We will iFollow the Reading on laptop and TV

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: We will iFollow the Reading on laptop and TV

by 3points » 25 Oct 2020 17:46

RoyalBlue Having used the Red Button last night, I think I will pay a tenner for iFollow for future midweek home games and let the club have the benefit of that (tiny I know) extra bit of income.

The quality of the picture on the Red Button was absolute crap, particularly when compared to that which I've experienced with iFollow this year) and the game was also filmed from a single camera high up in the West Stand.

Our daughter was watching on iFollow in the US and reckoned at least two cameras were used, whilst she also benefitted from being able to see replays of key incidents throughout the game.

Oh, and the Sky commentator also displayed the Dellor/Gooding trait of struggling to distinguish between our players. At one point Ejaria (Olise) apparently played a good ball from right of centre out to a player wide on the left who also happened to be Ejaria! At least the Sky commentator has the excuse of only turning up to watch us once or twice a season!

That piece of commentary made me smile too. Although, tbf, he knows his stuff. He said something like “Ejaria, has a tendency to slow things down every time he gets the ball”.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Oct 2020 18:02

RoyalBlue Having used the Red Button last night, I think I will pay a tenner for iFollow for future midweek home games and let the club have the benefit of that (tiny I know) extra bit of income.

The quality of the picture on the Red Button was absolute crap, particularly when compared to that which I've experienced with iFollow this year) and the game was also filmed from a single camera high up in the West Stand.

Our daughter was watching on iFollow in the US and reckoned at least two cameras were used, whilst she also benefitted from being able to see replays of key incidents throughout the game.

Oh, and the Sky commentator also displayed the Dellor/Gooding trait of struggling to distinguish between our players. At one point Ejaria (Olise) apparently played a good ball from right of centre out to a player wide on the left who also happened to be Ejaria! At least the Sky commentator has the excuse of only turning up to watch us once or twice a season!

Yep

Picture was awful for me too
It’s iFollow or nothing from now on

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Oct 2020 20:45

Is your Daughter in America? Why didn't you mention this before?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2020 11:26

Is the PNE game on Red button this Wednesday?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 02 Nov 2020 13:52

John Smith Is the PNE game on Red button this Wednesday?

From the other thread, no, I don't believe it is.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Nov 2020 23:46

Is there actually a way to get it on the TV other than with an HDMI from a laptop? This is the only thing putting me off paying the £10

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Nov 2020 09:58

Jagermesiter1871 Is there actually a way to get it on the TV other than with an HDMI from a laptop? This is the only thing putting me off paying the £10

I'm not sure if something like a firestick or google chromcast would be helpful.

My apple loving family love to harp on about Apple TV or whatever overpriced POS it is.

Not that it's much help, but a wireless HDMI may be helpful. I got one cheap when Maplin was closing down but I'm sure you can get a good price on amazon.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Nov 2020 17:10

Jagermesiter1871 Is there actually a way to get it on the TV other than with an HDMI from a laptop? This is the only thing putting me off paying the £10

This is the most comprehensive guide we've seen. https://www.cambridgefansunited.org/blo ... experience

I only skimmed it and didn't see an answer to your query but you or someone with a keener eye might do. Start looking about half way down.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 25 Nov 2020 21:37

This from Football Supporters Association:

There's been much discussion on the topic of streaming, and our survey into the performance of iFollow (and clubs' own streaming platforms) has now launched. More details here.

It's imperative that to be taken seriously by the EFL the survey needs the biggest possible sample size, which is where you come in.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/efl-streaming

Share the above link to the survey among your members / followers

The survey will probably run until the end of next week, so there's not a huge amount of time to gather the data we need in order to feedback to the EFL.

STAR Liaison writes - I did the survey in about 3-4 minutes and it's quite straightforward so if you've watched any streamed games please take part.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 25 Nov 2020 21:48

If they're keen to maximise the response rate, why the short window to reply?

Mixed messages from the FSA there.

Seems they're not really fussed on reading feedback, just on having ammo to go chest thumping with.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 26 Nov 2020 10:43

Green If they're keen to maximise the response rate, why the short window to reply?

Mixed messages from the FSA there.

Seems they're not really fussed on reading feedback, just on having ammo to go chest thumping with.

Sorry, dunno re short window. Key thing is to respond to survey!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Jun 2021 11:21

As of 1 July 2021, Reading Football Club will be moving to new digital platforms, which will include a new official club website, mobile application and streaming service for live and on-demand video.

As a result, iFollow Royals will no longer exist - all supporters will instead be able to sign in to use the new video streaming service using their Royals Account credentials (i.e. the same digital account which is used to buy tickets, Fanstore merchandise and manage communications preferences).

Existing iFollow monthly pass holders will see that no further payment is taken from their account by EFL Digital after 1 July 2021, and pro-rata refunds will be issued to any fan with existing value left in their subscription.

If you have any questions about iFollow subscriptions, please email ifollow@efl.com. If you have any questions about Reading FC’s new digital platforms, please email supporterservices@readingfc.co.uk.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 30 Jun 2021 12:16

Are we finally breaking away with our own independent website? Fingers crossed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jun 2021 12:32

PATRIQT Are we finally breaking away with our own independent website? Fingers crossed.

Given that tomorrow is 1st July, it would be nice if the club provided supporters with a little more information. At present the only news of this seems to have come via an email from iFollow/EFL!

So many good things being done at the club but at present communication with supporters is still pretty poor.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 30 Jun 2021 12:40

The club is moving away from the EFL website and app template to a more bespoke, sophisticated and user-friendly design. Development is on track to public launch in June / July 2021 and STAR re-iterated its offer of members to act as guinea pigs to test the site ahead of launch.

https://star-reading.org/news/structured-dialogue-meeting-1-april-2021

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 30 Jun 2021 17:11

RoyalBlue
PATRIQT Are we finally breaking away with our own independent website? Fingers crossed.

Given that tomorrow is 1st July, it would be nice if the club provided supporters with a little more information. At present the only news of this seems to have come via an email from iFollow/EFL!

So many good things being done at the club but at present communication with supporters is still pretty poor.

Well in fairness, there's not a lot happening right now for us to watch! If I were them, I'd launch with free streaming of preseason games

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jun 2021 19:29

muirinho
RoyalBlue

Well in fairness, there's not a lot happening right now for us to watch! If I were them, I'd launch with free streaming of preseason games

That's quite a good idea. However, regardless of that, they seem to have allowed themselves to have got caught on the hop by the iFollow/EFL email and, for many (if they hadn't seen the notes from STAR) that is the first they've heard about the changes coming to the the website and streaming. That's not a demonstration of good marketing communications.

Whilst the cat is already scampering away from the bag and the stable door is swinging on its hinges, it might still be a good idea for them to issue an update of some sort to supporters, even if it's along the lines of 'you've heard from iFollow,.... the club is really excited about its new website and streaming services and we are confident supporters will like it too. We will be doing an official launch on ****'.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jun 2021 19:44

I hope there's a good subscription offer to watch games live if you can't be at the match. £10 per match was really unacceptable pricing imo but EFL doing things terribly doesn't surprise me at this point.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Jul 2021 09:18

tidus_mi2 I hope there's a good subscription offer to watch games live if you can't be at the match. £10 per match was really unacceptable pricing imo but EFL doing things terribly doesn't surprise me at this point.

It's a bit rich for my blood also but they're surely going to keep prices high as otherwise it undermines ticket sales.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2021 13:19

tidus_mi2 I hope there's a good subscription offer to watch games live if you can't be at the match. £10 per match was really unacceptable pricing imo but EFL doing things terribly doesn't surprise me at this point.

I imagine that will only be allowed for UK based fans if restrictions remain as far as attending matches in person are concerned, which at the moment, looks unlikely.

As a fan abroad, iFollow has been great despite a few flaws, so hopefully the new service will improve on that without much change in cost.