Back to the Mad Stad

302 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2020 13:13

Club have made an announcement:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/n ... some-noise

Therefore, tickets for the Nottingham Forest (h) game on Saturday 5th December, 12.30pm will go on sale as follows:

Tuesday 1st December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline, with 4,100+ points
Wednesday 2nd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline, with 3,000+ points

It is unlikely that there will be sufficient tickets under Tier 2 restrictions to make available to Season Ticket holders who renewed after the October 2nd deadline or who made a deposit on a new Season Ticket for 2020-21.

Subject to any change in the government guidance or any alteration in the tiering system for the town of Reading, we will also be going on sale with tickets for our next home game against Birmingham City this week.

These tickets will be made available on the following criteria:

Birmingham City (h) | Wednesday 9th December | Kick-off 7.45pm

Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline and who did not purchase a ticket for the Nottingham Forest fixture

Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline and who did purchase a ticket for the Nottingham Forest fixture

It is unlikely that there will be sufficient tickets under Tier 2 restrictions to make available to Season Ticket holders who renewed after the October 2nd deadline or who made a deposit on a new Season Ticket for 2020-21.

Norwich City (h) | Wednesday 16th December | Kick-off 7.45pm
Tickets will be sold to supporters based on a review of the process following the first two fixtures and may differ depending on the local area’s COVID-19 tiering. More information will follow in due course.

Luton Town (h) | Boxing Day | Kick-off 3pm
Tickets will be sold to supporters based on a review of the process following the first two fixtures and may differ depending on the local area’s COVID-19 tiering. More information will follow in due course.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Nov 2020 13:41

Birmingham home on Wednesday December 9th
Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline and who did not purchase a ticket for the Nottingham Forest fixture

Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline and who did purchase a ticket for the Nottingham Forest fixture

Surely that`s unfair on supporters who couldn`t get a ticket for Forest ???

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2020 13:49

Until everyone can go back nobody should go back.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2020 13:54

Royals and Racers Birmingham home on Wednesday December 9th

They will be included within that bracket and will be able to get a ticket. So if you had 3100 points but couldn’t get a ticket for Forest will allow you to get one for Brum instead. It’s basically allowing 4000 different STH’s to see one of the first two home games. Seems fair enough. Presumably STH’s that didn’t see either of the first two home games get access to the Norwich game.
Last edited by Zip on 29 Nov 2020 13:57, edited 2 times in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2020 13:56

Zip

They will be included within that bracket and will be able to get a ticket. So if you had 3100 points but couldn’t get a ticket for Forest will allow you to get one for Brum instead.

Yeah precisely that, my dad and I are going to go for the Forest game but we're in the 3000+ category so if we can't get that we'll go for Brum.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2020 14:02

Paid my retainer and in the 3,000+ category but I won’t be trying to attend either of the first 2 games, just doesn’t work out with existing plans.

Think the first one I’ll try and get to is the Norwich game or the Luton game on Boxing Day.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Nov 2020 14:15

Zip

They will be included within that bracket and will be able to get a ticket. So if you had 3100 points but couldn’t get a ticket for Forest will allow you to get one for Brum instead. It’s basically allowing 4000 different STH’s to see one of the first two home games. Seems fair enough. Presumably STH’s that didn’t see either of the first two home games get access to the Norwich game.

Lets say there are 4000 STH`s who want to go to one of the 1st 2 matches- 2000 will be at Forest, can you tell me how they can ensure that the other 2000 get a ticket for Birmingham when they sell tickets at exactly the same time for those who went to Forest and those that didn`t ??

JR

by JR » 29 Nov 2020 14:18

Surely a typo?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2020 14:19

Royals and Racers
Zip

Lets say there are 4000 STH`s who want to go to one of the 1st 2 matches- 2000 will be at Forest, can you tell me how they can ensure that the other 2000 get a ticket for Birmingham when they sell tickets at exactly the same time for those who went to Forest and those that didn`t ??

They should have records of payments. The member points for Forest will be shown on the member cards.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2020 14:21

Royals and Racers
Zip

Presumably it’s not hard to have a flag on the system that gets set once you have bought a ticket for either game which prevents you getting one for the other ?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Nov 2020 14:30

Sorry - not sure that under my scenario how they can start selling tickets at the same time- surely it should be afternoon for fans who attended the Forest game

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2020 14:34

Royals and Racers Sorry - not sure that under my scenario how they can start selling tickets at the same time- surely it should be afternoon for fans who attended the Forest game

Have reread it, it seems it must be a typo.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Nov 2020 15:26

Nameless
Royals and Racers Sorry - not sure that under my scenario how they can start selling tickets at the same time- surely it should be afternoon for fans who attended the Forest game

Have reread it, it seems it must be a typo.

It was now reads

Birmingham City (h) | Wednesday 9th December | Kick-off 7.45pm

Friday 4th December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline and who did purchase a ticket for the Nottingham Forest fixture

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 29 Nov 2020 15:55

so as someone who apparently rolled over my ST money from last season AND paid deposit (but too late as i had no idea i had to), I get zero chance of a ticket

How do i go about getting back my deposit money AND my left over ST money from last season ?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Nov 2020 16:03

John Madejski's Wallet so as someone who apparently rolled over my ST money from last season AND paid deposit (but too late as i had no idea i had to), I get zero chance of a ticket

How do i go about getting back my deposit money AND my left over ST money from last season ?

You'll be priority for the next game, though, won't you?

Edit
Re-read their thing properly, sorry! Yeah, that would suck if true, but my guess is you'll be in with a good shout for the third game.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2020 18:30

John Madejski's Wallet so as someone who apparently rolled over my ST money from last season AND paid deposit (but too late as i had no idea i had to), I get zero chance of a ticket

Ever tried getting a refund on a lottery ticket if you don’t win ?

The ST retainer payment was pretty widely publicised, I got emails from the club and it was talked about on here.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Nov 2020 09:03

looks like its the Brum game for me. Thats fine by me, looking forward to it

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Nov 2020 09:39

They should not award points for those who attend these first games back as that will only make the gap between those rich in points and those poor in points bigger.

I speak as someone with 4,110 points.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Nov 2020 12:06

Old Man Andrews Until everyone can go back nobody should go back.

Why? It's not a zero sum game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Nov 2020 12:09

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews Until everyone can go back nobody should go back.

Why? It's not a zero sum game.

Solidarity with your fellow supporters and supporters around the country.

302 posts