Back to the Mad Stad

302 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Back to the Mad Stad

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2020 17:05

My understanding is from the 2nd Dec live sporting events can have up to 4000 spectators in tier 1 and 2 areas.

1) is Reading likely to fall in one of these tiers come the 2nd Dec?
2) Will Reading open the doors?
3) How will tickets work?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2020 17:24

Won't be returning personally. The travel would be crazy under the circumstances.

Hoping I'll still be able to watch on IFollow.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2020 17:31

Snowflake Royal Won't be returning personally. The travel would be crazy under the circumstances.

Are you talking about due to long covid?

I think for those fans that do go, it should be relatively easy experience. Plenty of parking.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 23 Nov 2020 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2020 17:39

Will concourses be open?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2020 17:45

2k if T2 isn’t it

And yeah looking forward to it if I can get in. Did renew the season ticket so guess I’ve a good chance of being invited along

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Nov 2020 18:40

Hound 2k if T2 isn’t it

And yeah looking forward to it if I can get in. Did renew the season ticket so guess I’ve a good chance of being invited along

Same here. Not sure how many of us have renewed but would go back. I wouldn’t take the bus from Mereoak and would just park at the Stadium. If there’s no stadium parking I may give it a miss.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Nov 2020 18:41

Snowflake Royal Won't be returning personally. The travel would be crazy under the circumstances.

Fully understandable Ian. I’m certain iFollow will continue because 1) the majority of fans still wont be able to go to games and 2) iFollow is a useful revenue stream.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2020 19:06

Jagermesiter1871

Are you talking about due to long covid?

I think for those fans that do go, it should be relatively easy experience. Plenty of parking.

I travel from Cambridge, it's bonkers to go that far for a game, via trains and the tube, during a pandemic.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Nov 2020 19:13

I wish our club and all the others the best of luck in working out how all of this will operate. Typical of the Government to give them so little prior warning. From what I understand they're not even publishing details of the new tiers until Thursday so clubs won't know whether they're allowed 4,000, 2,000 or sod all fans until then!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Nov 2020 19:16

RoyalBlue I wish our club and all the others the best of luck in working out how all of this will operate. Typical of the Government to give them so little prior warning. From what I understand they're not even publishing details of the new tiers until Thursday so clubs won't know whether they're allowed 4,000, 2,000 or sod all fans until then!

Agreed it’s a nightmare for clubs. How do they work out who can go to the games and what then happens if some fans decide they don’t want to go. Do they still have to pay for that proportion of their season tickets?
The numbers allowed through the turnstiles will barely make it profitable to open up stadia.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2020 19:44

I think most clubs have had plans in place for a while of some sort. I hope so anyway or else it’ll be mayhem

Guessing with us we’ve prob not sold too many more than 4K season tickets so maybe a bit easier. It will only be open to them. Big teams who might have sold a load more might have some interesting decisions to make

JR

by JR » 23 Nov 2020 20:50

Hound I think most clubs have had plans in place for a while of some sort. I hope so anyway or else it’ll be mayhem

Guessing with us we’ve prob not sold too many more than 4K season tickets so maybe a bit easier. It will only be open to them. Big teams who might have sold a load more might have some interesting decisions to make

The club haven’t sold season tickets? Are you referring to the small retainer we paid instead?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2020 20:53

JR
Hound I think most clubs have had plans in place for a while of some sort. I hope so anyway or else it’ll be mayhem

The club haven’t sold season tickets? Are you referring to the small retainer we paid instead?

Yeah them sorry. Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought they gave some sort of priority.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Nov 2020 21:00

Hound
JR

Yeah them sorry. Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought they gave some sort of priority.

I think it meant we retained our existing seats.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2020 22:04

Zip
Hound
JR

I think it meant we retained our existing seats.

Tbh I wasn’t paying much attention at the time but I did think it gave some sort of priority on top. My memory not the best tbf

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Nov 2020 22:35

Info here.

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/scree ... l/faq.html

Until full capacity is allowed. Likely that you won't be able to buy reserved seat.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2020 08:45

Lower West Info here.

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/scree ... l/faq.html

Until full capacity is allowed. Likely that you won't be able to buy reserved seat.

The initial payment gives you priority to purchase matches that are played at reduced capacity and at a pro-rata price which could save you up to £7 per match (A Season Ticket holder in Club 1871 will pay £13 per match, but a Member or a 2019/20 Season Ticket Holder who does not renew will pay £20 per match). It also serves as a down payment on the balance of your Season Ticket if full capacity resumes during the 2020/21 season and reserves your normal Season Ticket seat for you, in relation to future full-capacity matches.

Not sure how they'll do it but sounds like they have something in place

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Nov 2020 09:21

I won't go back until everyone can go back. Certainly dead against a particular stand or section of people going back before anyone else. The only fair way to do match tickets in the current climate is to offer season ticket holders with the most amount of Royalty points first refusal and then work backwards.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Nov 2020 09:28

Old Man Andrews I won't go back until everyone can go back. Certainly dead against a particular stand or section of people going back before anyone else. The only fair way to do match tickets in the current climate is to offer season ticket holders with the most amount of Royalty points first refusal and then work backwards.

I think this is what they'll do, tbf. That or there will be some sort of ballot where once you get a ticket, you can't enter again for like 3 matches or something.

I guess the only difficult thing would be families looking to go as one may have way more points than the other.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Nov 2020 09:31

Hendo
Old Man Andrews I won't go back until everyone can go back. Certainly dead against a particular stand or section of people going back before anyone else. The only fair way to do match tickets in the current climate is to offer season ticket holders with the most amount of Royalty points first refusal and then work backwards.

I think this is what they'll do, tbf. That or there will be some sort of ballot where once you get a ticket, you can't enter again for like 3 matches or something.

I guess the only difficult thing would be families looking to go as one may have way more points than the other.

This is the an issue I would have. I go to football with my son, it is what we have done for the past 5 years together so there is no way I am leaving him at home because he doesn't have as many points as me.

I guess they could do a random ballot deal like you say. The people who want to go to a game are entered and get 2 tickets if selected so they can bring a family member or friend.

302 posts