Rotherham away Saturday December 15th

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Rotherham away Saturday December 15th

by Royals and Racers » 20 Nov 2018 14:18

In X2 going by train- 9.45am from Reading change at Sheffield- arrive Rotherham 1.18pm
Thought the rail companies and the government were going to sort out train pricing !!!!!
To save quite a bit of money i`ve got a bundle of tickets along with seat reservations for Rdg to Banbury, Ban to birmingham NS, Brum to Derby, Derby to Sheffield, Sheffield to Rotherham. Same for the return !!!!!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rotherham away Saturday December 15th

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Nov 2018 21:09

In for this one.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Nov 2018 08:00

Royals and Racers In X2 going by train- 9.45am from Reading change at Sheffield- arrive Rotherham 1.18pm
Thought the rail companies and the government were going to sort out train pricing !!!!!
To save quite a bit of money i`ve got a bundle of tickets along with seat reservations for Rdg to Banbury, Ban to birmingham NS, Brum to Derby, Derby to Sheffield, Sheffield to Rotherham. Same for the return !!!!!

I'm travelling up to this one from London with my boy and I'm paying £48 for return tickets. It's the Leeds train changing at Doncaster for Rotherham. How much did you pay?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Nov 2018 09:10

Top Flight
Royals and Racers In X2 going by train- 9.45am from Reading change at Sheffield- arrive Rotherham 1.18pm

I'm travelling up to this one from London with my boy and I'm paying £48 for return tickets. It's the Leeds train changing at Doncaster for Rotherham. How much did you pay?

with a senior`s railcard and a child ticket £70. I might have saved an extra few quid by splitting the tickets even more but i couldn`t be ar$ed !!!! They wanted over £100 for the Reading-Rotherham tickets.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Nov 2018 10:42

Yeah. It's too expensive from Reading. Luckily I live in London.

I can understand why QPR took 1000 to Preston and we took less than 300. London is so well connected and cheaper to travel from.

Just two hours to Wigan and Preston and can be done for £50. Rotherham just over 2 hours.

From Reading it's more difficult and more expensive .

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Nov 2018 11:27

Top Flight Yeah. It's too expensive from Reading. Luckily I live in London.

I can understand why QPR took 1000 to Preston and we took less than 300. London is so well connected and cheaper to travel from.

Just two hours to Wigan and Preston and can be done for £50. Rotherham just over 2 hours.

Trouble is return to Paddington inc tube added to train from london is just as expensive as going cross country from Reading.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Nov 2018 17:52

In.....close to me, cheap, could actually get a point, only £2 to park......marvellous!

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 22 Nov 2018 10:56

IN ! £23 a ticket not too bad either, just shame about cost of train tickets...

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 23 Nov 2018 16:55

Top Flight Yeah. It's too expensive from Reading. Luckily I live in London.

Good post

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Dec 2018 11:38

Anyone going to Rotherham by train changing at Sheffield- i have just found out that Northern trains have industrial action on Saturday’s in December(barstewards!!!) and delays and cancelled trains from Sheffield to Rotherham and back are expected.
I might bus it from Sheffield- Stagecoach run a super tram every 15 mins which takes 30 mins to get to Rotherham station- trams leave from Fitzalen sq a short distance from Sheffield station.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 11 Dec 2018 10:54

Royals and Racers Anyone going to Rotherham by train changing at Sheffield- i have just found out that Northern trains have industrial action on Saturday’s in December(barstewards!!!) and delays and cancelled trains from Sheffield to Rotherham and back are expected.
I might bus it from Sheffield- Stagecoach run a super tram every 15 mins which takes 30 mins to get to Rotherham station- trams leave from Fitzalen sq a short distance from Sheffield station.

It is about a 10 minute walk from the station to Fitzalan Square. You can get a tram up to the Square and change, if you are feeling lazy. Equally about a 10 minute walk to the stadium from Rotherham Station.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 10:57

How anyone can get on a tram is beyond me. Tram travel is completely beneath people from the South.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 11 Dec 2018 11:15

Old Man Andrews How anyone can get on a tram is beyond me. Tram travel is completely beneath people from the South.

Also the best way to get around Sheffield :shock:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 11:18

Kitsondinho
Old Man Andrews How anyone can get on a tram is beyond me. Tram travel is completely beneath people from the South.

Would rather walk thanks. Nobody should have to travel by tram and be that close to common people.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2018 11:35

Old Man Andrews
Kitsondinho

Would rather walk thanks. Nobody should have to travel by tram and be that close to common people.

I know you're just saying that to get a reaction/seen to be edgy (quite why, I don't know), but the tram travel in and around Sheffield is possibly some of the best public transport in the country.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 11:38

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Kitsondinho Also the best way to get around Sheffield :shock:

I know you're just saying that to get a reaction/seen to be edgy (quite why, I don't know), but the tram travel in and around Sheffield is possibly some of the best public transport in the country.

I am not actually. Its the same reason I don't go on the tube and detest travelling by train. Horrible.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2018 11:43

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews

I am not actually. Its the same reason I don't go on the tube and detest travelling by train. Horrible.

Because you see it as beneath 'people of the south' and don't want to be around common people?

Ok m9.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 12:00

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Because you see it as beneath 'people of the south' and don't want to be around common people?

Ok m9.

No because I do not like public transport. If I were in the North then yes the people are generally of a lower class than us.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 11 Dec 2018 12:06

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Ok m9.

No because I do not like public transport. If I were in the North then yes the people are generally of a lower class than us.

I know you just want a reaction and I’m giving you a reaction.....but living up here, all I can say to that is
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no difference between Reading and Sheffield. Some nice parts, some less welcoming parts.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 12:10

Kitsondinho
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Ok m9.

I know you just want a reaction and I’m giving you a reaction.....but living up here, all I can say to that is
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no difference between Reading and Sheffield. Some nice parts, some less welcoming parts.

It isn't about the place it is about the people.