Cash is king… less

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Cash is king… less

by Brogue » 01 Jun 2022 21:20

Club announce it’s going cash free in a trial During the close season summer months and august. The ticket office and club shop had 1% of all transactions in cash last season.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-24123672

On Strings

Re: Cash is king… less

by On Strings » 02 Jun 2022 01:30

I can't remember the last time I used cash, let alone held any.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Jun 2022 09:48

Sing of the times and all that. Can’t say it has any impact on me whatsoever. Not used cash at the stadium for a long, long time.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Jun 2022 10:53

I may be going back a bit, but wasn't law that under 18's were not allowed a bank card? If that is still in force. I can't see how only 1% of revenue is in cash. I can see the youngsters will have the bill paid by Dad/Mum, but what about the inbetweens who go without a parent?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jun 2022 10:57

The Royal Forester I may be going back a bit, but wasn't law that under 18's were not allowed a bank card? If that is still in force. I can't see how only 1% of revenue is in cash. I can see the youngsters will have the bill paid by Dad/Mum, but what about the inbetweens who go without a parent?

How times change. As long as parents approve application, it appears that you can have a bank account and debit card (no overdraft facility!) at just 11 years old.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Jun 2022 11:04

RoyalBlue
The Royal Forester I may be going back a bit, but wasn't law that under 18's were not allowed a bank card? If that is still in force. I can't see how only 1% of revenue is in cash. I can see the youngsters will have the bill paid by Dad/Mum, but what about the inbetweens who go without a parent?

How times change. As long as parents approve application, it appears that you can have a bank account and debit card (no overdraft facility!) at just 11 years old.

I had my first bank account/card at 11 with HSBC, which was 20 years ago now. So hardly a new initiative.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Jun 2022 12:03

Most younger kids have a Go Henry card now I guess?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Jun 2022 12:08

You are right RB, times do change and as you get older (and even more old) we just cannot keep up with new laws. I remember the days when you could only spend cash and that was usually coins, because bank notes were a thing of mystery!
Edit:- Even the ten bob notes were rare when I was a youngster. Ten bob was todays 50p in case you young uns are wondering.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jun 2022 13:32

Hendo Sing of the times and all that. Can’t say it has any impact on me whatsoever. Not used cash at the stadium for a long, long time.

Went to Preston in 2019 and they didn't accept card, and we had no cash between three of us :roll:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Jun 2022 13:35

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo Sing of the times and all that. Can’t say it has any impact on me whatsoever. Not used cash at the stadium for a long, long time.

Went to Preston in 2019 and they didn't accept card, and we had no cash between three of us :roll:

Yes, but going to Preston is like going back 20 years. Technology hasn't quite reached them yet.

Should've been better prepared :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jun 2022 13:37

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman

Yes, but going to Preston is like going back 20 years. Technology hasn't quite reached them yet.

Should've been better prepared :wink:

Fair

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Jun 2022 19:30

Pepe the Horseman

What happened? Were you able to organise a last minute bankers draft?

Local coffee shop here doesn't accept card orders for under a fiver (which mercifully most coffees still are). No problem, I offer him a twenty. To which he's like "We don't have change". You need to make up your mind pal - do you prefer cash or card for small transactions? In the end he relented and put it through the card machine but get this - I was made to feel like the bad guy.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 08 Jun 2022 08:44

Green
Pepe the Horseman

What happened? Were you able to organise a last minute bankers draft?

Local coffee shop here doesn't accept card orders for under a fiver (which mercifully most coffees still are). No problem, I offer him a twenty. To which he's like "We don't have change". You need to make up your mind pal - do you prefer cash or card for small transactions? In the end he relented and put it through the card machine but get this - I was made to feel like the bad guy.

Shameful. I'd be like 'do you want my money or not?' Is there a rival nearby you can patronise instead?

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1