Season Ticket Refund?

121 posts
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Ticket Refund?

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 15 Jun 2020 22:59

Great options from RFC and I would hope most STHs will take the iFollow option or donate to the foundation. A refund just seems churlish - except, of course, for those who are feeling real hardship as a result of the coronas.

The club still hasn't answered my question, though, as an overseas fan and an iFollow 'season ticket' holder whether I'll be able to watch all the remaining matches as per usual (especially as none have been picked for Sky to date.)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Jun 2020 08:51

I thought you could get iFollow plus some sort of "refund" until the details came out, which then made it look like iFollow, donate, refund or credit.

However I've just seen a tweet from the club that says you get ifollow and in addition you get to pick what to do with your money, which is nice

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Jun 2020 09:27

I never know how to link to tweet, it was from about an hour ago, having said that I've re-read and it might actually say "you can do ifollow but in addition there are are three alternatives" rather than "you can do iFollow but in addition there are three aternative options"

It'd probably be nice for it to be definitive before Saturday

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jun 2020 09:27

Silver Fox I thought you could get iFollow plus some sort of "refund" until the details came out, which then made it look like iFollow, donate, refund or credit.

However I've just seen a tweet from the club that says you get ifollow and in addition you get to pick what to do with your money, which is nice

TBF the wording is slightly confusing
ALL of our Season Ticket holders will be able to watch the final

home games (plus the

away matches) for FREE on iFollow.

Plus we have also offered everyone options to choose from in addition - give, credit, refund.

I don`t think you get both, the word plus means only if you reject the ifollow option, thats my take on it anyway, i maybe wrong.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jun 2020 09:30

Yep this is very generous from the club. As long as iFollow works that’s good enough for me and a fair trade enough for not going to the remaining home games. Once again the owners going the extra step for supporters.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jun 2020 09:32

windermereROYAL
Silver Fox I thought you could get iFollow plus some sort of "refund" until the details came out, which then made it look like iFollow, donate, refund or credit.

home games (plus the

Plus we have also offered everyone options to choose from in addition - give, credit, refund.

I don`t think you get both, the word plus means only if you reject the ifollow option, thats my take on it anyway, i maybe wrong.

I read it that you can get both but hopefully those who won’t miss a refund will take up option one and see that as a fair outcome.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jun 2020 09:32

Not entirely sure how Reading FC fans are struggling with the latest round of messaging, oh because its Reading FC fans!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Jun 2020 09:36

windermereROYAL

home games (plus the

I think you're probably right

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jun 2020 09:47

Maybe its me then..... but...

ALL

and then we have a PLUS

So you get ALL and then a PLUS of the other 3 options...

Bearing in mind the other options is well into the period of the live games being shown...

but hey - maybe its me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jun 2020 09:51

paultheroyal Maybe its me then..... but...

ALL

and then we have a PLUS

So you get ALL and then a PLUS of the other 3 options...

Bearing in mind the other options is well into the period of the live games being shown...

but hey - maybe its me.

Yes and it was worded to infer that hopefully option one would be a fair trade off but that you could still have a refund or credit if you really wanted.

JR

by JR » 16 Jun 2020 09:56

I stand by my message from last night.

My interpretation is that all season ticket holders get access to ifollow for free for the final 9 games, regardless of any other actions.

In addition (which is the wording used in the tweet this morning, rather than example, instead or alternatively) we have the choice of what to do with 5/23rd of our unused season ticket - do nothing, refund, credit for next season or donate to foundation.

However, it’s definitely not clear from reading it again. There isn’t anything explicit that says if you access ifollow then the other options will not be available on your reading fc account.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jun 2020 15:51

It would appear I was wrong, this message appears under each of options 2, 3 and 4.

Please note: selecting this option does not forfeit your entitlement to watch our final nine games for free on iFollow.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Jun 2020 16:32

Has that been added to the original page? I feel like I'd have noticed it earlier when I was trying to find out what the crack was!!

Anyway, final analysis suggests hats off to the club, again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2020 18:14

Zip
Hound again they've really excelled here. Really good options and again well done to the club. I'll be taking the ifollow option personally

Yep same here.

And here.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 16 Jun 2020 18:38

windermereROYAL It would appear I was wrong, this message appears under each of options 2, 3 and 4.

Please note: selecting this option does not forfeit your entitlement to watch our final nine games for free on iFollow.

That note has been added today after all the queries they’ve received since first issuing the news yesterday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2020 19:51

Watch the all the games (H&A) and get a refund / carry forward / donate is way beyond my expectations.

I'm almost motivated to go with the donation option. But I want the club to keep my money tbh.

JR

by JR » 16 Jun 2020 20:56

I’ve been impressed with the broadcasters as well. For Sky to allow us to stop making payments for Sports channels whilst still receiving all the channels was beyond expectations.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Jun 2020 21:02

Exceptional by the club.
I was never going to take a refund, and I really hope as few people as possible do.
Whether taking the credit option is helpful to the club I’m not sure. Helps short term cash flow but hits revenue for next season.
Would be great to know what is going on with FFP and whether leaving the money in the club would have any impact on our position.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Jun 2020 13:24

Honestly? I’ve lost out. Ifollow is the best possible alternative but it isn’t the same.

I think I’ll be asking for credit on next season’s ticket, which will probably be discounted anyway. I don’t need the cash urgently so won’t ask for a refund, but I’m also not inclined to effectively make a donation to our owners by turning down the credit. While I support the work of the community trust, I have different priorities for my own charitable giving.

Zero complaints and the club have handled it really well, but the ST is a major commitment that I can’t just write off.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Jun 2020 09:48

I'll watch some of the iFollow and let the club keep the overpayment. My only gripe is that decision means I also forgo a refund on the Car Park Pass which is extortionate and, given the choice, I would have taken a refund on as it's exploitatively expensive

121 posts