Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by windermereROYAL » 07 Mar 2019 12:42

They claim to have 500 for Saturday, it`s a good turnout.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 12:50

Which they had to give away free beer for thus costing the club even more money.

They are only there for another few games though, the nightmare will be over soon.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Mar 2019 13:14

Old Man Andrews Which they had to give away free beer for thus costing the club even more money.

They are only there for another few games though, the nightmare will be over soon.

Of all the things the club could 'waste' money on - making fans happier and encouraging support is pretty acceptable.

You have to remember that the owners are only spending their own money. Yeah, we have FFP issues, but if the club is able to stick to these then does it really matter?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 07 Mar 2019 13:35

Old Man Andrews Which they had to give away free beer for thus costing the club even more money.

For whom is this a nightmare for? I’m intrigued to know

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 07 Mar 2019 13:36

Draw people in with free beer or lose out on potential £25 - so really, they are selling the tickets at £15 - like they are for Preston. But no one is complaining at that.

With the 20 plenty scheme every adult pays more than a away fan......so if it does kick on and south stand has around 600-750 in there each week (which is a way off granted) it makes financial sense in the long run. Only a few teams will sell that end out at £20, home fans would pay between £23-28.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 13:39

Royality creeps In

The regular Reading supporters who haven't got above their station.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 07 Mar 2019 13:54

Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In

I find it hilarious that you continue to be so worked up about this. Very funny.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 13:57

Haag Royal
Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In For whom is this a nightmare for? I’m intrigued to know

I find it hilarious that you continue to be so worked up about this. Very funny.

Who is worked up? Pointing out facts.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 07 Mar 2019 13:58

Old Man Andrews
Haag Royal
Old Man Andrews

Who is worked up? Pointing out facts.

See. Very funny. You can't resist it. Dear oh dear.....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Mar 2019 14:02

Or maybe the beer has been provided by a sponsor? When I go to an MLS tailgate there is always beer and other drinks provided free by breweries etc. to promote their brand.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 14:04

RoyalBlue

Or maybe the beer has been provided by a sponsor? When I go to an MLS tailgate there is always beer and other drinks provided free by breweries etc. to promote their brand.

Using alcohol to draw people in isn't very ethical though.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 07 Mar 2019 14:05

Old Man Andrews
RoyalBlue

Using alcohol to draw people in isn't very ethical though.

Pubs have been doing it for years.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 07 Mar 2019 14:14

The Free beer is being paid for by the supplier.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Mar 2019 14:15

Haag Royal
Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In For whom is this a nightmare for? I’m intrigued to know

I honestly don't know how I can sleep at night worrying about all these other Reading fans who think they are above their station.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 14:24

tee peg

On request of Club 1871. It is dangerous to give away free beer, encouraging people to be unhealthy.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 14:24

Hendo
Haag Royal
Old Man Andrews

I honestly don't know how I can sleep at night worrying about all these other Reading fans who think they are above their station.

You run the station pal....

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 07 Mar 2019 14:29

Old Man Andrews
tee peg

On request of Club 1871. It is dangerous to give away free beer, encouraging people to be unhealthy.

I think a large proportion of the population don't need any help in being unhealthy.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Mar 2019 14:38

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Haag Royal

Apart from the fact I have never actually moved my seat and have no strong feelings towards C1871, positive or negative?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 07 Mar 2019 14:43

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Apart from the fact I have never actually moved my seat and have no strong feelings towards C1871, positive or negative?

But you dont agree on this particular point, so you must be mental be default :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2019 14:44

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

No I meant you are so above your station on general matters that you run the station. Sorry thought you'd get it.

2100 posts