Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2020 12:17

Hendo
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews I did a long time ago, people seem to forget that. It isn't for me but I did go and watch a game in Club 1871 and thought it was perfectly fine if you like that kind of thing. Each to their own.

For me it's just preferring a 'Side on' view of the game. Pretty much all away games you're behind the goal and it's harder to see what's going on. The whole 'atmosphere is better in 1871' isn't an issue to me, but fair play to them for generating more noise most games. Thought they were excellent v Barnsley, the handbags aside...

I'm also one for preferring to be on the side. Always prefer to be higher up if I am behind the goal or on the side as it just gives you a better view. Not really fussed about being too close to the action.

Same, much prefer a high side on view than end on, but atmosphere takes the win for me.

Don't think the West lot will enjoy having the away fans next to them. And don't think those left in Y26 will want the away fans they enjoy baiting being replaced by us happy flappy C1871ers who abandoned them.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Mar 2020 12:22

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Tilehurstsouthbank
For me it's just preferring a 'Side on' view of the game. Pretty much all away games you're behind the goal and it's harder to see what's going on. The whole 'atmosphere is better in 1871' isn't an issue to me, but fair play to them for generating more noise most games. Thought they were excellent v Barnsley, the handbags aside...

I'm also one for preferring to be on the side. Always prefer to be higher up if I am behind the goal or on the side as it just gives you a better view. Not really fussed about being too close to the action.

Same, much prefer a high side on view than end on, but atmosphere takes the win for me.

Don't think the West lot will enjoy having the away fans next to them. And don't think those left in Y26 will want the away fans they enjoy baiting being replaced by us happy flappy C1871ers who abandoned them.

Also having the away fans stuck between to sets of potentially noisy homes fans is a good thing right?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Mar 2020 18:21

Club are threatening to change Club1871 to 18+ if behaviour doesn't improve.

https://twitter.com/Club1871/status/1234904533970702337

Needless to say, all the 15 year olds are angry :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Mar 2020 19:44

genome Club are threatening to change Club1871 to 18+ if behaviour doesn't improve.

https://twitter.com/Club1871/status/1234904533970702337

Needless to say, all the 15 year olds are angry :lol:

It's alright. They can still wear their Fred Perry and Stone Island gear, they just have to sit with Mummy and Daddy instead.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Mar 2020 08:54

Why don't they make Club 1871 reserved seating on the block closest to the away fans?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Mar 2020 09:37

LWJ Why don't they make Club 1871 reserved seating on the block closest to the away fans?

I would assume this would be incredibly difficult to police.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 04 Mar 2020 10:01

Hendo
LWJ Why don't they make Club 1871 reserved seating on the block closest to the away fans?

If they were to get 10 stewards in, proper stewards - not the neeks they have from uni who want some cash, who stood there week in week out and formed a relationship with the fans it would be significantly easier to police.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Mar 2020 10:52

I think it's clear Club 1871 has hit rock bottom. They are out of ideas now and need to grow up and put these ridiculous fantasies of turning half the south stand at the Madejski into the Dortmund yellow wall to bed.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Mar 2020 10:54

John Smith I think it's clear Club 1871 has hit rock bottom. They are out of ideas now and need to grow up and put these ridiculous fantasies of turning half the south stand at the Madejski into the Dortmund yellow wall to bed.

on the opposition back from the game thread we have

"AWetFlannel - I went tonight, we got outsung by Reading for most of the game. Bit annoying."

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Mar 2020 11:00

LWJ
Hendo

If they were to get 10 stewards in, proper stewards - not the neeks they have from uni who want some cash, who stood there week in week out and formed a relationship with the fans it would be significantly easier to police.

Agreed with that, tbf.

There needs to be some regular faces in that area who actually know what they are doing.

But I guess the cost of that would increase the stewarding budget a fair amount.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Mar 2020 11:04

WoodleyRoyal
John Smith I think it's clear Club 1871 has hit rock bottom. They are out of ideas now and need to grow up and put these ridiculous fantasies of turning half the south stand at the Madejski into the Dortmund yellow wall to bed.

"AWetFlannel - I went tonight, we got outsung by Reading for most of the game. Bit annoying."

The behaviour of the supporters will kill Club 1871, not the atmosphere. The club won't put up with smoke bombs and threats of violence any longer it seems.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Mar 2020 11:15

Hendo
LWJ
Hendo

Agreed with that, tbf.

There needs to be some regular faces in that area who actually know what they are doing.

But I guess the cost of that would increase the stewarding budget a fair amount.

How about a bit of self policing ? The Y26 refugees seem to be running the show. If the genuine 1871 got there a bit earlier, took the seats alongside the netting and denied the teenagers access to their ‘territory’ it would calm Things’s down.
1871 has been a big success and it seems there is a choice to be made. Either abandon it to the feral youth or reclaim it and reinforce the positive intent behind it. Maybe it needs a few ‘old heads’ to step in and make the point...
Where’s Big Clive when you need him ?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Mar 2020 11:22

LWJ
Hendo

neek :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think clubs should employ ex convicts looking for work as stewards. That will surely stop any fans trying to give it the big will.i.am

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Mar 2020 11:31

WoodleyRoyal

To be fair, If any away fans team outsing a home team fans who normally have at least 10x the amount of fans, there are issues. Regardless of clunge 1871, it should not happen

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Mar 2020 11:33

Hendo
LWJ
Hendo

Agreed with that, tbf.

But surely the club knew that having club 1871 would be a massive increase in costs/decrease in income and that this could have happened, and the FP&A team or accountants would have surely budgeted for this?

I would be interested to see how much club 1871 is actually costing the club in lost revenue and other costs.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Mar 2020 11:34

Nameless
Hendo
LWJ If they were to get 10 stewards in, proper stewards - not the neeks they have from uni who want some cash, who stood there week in week out and formed a relationship with the fans it would be significantly easier to police.

Agreed with that, tbf.

How about a bit of self policing ? The Y26 refugees seem to be running the show. If the genuine 1871 got there a bit earlier, took the seats alongside the netting and denied the teenagers access to their ‘territory’ it would calm Things’s down.
1871 has been a big success and it seems there is a choice to be made. Either abandon it to the feral youth or reclaim it and reinforce the positive intent behind it. Maybe it needs a few ‘old heads’ to step in and make the point...

Clive :evil: :evil: :evil:

Banned me and kicked me out three times for nothing

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 04 Mar 2020 11:40

Simmops

But surely the club knew that having club 1871 would be a massive increase in costs/decrease in income and that this could have happened, and the FP&A team or accountants would have surely budgeted for this?

I would be interested to see how much club 1871 is actually costing the club in lost revenue and other costs.

It's cost is insignificant and not something we should factor in, when compared to our full accounts.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 04 Mar 2020 11:44

Simmops
Nameless
Hendo
Agreed with that, tbf.

Clive :evil: :evil: :evil:

Banned me and kicked me out three times for nothing

Dunno, I'd say Clive was a bit ahead of the curve by doing that. Just an observation.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 04 Mar 2020 11:47

Simmops
Hendo
LWJ If they were to get 10 stewards in, proper stewards - not the neeks they have from uni who want some cash, who stood there week in week out and formed a relationship with the fans it would be significantly easier to police.

Agreed with that, tbf.

I think the club is doing everything to boost people turning up, and getting them to buy food and drink. Does it cost more to employ these stewards which would have to patrol anyway?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Mar 2020 11:59

LWJ
Simmops

It's cost is insignificant and not something we should factor in, when compared to our full accounts.

Having worked in FP&A and accounting in the sports industry, there is no such thing as an insignificant cost. Especially in such a volatile industry where a relegation/promotion could change everything.

2100 posts