Birmingham (A) 7th March

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Birmingham (A) 7th March

by Hendo » 24 Feb 2020 09:36

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/custom/documents/PDFs/Birmingham%20City%20FC%20(Away).pdf

Age Category / General Area Prices / Season Ticket Holder Additional Guest *
Adult / £20.00 / £10.00
65 and Over / £15.00 /£5.00
19to24 / £15.00 / £5.00
13to18 / £10.00 / £5.00
12 and Under / £5.00 / £5.00

* Season Ticket Holders can bring one additional guest at the above reduced rate. This ticket needs to be purchased in the Season Ticket Holders Name to qualify for the discount.

Great stuff.

Considering this.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Birmingham (A) 7th March

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Feb 2020 09:49

IN for this. Decent pricing policy.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 24 Feb 2020 10:36

IN! Trains already booked.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 28 Feb 2020 19:47

IN x2 with RG7 Fan

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Mar 2020 17:18

In

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Mar 2020 17:50

In - staying at son's in Selly Oak

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 Mar 2020 09:20

Mid Sussex Royal In - staying at son's in Selly Oak

Selly Oak Hospital Can Always Handle The Odd Accident

Also *in*.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 02 Mar 2020 09:31

In x 4

Question(s) for Papes or Brum Royal. Three of us are driving up and meeting eldest son at New Street, who’s coming down from uni. Had planned to do a spot of sightseeing, but youngest broke his leg and is still on crutches, so too much walking isn’t really on the cards.

What’s the public transport options between NS and St Andrews? Is there somewhere cheap/free to park relatively close to New Street and what are the best options for a decent pub. Stay central or head over to St Andrews early doors?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 02 Mar 2020 11:41

What’s the public transport options between NS and St Andrews?

surprisingly poor, to my knowledge.

there is a semi-parliamentary train that runs to Bordesley only on matchdays, last train leaving Moor Street to arrive at about half two.

There are buses, but I don't really go to that part of town outside of football. Eyeballing it, a fair few do go near the ground.

This is because, mostly, there are no pubs. In the city centre, depending on your tastes, you are well served. Walk up from station to New Street and turn onto the pedestrianised bit. Any road going uphill/downhill off new street will have a pub on it - some are even decent. Given the crutches situation, the Shakespeare on Lower Temple Street would be my suggestion.

Is there somewhere cheap/free to park relatively close to New Street

I don't drive. Birmingham has plenty of carparks in that part of the city but I expect that they are not cheap.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 02 Mar 2020 16:42

stealthpapes
Whore Jackie What’s the public transport options between NS and St Andrews?

there is a semi-parliamentary train that runs to Bordesley only on matchdays, last train leaving Moor Street to arrive at about half two.

There are buses, but I don't really go to that part of town outside of football. Eyeballing it, a fair few do go near the ground. Yeah there are buses that head out that way. Looks like you can get a 60 bus from round by the back of St Martins in the Bullring church which will get you pretty near the ground. Most people walk it, but obvs that isn't an option with a lad on crutches. Taxi will be <£10 from outside the station

This is because, mostly, there are no pubs. No, plus those that are are pretty rough and very definitely home fans only In the city centre, depending on your tastes, you are well served. Walk up from station to New Street and turn onto the pedestrianised bit. Any road going uphill/downhill off new street will have a pub on it - some are even decent. Given the crutches situation, the Shakespeare on Lower Temple Street would be my suggestion. Yeah it's about as close to the station as you can get, does get busy on match days though. If you're feeling up to venturing a little further up the hill (Temple Street, straight up past Tesco on the corner), 100 yards further on will get you to the Head of Steam - good if you like a variety of beer (not just ales)

I don't drive. Birmingham has plenty of carparks in that part of the city but I expect that they are not cheap. No, it will cost you quite a bit to park centrally, parking under the Bullring might be a decent option, or there's an NCP just on Hill Street by the back entrance to the station opposite Hill Street/Hinckley Street junction

Added a few extra comments in italics

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 02 Mar 2020 17:26

Brum Royal
stealthpapes

There are buses, but I don't really go to that part of town outside of football. Eyeballing it, a fair few do go near the ground. Yeah there are buses that head out that way. Looks like you can get a 60 bus from round by the back of St Martins in the Bullring church which will get you pretty near the ground. Most people walk it, but obvs that isn't an option with a lad on crutches. Taxi will be <£10 from outside the station

This is because, mostly, there are no pubs. No, plus those that are are pretty rough and very definitely home fans only In the city centre, depending on your tastes, you are well served. Walk up from station to New Street and turn onto the pedestrianised bit. Any road going uphill/downhill off new street will have a pub on it - some are even decent. Given the crutches situation, the Shakespeare on Lower Temple Street would be my suggestion. Yeah it's about as close to the station as you can get, does get busy on match days though. If you're feeling up to venturing a little further up the hill (Temple Street, straight up past Tesco on the corner), 100 yards further on will get you to the Head of Steam - good if you like a variety of beer (not just ales)

I don't drive. Birmingham has plenty of carparks in that part of the city but I expect that they are not cheap. No, it will cost you quite a bit to park centrally, parking under the Bullring might be a decent option, or there's an NCP just on Hill Street by the back entrance to the station opposite Hill Street/Hinckley Street junction

Thanks both, much appreciated!

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 02 Mar 2020 20:59

Whore Jackie In x 4

Question(s) for Papes or Brum Royal. Three of us are driving up and meeting eldest son at New Street, who’s coming down from uni. Had planned to do a spot of sightseeing, but youngest broke his leg and is still on crutches, so too much walking isn’t really on the cards.

What’s the public transport options between NS and St Andrews? Is there somewhere cheap/free to park relatively close to New Street and what are the best options for a decent pub. Stay central or head over to St Andrews early doors?

There are loads of buses that go that way from the city centre - can't remember all the numbers off hand but there are loads. A Taxi wouldn't be that much either I wouldn't have thought.

I'll be having a jar in The Anchor Digbeth before the game which is an easy walk from the centre on the way to St Andrews. Problem is the walking part for you,

Luckily, It's not as intimidating as it once was going there so most places should be ok, certainly in the city centre it's fine with lots of choices. There's a McDonalds at the bottom of the hill from the stadium as you walk up that used to be a terrifying looking boozer even for those who'd been about a bit! I think the other dodgy pub you shuffled past and hoped for the best just under the railway bridge is also now closed.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 03 Mar 2020 12:14

Royalclapper
Whore Jackie In x 4

There are loads of buses that go that way from the city centre - can't remember all the numbers off hand but there are loads. A Taxi wouldn't be that much either I wouldn't have thought.

I'll be having a jar in The Anchor Digbeth before the game which is an easy walk from the centre on the way to St Andrews. Problem is the walking part for you,

Luckily, It's not as intimidating as it once was going there so most places should be ok, certainly in the city centre it's fine with lots of choices. There's a McDonalds at the bottom of the hill from the stadium as you walk up that used to be a terrifying looking boozer even for those who'd been about a bit! I think the other dodgy pub you shuffled past and hoped for the best just under the railway bridge is also now closed.

Cheers Royalclapper!

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 04 Mar 2020 11:14

Very good pricing. Hadn't realised it was mates rates so only paid £30 for the two adult tickets and free travel. Best pricing for years other than cup games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Mar 2020 18:54

UpThePrem Very good pricing. Hadn't realised it was mates rates so only paid £30 for the two adult tickets and free travel. Best pricing for years other than cup games.

Yep, credit to Birmingham for this

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 09 Mar 2020 08:57

Brum Royal
stealthpapes

Ended up parking on Coventry Street. 5 mins away from the Bullring (and en-route to the ground). £4 all day, there's a few round here, all similar pricing. Certainly much better value than the official Bullring parking.

We popped our head in the Shakespeare, but it was already fairly busy just after 11, so we wondered up the hill. Did a spot of sightseeing with a walk around the cathedral and then headed back to the Head of Steam, which had an excellent selection of beers, reasonable food and enough TVs that we could watch the early game in comfort. Got properly busy, with a big bunch of Brighton fans here pre-match too. Not sure if they were taking the tram or train over to Molineux, but they didn't leave much before us at 2.

Junior's leg has improved with a week out of the brace, so he decided he fancied the walk. Few places in Digbeth looked OK, but yep, there's fook all near the ground still open, and didn't see one bus either.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 09 Mar 2020 12:42

Whore Jackie
Brum Royal
stealthpapes

Ended up parking on Coventry Street. 5 mins away from the Bullring (and en-route to the ground). £4 all day, there's a few round here, all similar pricing. Certainly much better value than the official Bullring parking.

We popped our head in the Shakespeare, but it was already fairly busy just after 11, so we wondered up the hill. Did a spot of sightseeing with a walk around the cathedral and then headed back to the Head of Steam, which had an excellent selection of beers, reasonable food and enough TVs that we could watch the early game in comfort. Got properly busy, with a big bunch of Brighton fans here pre-match too. Not sure if they were taking the tram or train over to Molineux, but they didn't leave much before us at 2.

Junior's leg has improved with a week out of the brace, so he decided he fancied the walk. Few places in Digbeth looked OK, but yep, there's fook all near the ground still open, and didn't see one bus either.

Good to hear you did all right on the day. Hadn't thought to suggest parking in Digbeth given the crutches situation.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1