Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Blue-collar streetfood

by RoyalBlue » 02 Dec 2020 18:12

Nameless
RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where?
I mean more that being a large contractor, they have more scope to drag you through the courts and make it difficult if the contract didn't state explicitly that they had to maintain food hygiene standards (even though it should be a given). I could see them being dicks about it. Don't think I've bought anything other than beer inside the Madejski because you just know it will be overpriced grot.

Would they really want a potentially high-profile court case potentially focussing on their appalling food hygiene standards? They say there's no such thing as bad publicity but I'm not sure that would be the case in this particular instance.

Not sure there has been any suggestion of a court case. Them pointing out to the club that their contract legally suggests they are entitled to all food concessions on the club property is not the same as going to court...

I know. I was responding to the comment that Compass might take the club to court if the club terminated their contract for their appalling food hygiene score. Incidentally, I thought the kiosks only sold pre-prepared, pre-packaged crap - it really does take some doing to achieve poor hygiene with that!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Dec 2020 21:02

Jagermesiter1871
Silver Fox It's a shame that Blue Collar, as a hot local indie, haven't had their contract renewed, but the provision of food outside the ground ranks pretty low o things I care about in my football experience so I can't get too rattled and certainly won't be signing any petitions :lol:

I genuinely would sign a petition. It improved my matchday experience tenfold last year.

Was literally the only good thing about it last year

biff

by biff » 04 Dec 2020 13:22

Silver Fox It's a shame that Blue Collar, as a hot local indie, haven't had their contract renewed, but the provision of food outside the ground ranks pretty low o things I care about in my football experience so I can't get too rattled and certainly won't be signing any petitions :lol:

Imagine taking this long to type this out instead of a) signing or b)ignoring.

/r/iamverysmart

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Dec 2020 13:24

biff Imagine taking this long to type this out instead of ignoring.

/r/iamverysmart

Are you new around here? etc, etc...

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Dec 2020 23:07

From Despair To Where? I wonder if this is a decision made with the fact that attendances are limited in mind. Its probably more difficult to sack off Compass.

Hopefully its a decision that will be revisited for next season.

Seems all catering is outside the East Stand, none inside the ground. Makes sense until times normalise.

145 posts