136 posts
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: 2022/2023 Season Tickets

by Loafer » 18 Jun 2022 13:59

Nameless
Loafer
Nameless
Sounds lovely, wouldn’t swap it for watching the team I support !

You can support 2 teams

Personally I couldn’t. Lived elsewhere and taken an interest in local sides but it’s not the same.
Went to various local non league sides last season and while as one offs they were enjoyable there was nothing to make me want to go regularly. Each to their own. The football in non league is no more ‘real’, it’s just not as good. If you want to be all ‘grass roots’ you may as well go to your local park. Chances are you might end up running the line or getting asked if you fancy being the manager !

Since I've moved I've cared less and less about Reading to be honest

I much rather enjoy the Ishtmian league football I watch and being with my friends

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jun 2022 14:05

Nameless
Loafer
Nameless
Sounds lovely, wouldn’t swap it for watching the team I support !

You can support 2 teams

Personally I couldn’t. Lived elsewhere and taken an interest in local sides but it’s not the same.
Went to various local non league sides last season and while as one offs they were enjoyable there was nothing to make me want to go regularly. Each to their own. The football in non league is no more ‘real’, it’s just not as good. If you want to be all ‘grass roots’ you may as well go to your local park. Chances are you might end up running the line or getting asked if you fancy being the manager !

Since I've moved I've cared less and less about Reading to be honest

I much rather enjoy the Ishtmian league football I watch and being with my friends

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jun 2022 14:05

paultheroyal
Loafer Season ticket bought at local non league team for less then £100.

Can walk around the ground with a beer, have great burgers and hog roast, sit where I like and watch real football.

You can also do both which me and my son do.

How , if I live a 2 hour drive away :|

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 18 Jun 2022 20:24

paultheroyal
On Strings
John Smith Signed up for next season. The bit that convinced me was that Aldersh*t are charging £340 for the privilege of watching the drivel they serve up.

WTF :shock:

Aldershot want £840 a season plus kit to join their “youth setup”

Adult (18 – 64) – £340
Concessions (Seniors (65+), Disabled, Military Personnel, (18-21 Year olds) – £272
Junior (17 & Under) – £105

For my sins I am related/know a few Aldershit fans
They are not impressed at the prices for non league
Still never mind eh! :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jun 2022 20:30

We have our very own Frimmers, I wonder if his pension runs to that kind of expenditure?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 22 Jun 2022 09:02

Loafer
paultheroyal
Loafer Season ticket bought at local non league team for less then £100.

Can walk around the ground with a beer, have great burgers and hog roast, sit where I like and watch real football.

You can also do both which me and my son do.

How , if I live a 2 hour drive away :|

Reading is served well by a transport and road infrastructure. It serves me well coming down from Staffordshire for games.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 22 Jun 2022 14:41

Movers Day announcement:

After many years in Y19, I have moved our seats to the same row and position (on the stairs) in Y20. Felt that change was needed.

So goodbye then Y19, Row Z seats 17 and 18 :(

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 23 Jun 2022 13:54

Will stick this in this thread but individual match prices have now been confirmed; £22 North/Club 1871, £24 Lower West & East and £25 Upper West if purchased in advance.

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/usercontent/documents/PDFS/Home%20Match%20Ticket%20Pricing%202022-23.pdf

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 23 Jun 2022 14:15

RG30 Will stick this in this thread but individual match prices have now been confirmed; £22 North/Club 1871, £24 Lower West & East and £25 Upper West if purchased in advance.

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/usercontent/documents/PDFS/Home%20Match%20Ticket%20Pricing%202022-23.pdf

So the most we can charge oppo fans regardless of what they charge us is £27 as thats the C1871 price to non members.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Aug 2022 19:14

A rather different slant on the season ticket discussion: Has anyone else experienced problems with their season tickets/member cards activating security alarms in stores?

I have found it to be a particular issue when in the USA, ironically even when entering MLS stadiums, However, it's also happened in some UK stores e.g, Robert Dyas.

At first I thought it was my iPhone setting them off as I had read a few stories about that happening with a few people. However, through a gradual process of elimination, I eventually realised that it didn't appear to be the phone.

I then wondered whether it might be RFID chips in the cards in my wallet. Having checked through my wallet I found that the only cards in there with that type of chip were my Reading FC season tickets and member cards. On my most recent trip to the US, I left the Reading FC cards at home and was pleased to be able to enter stadiums and stores without setting off all of the alarms and having to empty out my pockets before going through security screening again. Likewise when I returned to the UK and left the cards at home.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 18:43

RoyalBlue A rather different slant on the season ticket discussion: Has anyone else experienced problems with their season tickets/member cards activating security alarms in stores?

I have found it to be a particular issue when in the USA, ironically even when entering MLS stadiums, However, it's also happened in some UK stores e.g, Robert Dyas.

At first I thought it was my iPhone setting them off as I had read a few stories about that happening with a few people. However, through a gradual process of elimination, I eventually realised that it didn't appear to be the phone.

I then wondered whether it might be RFID chips in the cards in my wallet. Having checked through my wallet I found that the only cards in there with that type of chip were my Reading FC season tickets and member cards. On my most recent trip to the US, I left the Reading FC cards at home and was pleased to be able to enter stadiums and stores without setting off all of the alarms and having to empty out my pockets before going through security screening again. Likewise when I returned to the UK and left the cards at home.

I’ve never felt the need to take my season ticket anywhere other than to home games !
What were you planning to use it for in the US .

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Aug 2022 22:27

Nameless
RoyalBlue A rather different slant on the season ticket discussion: Has anyone else experienced problems with their season tickets/member cards activating security alarms in stores?

I’ve never felt the need to take my season ticket anywhere other than to home games !
What were you planning to use it for in the US .

I travel a reasonable distance for home games so not really in a position to nip home and fetch the cards if I forget them (would also prefer to avoid hassle of trying to get TO to issue tickets in their place). Therefore I find it easier and safer to keep them in my wallet as I', very unlikely to leave that at home.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Aug 2022 08:51

Get one of those RFID sleeves for it.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 Oct 2022 11:25

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Oct 2022 15:55

UpThePrem
RG30 Will stick this in this thread but individual match prices have now been confirmed; £22 North/Club 1871, £24 Lower West & East and £25 Upper West if purchased in advance.

So the most we can charge oppo fans regardless of what they charge us is £27 as thats the C1871 price to non members.

Club 1871 continue to be nothing but a burden on this club. When is a truly business-brained individual going to take action against them?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Oct 2022 16:49

John Smith
UpThePrem

Club 1871 continue to be nothing but a burden on this club. When is a truly business-brained individual going to take action against them?

They have; hence the operation is still in process and at the lowest price from the one's mentioned above.

136 posts