Back to the Mad Stad

302 posts
skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by skipper » 24 Nov 2020 09:35

I'm totally down for going, since my work industry is totally screwed, I actually have Saturdays available again!

I have a terrible points total though, so would need to be on general sale for me to get a look in. With any luck I might get a game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Nov 2020 09:46

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews I won't go back until everyone can go back. Certainly dead against a particular stand or section of people going back before anyone else. The only fair way to do match tickets in the current climate is to offer season ticket holders with the most amount of Royalty points first refusal and then work backwards.

I think this is what they'll do, tbf. That or there will be some sort of ballot where once you get a ticket, you can't enter again for like 3 matches or something.

I guess the only difficult thing would be families looking to go as one may have way more points than the other.

This is the an issue I would have. I go to football with my son, it is what we have done for the past 5 years together so there is no way I am leaving him at home because he doesn't have as many points as me.

I guess they could do a random ballot deal like you say. The people who want to go to a game are entered and get 2 tickets if selected so they can bring a family member or friend.

Yeah I don't have that issue as I usually just go by myself now, but I can see how it would be a big sticking point.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Nov 2020 10:33

As far as I’m aware the club were ready to go in October before the government stopped it so there shouldn’t be too much difference. I’ll certainly give it a go if I can get a ticket and then make my mind up if I want to go again after. Easier for me though as I don’t use public transport to get to the ground in normal circumstances so not really a lot has changed in my routine

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Nov 2020 11:29

Old Man Andrews I won't go back until everyone can go back. Certainly dead against a particular stand or section of people going back before anyone else. The only fair way to do match tickets in the current climate is to offer season ticket holders with the most amount of Royalty points first refusal and then work backwards.

Surely Club 1871 should be given priority considering they are our most ardent fans? Maybe let them all in and then any tickets left over raffle them off on the C1871 twitter page with all proceeds going to new C1871 banners and flags?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Nov 2020 11:31

Jagermesiter1871

Surely Club 1871 should be given priority considering they are our most ardent fans? Maybe let them all in and then any tickets left over raffle them off on the C1871 twitter page with all proceeds going to new C1871 banners and flags?

No. The people who have been there the longest should get first dibs. Why should the 90 year old man in the West Stand miss out just because he doesn't jump around and sing? He loves the club just as much as anyone.

boycey

by boycey » 24 Nov 2020 11:40

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

No. The people who have been there the longest should get first dibs. Why should the 90 year old man in the West Stand miss out just because he doesn't jump around and sing? He loves the club just as much as anyone.

Encouraging a 90 year old man into a high risk covid situation is far from ideal.
Give all tickets to the youngsters in C1871. Its the safest way to go.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Nov 2020 11:57

boycey
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

Encouraging a 90 year old man into a high risk covid situation is far from ideal.
Give all tickets to the youngsters in C1871. Its the safest way to go.

Right, and me, my dad and my nephew who have been going for a long time at this point miss out because we choose to be in the East Stand.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Nov 2020 12:01

gazzer, loyal royal As far as I’m aware the club were ready to go in October before the government stopped it so there shouldn’t be too much difference. I’ll certainly give it a go if I can get a ticket and then make my mind up if I want to go again after. Easier for me though as I don’t use public transport to get to the ground in normal circumstances so not really a lot has changed in my routine

Yeah, we'll have to see what happens, but I think it's fairly likely that not everybody who is offered a ticket will take them up. I go by public transport to the game, and my other half is officially "vulnerable", so I won't be going, even though I think it's reasonably likely I'd be offered one.

It does mean that if the stadium is opened up full capacity, but before a vaccine has been rolled out, I'd probably lose my "retainer" fee, but it wasn't that huge amount in the first place - and also, surely, even this government wouldn't go full capacity on football before the vaccine.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Nov 2020 12:02

Jagermesiter1871

You're stirring aren't you?

Actually they'd probably be discouraging chanting etc, so they'd want to be offering to Upper West first, as representatives of our most sedate fans.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Nov 2020 12:50

muirinho
Jagermesiter1871

You're stirring aren't you?

Actually they'd probably be discouraging chanting etc, so they'd want to be offering to Upper West first, as representatives of our most sedate fans.

Read that post and this GIF came immediately to mind...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Nov 2020 13:15

Don’t forget people from different households will all be placed in different rows suitably organised to be the minimum distance apart plus you’ll all have to sit there, probably being dead quiet, and wear a mask.

Plus you may have to prove you haven’t tested positive in the last 2/4 weeks and/or face temperature checks on entry.

Anyone think the enjoyment of going to a game/event might actually be a little subdued?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2020 13:33

muirinho
gazzer, loyal royal As far as I’m aware the club were ready to go in October before the government stopped it so there shouldn’t be too much difference. I’ll certainly give it a go if I can get a ticket and then make my mind up if I want to go again after. Easier for me though as I don’t use public transport to get to the ground in normal circumstances so not really a lot has changed in my routine

Yeah, we'll have to see what happens, but I think it's fairly likely that not everybody who is offered a ticket will take them up. I go by public transport to the game, and my other half is officially "vulnerable", so I won't be going, even though I think it's reasonably likely I'd be offered one.

It does mean that if the stadium is opened up full capacity, but before a vaccine has been rolled out, I'd probably lose my "retainer" fee, but it wasn't that huge amount in the first place - and also, surely, even this government wouldn't go full capacity on football before the vaccine.

I think there was something in the FAQs exactly about that last point from memory - worth checking

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Nov 2020 15:29

Obvs my mind will change if we win tomorrow night, but atm I really cba.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Nov 2020 16:22

Hound
muirinho

I think there was something in the FAQs exactly about that last point from memory - worth checking

Checked it.

Your initial payment is non-refundable. Should sufficient capacity to accommodate all Season Ticket Holders NOT be achieved during the 2020/21 season, the Club will ensure initial payments are credited against Season Tickets for 2021/22.

i.e., as soon as they have sufficient capacity to cater for all season ticket holders(presumably all those who've taken up the option), you have to either take up the option at that point or lose the deposit
I was aware when I was buying it this was a possibility - If I don't feel it's safe for my other half, then I won't go, even if "officially" it's fine.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2020 16:50

ah fair enough - yeah doesnt sound hopeful. Wonder how many renewals they got - if the govt let back in 50% then I doubt you'll get the money back

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Nov 2020 22:29

Nope I`ve written off this season. and I paid a retainer.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 06:42

Pepe the Horseman Obvs my mind will change if we win tomorrow night, but atm I really cba.

We can become Maidenhead United supporters, it's only over the road from us my neighbour.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Nov 2020 08:09

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman Obvs my mind will change if we win tomorrow night, but atm I really cba.

We can become Maidenhead United supporters, it's only over the road from us my neighbour.

I'm up for that providing they don't start losing.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 08:23

Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews

I'm up for that providing they don't start losing.

Yeah the second they lose a game I am done with them. I am not being associated with any losers.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2020 09:05

Only let those who are bothered to chant and GFM when we score to go back I say.

302 posts