Back to the Mad Stad

302 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 10:18

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers Why can`t Reading FC proof read before posting- from the website posted 2 hours ago- ref Birmingham game.

Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline (excluding any supporters who got tickets for our Nottingham Forest fixture)
Friday 4th December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline (excluding any supporters who got tickets for our Nottingham Forest fixture)

Looks as if above is correct and the club changed their original schedule of this morning at 10am allowing fans who brought tickets for the Forest game to buy for Birmingham.

Changed at 10.15am to- available to all 20/21 season tickets holders who renewed before Oct 2nd

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Dec 2020 10:49

Old Man Andrews I think "mild inconvenience" is the phrase you were looking for. "DISASTER" might be stretching it a bit.

We recommend you allow extra time for your journey, kind of thing.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2020 11:09

I will be travelling Eastbound on the M4 from Glos. Can anyone confirm which junction I need to exit at to avoid the tailbacks?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 11:14

Around 330 i reckon left for Wednesday.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 11:21

Zip I will be travelling Eastbound on the M4 from Glos. Can anyone confirm which junction I need to exit at to avoid the tailbacks?

If i were you i would exit at J 12 go into Theale past the station - station rd/hanger road/ dean copse rd/ berry`s lane to Pingewood then kirtons farm road/kybes lane/hartley court road to Mereoak to get on A 33- if you google Theale you can follow my suggested route on the map.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Dec 2020 11:32

Nameless
RoyalBlue
Hendo
It's not like there is a major global even going one that would make people think twice about going or anything...

Exactly this. Proof that football isn't more important than life or death. Perhaps people are also concerned that the club aren't spacing supporters out as much as they could/should.

Charlton ran one of the pilot schemes and had supporters back again yesterday. Judging from the TV pictures, they were using more than one stand and were spacing their fans out far more than Reading appear to be proposing to do.

If we are spacing fans according to the rules on what basis are you suggesting we should make up our own rules and increase the spacing ?
It’s not RFC who decide how close people can be, it’s the licensing authority.

I'm not sure one seat spacing is according to the rules. Even if it is, the rules are a bare minimum. There is nothing to prevent RFC using greater spacing, as Charlton clearly are, and therefore reducing risk still further.

'The rules' specify that you shouldn't exceed 70mph on the motorway. That doesn't mean people can't decide to drive at 60mph if it is safer to do so. Equally the minimum spacing you should leave from the vehicle in front is a minimum. It makes sense to leave a bit more if you can.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 11:43

Royals and Racers Around 330 i reckon left for Wednesday.

Now available to ALL 20/21 season ticket holders.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Dec 2020 11:50

Anyone know if they are running buses to the ground ?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 11:58

Zammo Anyone know if they are running buses to the ground ?

From Reading FC

"There will be no designated football bus service nor Park and Ride options for this weekend’s game against Nottingham Forest.

The nearest public transport options are Service 6 and 6a from Reading Town Centre, followed by a 17-minute walk via Bennett Road to Madejski Stadium or Service 50 from Green Park to/from Central Reading, followed by a 14-minute walk from Lime Square to Madejski Stadium. It as worth noting that all bus services are running at a maximum of 50% capacity. Therefore, we would still encourage all supporters to travel by car if possible."

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Dec 2020 12:00

Its a bit of a trek but you can walk it from the station, if needed.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Dec 2020 12:23

Zip
windermereROYAL Watching the Arsenal game tonight, supporters 3 seats apart and the rows in front and behind empty, I feel the club have been very irresponsible here. the east stand is plenty big enough to give the fans more space.

I don’t get why we all have to be in one stand.

Perhaps, they want room for the Cardbord Cutouts in the west stand. Seriously though, the club may think the noise created by all the fans in one stand will amplify the noise more, than if the crowd was spread out over two or three stands.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Dec 2020 12:25

The Royal Forester
Zip
windermereROYAL Watching the Arsenal game tonight, supporters 3 seats apart and the rows in front and behind empty, I feel the club have been very irresponsible here. the east stand is plenty big enough to give the fans more space.

I don’t get why we all have to be in one stand.

Perhaps, they want room for the Cardbord Cutouts in the west stand. Seriously though, the club may think the noise created by all the fans in one stand will amplify the noise more, than if the crowd was spread out over two or three stands.

Thought the West Stand was full of cardboard cut-outs usually... etc, etc...

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Dec 2020 12:35

Hendo Its a bit of a trek but you can walk it from the station, if needed.

Yeah, Mrs has got the car and it also her birthday weekend (on Sunday) and I'm going to the Mad Stad lol. Taxi there, walk back.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Dec 2020 12:35

Royals and Racers
Zammo Anyone know if they are running buses to the ground ?

From Reading FC

"There will be no designated football bus service nor Park and Ride options for this weekend’s game against Nottingham Forest.

The nearest public transport options are Service 6 and 6a from Reading Town Centre, followed by a 17-minute walk via Bennett Road to Madejski Stadium or Service 50 from Green Park to/from Central Reading, followed by a 14-minute walk from Lime Square to Madejski Stadium. It as worth noting that all bus services are running at a maximum of 50% capacity. Therefore, we would still encourage all supporters to travel by car if possible."

Cheers dude.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2020 13:00

Royals and Racers
Zip I will be travelling Eastbound on the M4 from Glos. Can anyone confirm which junction I need to exit at to avoid the tailbacks?

If i were you i would exit at J 12 go into Theale past the station - station rd/hanger road/ dean copse rd/ berry`s lane to Pingewood then kirtons farm road/kybes lane/hartley court road to Mereoak to get on A 33- if you google Theale you can follow my suggested route on the map.

Thanks R&R. Will go with this route

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 13:57

Around 200 left to sell for Wednesday i would guesstimate.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Dec 2020 14:17

Now got Brum tix as well.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 18:20

Royals and Racers Around 200 left to sell for Wednesday i would guesstimate.

Now just over 100 left i would reckon- and available now to members with 1000+ points.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Dec 2020 19:20

Can you print tickets after you've already picked the post option? I didn't want to deal with the hassle of setting up my printer but the tickets for tomorrow didn't arrive today and considering it's a 12:30 kick off, I'm suddenly not confident of them arriving on time tomorrow as I assume that's when they should be arriving.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2020 19:41

tidus_mi2 Can you print tickets after you've already picked the post option? I didn't want to deal with the hassle of setting up my printer but the tickets for tomorrow didn't arrive today and considering it's a 12:30 kick off, I'm suddenly not confident of them arriving on time tomorrow as I assume that's when they should be arriving.

I don’t see why not.

302 posts