RFC/EFL Annual Fan Survey

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

RFC/EFL Annual Fan Survey

by STAR Liaison » 21 Mar 2022 19:22

The best, maybe only, chance to get your views across about the Club, the EFL, fan behaviour, stewarding, Fan Led Review and football governance is this Annual Survey.

This link will take you to the bit for Reading fans https://goodform.welcomesyourfeedback.n ... 0a=Reading

It's quite a comprehensive survey - and covers a lot of important issues (and some others!).

So, let 'em know what you think.

Weymouth Royal

Re: RFC/EFL Annual Fan Survey

by Weymouth Royal » 21 Mar 2022 21:43

Done.

Good to have a say on how poor the club is regarding owner communication with fans and their (non existent) vision for the club, and as always a chance to push for safe standing. Sad to say RFC haven't scored well in most questions. We've been sliding on a lot of things for a long time, now an almost total disconnect with the club/owner/ceo.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 21 Mar 2022 21:56

Also done. Hadn't realised cocaine was an issue, or even a thing, at EFL games.

But then we all get through the 90 minutes in our own way I guess. And prohibition (in sight of the pitch here) always leads to harder substances being consumed.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2022 09:25

Also done.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Mar 2022 09:33

They are really big on cocaine usage. Is this a recent problem within football grounds?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2022 09:37

NathStPaul They are really big on cocaine usage. Is this a recent problem within football grounds?

Not seen it personally, but I think I have heard that its usage is growing among football fans - probably mostly at away games.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Mar 2022 09:40

Hendo
NathStPaul They are really big on cocaine usage. Is this a recent problem within football grounds?

Not seen it personally, but I think I have heard that its usage is growing among football fans - probably mostly at away games.

Yeah never seen it either. Guess if you travelled away with some of the more "lively" clubs you might see a lot of drug use.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Mar 2022 10:03

NathStPaul
Hendo

Yeah never seen it either. Guess if you travelled away with some of the more "lively" clubs you might see a lot of drug use.

Apparaently so. The Euro 2020 Final debacle at Wembley was largely blamed on cocaine use.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/12/03/habitual-cocaine-use-football-fans-problem-sport-needs-face/

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Mar 2022 10:05

Dirk Gently
NathStPaul
Hendo

Apparaently so. The Euro 2020 Final debacle at Wembley was largely blamed on cocaine use.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/12/03/habitual-cocaine-use-football-fans-problem-sport-needs-face/

Really awful policing takes top spot in that particular blame game imo.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 22 Mar 2022 11:04

Went to a match at Millwall - in the home stand :shock: - couple of years ago, state of some people - and the toilets!

Cocaine usage clearly seen at EFL level as a growing problem - feeds into the sense of a 'party feel' about going to big matches. Obvs less of a problem at SCL therefore.

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 22 Mar 2022 11:49

STAR Liaison

Went to a match at Millwall - in the home stand :shock: - couple of years ago, state of some people - and the toilets!

Cocaine usage clearly seen at EFL level as a growing problem - feeds into the sense of a 'party feel' about going to big matches. Obvs less of a problem at SCL therefore.

It's become a very casual drug, and trendy too. Most work places find cocaine residue on toilet seats, same with restaurants, bars and pubs. It's a no brainer it's creeped into sport, with fans enjoying a few drinks and a few lines. It's not right, but it's now very common. It goes hand-in-hand with drinking; and it's impossible for clubs to stop it.

As for fans taking cocaine during home games; it probably acts as an anti-depressant...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2022 12:23

Weymouth Royal
STAR Liaison

It's become a very casual drug, and trendy too. Most work places find cocaine residue on toilet seats, same with restaurants, bars and pubs. It's a no brainer it's creeped into sport, with fans enjoying a few drinks and a few lines. It's not right, but it's now very common. It goes hand-in-hand with drinking; and it's impossible for clubs to stop it.

As for fans taking cocaine during home games; it probably acts as an anti-depressant...

Cheers,I was surprised by those questions too.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 22 Mar 2022 12:29

You don't see it because it's an illegal drug and therefore at a Reading game with the Reading fanbase it is still to an extent a taboo. its taken in the toilet cubicles of a key or finger.

If you see a queue of 20 something men for the cubicles you're largely seeing a queue for cocaine taking.

On any away trip to the pub any visit to the toilet you will hear a lot of it, less so for Reading as the away support is fairly family orientated.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2022 15:16

Tbf, I haven't been to a game for about 2 years now.

And I never exactly spent much time in the toilets.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Mar 2022 15:24

Remember when cocaine was meant to be a glamorous drug, not something you sniffed off the bogs in the millwall away end. Proper grim that

Considering it has the effect of turning people into the most horrendous tossers imaginable I’m not surprised it’s blamed on the rise in the utter Twattery of football violence

Can’t they all take e’s again and be all loved up and hugging each other like in 1990? Much more fun

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Mar 2022 15:44

Remember when the avergae football fan couldn't afford cocaine?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2022 16:33

Can't say I'm familiar with the pricing down the years Dirk.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Mar 2022 17:01

Probably since 2018 I've seen it being used at almost every Reading game; no idea how you lot are missing it. I remember Stevenage away in the cup a few years back the whole toilet cubicle at it.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Mar 2022 05:29

It’s really an important issue nothing to be sniffed at.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Mar 2022 08:31

Greatwesternline You don't see it because it's an illegal drug and therefore at a Reading game with the Reading fanbase it is still to an extent a taboo. its taken in the toilet cubicles of a key or finger.

If you see a queue of 20 something men for the cubicles you're largely seeing a queue for cocaine taking.

On any away trip to the pub any visit to the toilet you will hear a lot of it, less so for Reading as the away support is fairly family orientated.

What a complete load of horseshit.