like Super Reading, Molly Malone, Skies are Grey, People always say to me, Yakou Meite, Leandro Bacuna are all five times as loud with three times as many people joining in.

Still, yet another enjoyable game with C1871. No moaning minnies. Unreserved 'seating'. Standing all game no problems. Singing most the time. Top stuff. Much better experience than I've ever had in Y24/5/6 and it'd be even better with another couple of hundred people.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2018 23:27

madreadingfan
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
They'd have sold 4000 tickets if it wasn't for Club Ego.

There are some serious financial implications to this now. Bristol Shitty are not even the biggest team. What about West Brom? Leeds? Stoke? Boro?

What if we go on a cup run and get to the 1/4..... play Man City. Will Club 1871 still refuse to move?

I hope somebody from the club has got into serious trouble for this farcical decision. We need to restore accountability. Although, who REALLY runs things at RFC with the seating arrangements......

The club has prioritised trying to get an atmosphere over a couple hundreds extra £k. I'm going to put this loud and clear for you...

If you're that worried about the finances, have a look at the latest figures and you can see we have money and are in a stable position.

Why pick on c.1871? Why don't you complain when we sign players like Dave Edwards up on a 3 year contract and complain about that every week when his wages alone will be more than the south stand over a 3 year period?

Surprised the Double Dunce and OMA have brought this up again given the total schooling they got a page or so ago from, I think it was, Stranded. Oh wait, they're trolls, so no I'm not.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2018 00:47

Snowflake Royal
madreadingfan
Kulshaw72RFC

Surprised the Double Dunce and OMA have brought this up again given the total schooling they got a page or so ago from, I think it was, Stranded. Oh wait, they're trolls, so no I'm not.

You're still hanging round with young lads in Club 1871 Ian?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2018 09:28

Ian is the Fagin of Club 1871.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Nov 2018 13:21

I'm not trolling. I rarely post. And certainly (unlike some) don't generally post for the sake of it.

I'm simply saying at the game yesterday from where I was sitting there was no discernible noise coming from that half of the South Stand.

Maybe it was drowned out by the away fans.

I look forward to hopefully being proved wrong on Saturday.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2018 13:31

Chuckle Brother I'm not trolling. I rarely post. And certainly (unlike some) don't generally post for the sake of it.

I'm simply saying at the game yesterday from where I was sitting there was no discernible noise coming from that half of the South Stand.

Well said, they made no noise at all. They have given up the ghost I think.

Ian and his boys need a new hobby.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2018 15:26

Chuckle Brother I'm not trolling. I rarely post. And certainly (unlike some) don't generally post for the sake of it.

Where were you sat?

Because there was definitely noise and it can't have been drowned out by the away fans who barely made a peep outside 5 minutes after scoring and the occasional corner.

I remember for years people saying Y25/6 didn't make any noise when they sung half the game away.

The accoustics of the stadium are terrible.

2100 posts