12%

Total votes: 43
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: STH Options

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jul 2020 15:25

Sutekh Given the continually dreadful home form I might go for an ifollow subscription anyway, at least for the first half of the season. But then once STs are available....

I'm thinking the same. I wouldn't mind all of the time and money spent travelling to home games if there was a reasonable prospect of being entertained by the team with the bonus of a few wins but sadly that's looking unlikely based on Bowen's style to date.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Jul 2020 15:43

windermereROYAL
Sutekh Apparently the first month of next season (at least) is going to be behind closed doors

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... -stadiums/

That would put clubs in a difficult situation as to when to put next seasons STs on sale.

Arguably a better situation than we were in this morning, but only if you could actually be sure when fans would be allowed back

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Jul 2020 16:12

Snowflake Royal Would it be fair to say that if you intend to get a ST for next season, the refund probably isn't worth a lot vs a credit?

What value is, what £40 / 50? In your account for two or three months? Unless it prevents an overdraft charge of course.

Obviously different if you aren't renewing.

Am I missing something?
Mine is £81.50

I'm undecided on renewing, partly due to the uncertainty around what's going to happen and how that translates to the stadium and the football buses, because there is no point having social distancing in the stadium if fans are then rammed like sardines into a tin box on wheels to and from the stadium.
I also have bad experiences with credits on accounts at RFC, my wife has about £20 credit on her account I've not been able to retrieve (I bough her a ticket to a game, she was ill, the club gave a credit)

I also imagine some families may be struggling for income right now as a result of covid19 and £81.50 in the bank is going to help pay the bills/buy food more than £81.50 credit on their account for a Season ticket they may or may not be able to afford when the time comes to buy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jul 2020 17:17

Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal Would it be fair to say that if you intend to get a ST for next season, the refund probably isn't worth a lot vs a credit?

What value is, what £40 / 50? In your account for two or three months? Unless it prevents an overdraft charge of course.

Am I missing something?
Mine is £81.50

I'm undecided on renewing, partly due to the uncertainty around what's going to happen and how that translates to the stadium and the football buses, because there is no point having social distancing in the stadium if fans are then rammed like sardines into a tin box on wheels to and from the stadium.
I also have bad experiences with credits on accounts at RFC, my wife has about £20 credit on her account I've not been able to retrieve (I bough her a ticket to a game, she was ill, the club gave a credit)

I also imagine some families may be struggling for income right now as a result of covid19 and £81.50 in the bank is going to help pay the bills/buy food more than £81.50 credit on their account for a Season ticket they may or may not be able to afford when the time comes to buy.

Wow, £80 is a lot more than I expected. That's a big difference alright.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2020 11:38

Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion

Am I missing something?
Mine is £81.50

Wow, £80 is a lot more than I expected. That's a big difference alright.

I think Club1871 would be about £60.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 23 Jul 2020 15:19

Zip
windermereROYAL
Sutekh Apparently the first month of next season (at least) is going to be behind closed doors

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... -stadiums/

That would put clubs in a difficult situation as to when to put next seasons STs on sale.

Tricky for fans too.

It would be nice to think that the EFL would give some consideration to the supporters of all clubs when planning the fixture list. Maybe plan to get some of the longer trips out of the way in the early weeks. I am confidently expecting that our first four matches, behind closed doors, will involve Wycombe, Bournemouth, Luton and Brentford!

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 23 Jul 2020 21:14

East Grinstead Royal
Zip
windermereROYAL

Tricky for fans too.

It would be nice to think that the EFL would give some consideration to the supporters of all clubs when planning the fixture list. Maybe plan to get some of the longer trips out of the way in the early weeks. I am confidently expecting that our first four matches, behind closed doors, will involve Wycombe, Bournemouth, Luton and Brentford!

You must be new to the sport.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Jul 2020 21:21

My boss is a Leeds ST holder, they already have had their renewals through. I saw at Charlton that STs are already on sale. Clearly some clubs are taking money when we dont even know when stadiums will be open.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jul 2020 22:06

Ascotexgunner My boss is a Leeds ST holder, they already have had their renewals through. I saw at Charlton that STs are already on sale. Clearly some clubs are taking money when we dont even know when stadiums will be open.

If that is the case, I am glad we are waiting to see what happens.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jul 2020 22:08

No chance I will buy a ST at this stage. Not interested in paying just to watch the games on iFollow.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2020 09:25

Zip No chance I will buy a ST at this stage. Not interested in paying just to watch the games on iFollow.

+1 to that, this season is a bit different obviously as we had already paid the money and there isn't a whole lot the club to do, but I won't be parting with any money for a season ticket until I know exactly what is going to happen.

I guess the risk as well would be that they say yes, people can attend from October (maybe ST holders only) and come January we're in a position again when the stadiums have to close and we're back at square 1.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jul 2020 13:11

Hendo
Zip No chance I will buy a ST at this stage. Not interested in paying just to watch the games on iFollow.

+1 to that, this season is a bit different obviously as we had already paid the money and there isn't a whole lot the club to do, but I won't be parting with any money for a season ticket until I know exactly what is going to happen.

I guess the risk as well would be that they say yes, people can attend from October (maybe ST holders only) and come January we're in a position again when the stadiums have to close and we're back at square 1.

Exactly.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 24 Jul 2020 21:31

Assuming that when fans are allowed back in it'll be at 50% capacity / every other seat empty...

How many ST holders do we have? 10,000? So that's almost your 50% there. If you don't renew you might be waiting a while to see a game again...

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 27 Jul 2020 21:13

The 10k are welcome to it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2020 21:34

blueroyals Assuming that when fans are allowed back in it'll be at 50% capacity / every other seat empty...

How many ST holders do we have? 10,000? So that's almost your 50% there. If you don't renew you might be waiting a while to see a game again...

Don’tthink they will allow 50% .
It’s not the bowl that is the critical factor it’s what is safe in the concourses. I think the upper west will struggle to be open at all given their concourses are enclosed, lower west is probably risky as well.
The other stands would be better as they can effectively make the concourses through ways and make people just go straight to their seats once they enter the ground.
Imagine queues at the turnstiles where everyone has to be 2m apart !
But you are right, I reckon it will be STH only for a lot of the season.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 Jul 2020 22:12

As an exile, I’d absolutely love it if there was an option of an iFollow season ticket! Maybe just an away games one for us though!

Personally I’d like to see the back of the sky red button in preference of iFollow. It would certainly encourage season ticket holders to go to a midweek game if the other option is to pay £10 for a game rather than getting it for free. Presume the club benefits more financially from Sky however. But midweek games for the fan’s attending, especially for clubs like us, have been slowly dying as a response to it.

How will it work for away support? Will the 40% capacity be for home fans only? Surely that would be a real disadvantage to the away side.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jul 2020 10:40

So as we already know, the US are taking a somewhat less cautious approach to handling COVID!

That having been said, Atlanta Utd have contacted their season ticket holders to advise them that attendances at any game are likely to be restricted to somewhere between 10,000-20,000 fans, in a stadium that can usually hold just over 70,000 fans, with extremely spacious concourses, toilets etc..

Atlanta Utd have something like 36,000 existing season ticket holders, so have contacted them to ask whether they would be interested in participating in a draw for tickets on a game by game basis (I assume they will get a credit for games where they don't get allocated a ticket). However, their seat could be allocated anywhere in the stadium (and some of the seats at the top of the stadium make the top row of the away stand at the DW Stadium appear virtually ground level, with a very shallow incline!).

Those fans who choose not to participate in the draw can opt for a credit against their season ticket and regular seat(s) when the stadium is finally able to open fully.

Extrapolating this scenario across to the Mad Stad, I reckon it would result in approximately 3,000-6,000 tickets being made available to home fans whilst restrictions need to remain in place. Given the UK's understandably more cautious approach to COVID, I suspect it would be the lower of those two figures, if not even lower. Furthermore, I suspect fans who are able to attend will have pretty limited choice, if any, on the seats that are allocated to them.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Jul 2020 10:23

RoyalBlue So as we already know, the US are taking a somewhat less cautious approach to handling COVID!

That having been said, Atlanta Utd have contacted their season ticket holders to advise them that attendances at any game are likely to be restricted to somewhere between 10,000-20,000 fans, in a stadium that can usually hold just over 70,000 fans, with extremely spacious concourses, toilets etc..

Atlanta Utd have something like 36,000 existing season ticket holders, so have contacted them to ask whether they would be interested in participating in a draw for tickets on a game by game basis (I assume they will get a credit for games where they don't get allocated a ticket). However, their seat could be allocated anywhere in the stadium (and some of the seats at the top of the stadium make the top row of the away stand at the DW Stadium appear virtually ground level, with a very shallow incline!).

Those fans who choose not to participate in the draw can opt for a credit against their season ticket and regular seat(s) when the stadium is finally able to open fully.

Extrapolating this scenario across to the Mad Stad, I reckon it would result in approximately 3,000-6,000 tickets being made available to home fans whilst restrictions need to remain in place. Given the UK's understandably more cautious approach to COVID, I suspect it would be the lower of those two figures, if not even lower. Furthermore, I suspect fans who are able to attend will have pretty limited choice, if any, on the seats that are allocated to them.

Thankfully won’t have that problem. 24,000 seater stadium, 9,500 season ticket orders where a number won’t renew, every other seat outside your bubble, job done.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 29 Jul 2020 14:00

Came across West a hams deal the other night for season ticket holders.
In brief:

1 Renew at full price.Put into a ballot.You get a partial refund if you miss out.Priority on next game.

2 Transfer to a friend or family if unhappy to attend under Covid

3 Pay a % of full season ticket to reserve your seat.Use that as a credit when back to full attendance.

Do we really have will have 10000 season ticket holders ?I think our attendance will be about 8000 under the restrictions.As someone said it will take ages to get in and out.
I really don’t know what I would do if that was RFCs offer.I Follow was better than nothing.But obviously would prefer to go.Maybe buy season ticket at full price and get on I Follow for free,until things return to normal ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jul 2020 10:13

paultheroyal
RoyalBlue So as we already know, the US are taking a somewhat less cautious approach to handling COVID!

Thankfully won’t have that problem. 24,000 seater stadium, 9,500 season ticket orders where a number won’t renew, every other seat outside your bubble, job done.

I don't think there is a chance in hell of that happening unless this Government really does want to still pursue herd immunity.

As I've said, the US and particularly Republican States such as Georgia, have hardly been approaching containment of COVID19 in a conservative manner. Despite that, Atlanta Utd are still imposing restrictions like those I outlined.

One of the UK Government's senior medical advisers has already expressed doubt over whether crowds will be allowed back in our stadiums at all in the coming season. They have also highlighted the suspected increased spread of COVID19 that would occur with fans chanting and shouting. Therefore, if fans are to be allowed back, I suspect restrictions will be at least as stringent as those being applied in the US.

Incidentally, leaving a seat free doesn't come close to even a metre of social distancing. You would also need to leave at least every other row free. You then also have issues of crowds congregating in concourses before games and at half time, particularly during inclement weather. Add to that congested toilets and the crowds through concourses as people leave after the game. All of that will need to be take into account and mitigation measures implemented.

For anyone who might be interested in seeing how MLS are starting to plan for fans to attend games: https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2020/7/23/21335827/atlanta-united-allow-fans-to-mercedes-benz-stadium